Dragon's Dogma $29.99 @ GameStop

I might try that. Get the deal them lucky ass Microsoft Store people got. Was hoping Best Buy would drop it to $20 on their own. Seems like one of the titles they'd try to clear off shelves.

So this is part of their weekly add under price drops, but that ad is online, and Best Buy doesn't price match online prices. So, if I buy this at gamestop and then bring the receipt to Best Buy, they should price match, then I can use the $20 @Gamer coupon right? Then return the gamestop purchase.

Pre owned price, come down from there. If best buy would allow pm and coupon I'd have to bite. At $30 my back log is too big.

[quote name='walkonshadows']So this is part of their weekly add under price drops, but that ad is online, and Best Buy doesn't price match online prices. So, if I buy this at gamestop and then bring the receipt to Best Buy, they should price match, then I can use the $20 @Gamer coupon right? Then return the gamestop purchase.[/QUOTE]
Best buy does match online prices, but it would be double dipping and the leniency of your manager may vary.

[quote name='walkonshadows']So this is part of their weekly add under price drops, but that ad is online, and Best Buy doesn't price match online prices. So, if I buy this at gamestop and then bring the receipt to Best Buy, they should price match, then I can use the $20 @Gamer coupon right? Then return the gamestop purchase.[/QUOTE]Again, YMMV on stacking the coupon, but you could always click "PickUp@Store" on GS.com and print-out or show on your smartphone the page that displays "In-store price: $29.99" as proof. You could also just say the price is in-store as well, and assuming your BBY's employees aren't completely inept, they may either PM it right away or call a nearby GS to confirm the price.

[quote name='Diad']damn... if this can be PM at bb WITH the coupon, id be all over this![/QUOTE]
It can, as long as you are on good terms with the manager. Big YMMV.

I cannot understand for the life of me how this game retains such a high MSRP. It's a got a mid-70s score on Metacritic, it was released last spring, and yet $30 is supposed to be a deal? Weird.

[quote name='Rsmobile']The way this game clings to an overinflated MSRP is nuts. It's unique but not especially good or memorable.[/QUOTE]Just wait a little while longer.

I waited forever for Asura's Wrath to come down, and it was the EXACT same situation. Single-player Capcom game, released a relatively long time ago, with sales that just seemed absurd given the mean of the reviews and the amount of time that had passed since release. I just picked it up from Newegg for $14 a month ago. The MSRP will come down eventually, but the way in which it stays inflated for these particular games for so long really makes no sense.

SS4:AE took forever to drop too. I am just going to wait it out, though with my luck Best Buy won't drop the price until the @gamer coupon expires. Max Payne was going on sale everywhere for $30 and they didn't drop it the entire time they had the Max Payne 3 coupon.

Its not just the inflated price, its the DLC. Its got so much DLC that I can just forsee a version that has more stuff included.

That being said, if I could get it at $10 then I'd get it anyway.

However, if you've got any kind of a backlog I'd recommended just waiting it out at this price since the worst that will happen is no DLC content will ever be included but you end up with a much friendlier price than this.

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Its not just the inflated price, its the DLC. Its got so much DLC that I can just forsee a version that has more stuff included.

That being said, if I could get it at $10 then I'd get it anyway.

However, if you've got any kind of a backlog I'd recommended just waiting it out at this price since the worst that will happen is no DLC content will ever be included but you end up with a much friendlier price than this.[/QUOTE]
There is a lot of DLC..? Well this does change things. Waiting for "Gold" version!

Yeah, the DLC was the main reason I held off on buying Asura's Wrath. Seriously, paying $7 for the "true ending?"

Unfortunately, I just expect these things from Capcom now.

Price matched at Best Buy with 20 dollar of Gamers coupon for 10 bucks

The CSR was all ready to do it and couldnt get the coupon to work and started to say both the PM and coupon couldnt be used, I told him its worked before and he asked me if the coupon needed to be added manually and I said yes. After two manager overides I was a happy camper

[quote name='Diad']There is a lot of DLC..? Well this does change things. Waiting for "Gold" version![/QUOTE]

The DLC is garbage for this game, so you're not missing out.

[quote name='2&2']The DLC is garbage for this game, so you're not missing out.[/QUOTE]

I touched on these points on the Amazon Dragon's Dogma thread. The DLC right now is simply just fetch quests, and a couple new outfits.

The first REAL expansion is coming next year, Dark Arisen. For this reason alone I don't forsee a Gold Version.

30 dollars is more than worth it for a WRPG with fantastic combat, and epic Boss Battles, which makes it very memorable. Endgame especially is amazing.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Price matched at Best Buy with 20 dollar of Gamers coupon for 10 bucks

The CSR was all ready to do it and couldnt get the coupon to work and started to say both the PM and coupon couldnt be used, I told him its worked before and he asked me if the coupon needed to be added manually and I said yes. After two manager overides I was a happy camper[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if this was possible. I shall attempt it twice tomorrow! Thank you!

[quote name='thehoweller']I was wondering if this was possible. I shall attempt it twice tomorrow! Thank you![/QUOTE]

Didn't work...Got rejected twice. The first store outright told me they could do nothing, the second tried and gave up after price matching, then entering the coupon for no discount.

...here's to hoping they drop the price this coming week to $30I this magazine's worthless if I can't get a single decent game in 3 months.

PM'ed this at BB and used a $10 RZ cert. Tried the @Gamer coupon but they wouldn't let me stack them. No biggie. $20 out of pocket is fine by me. :)

I feel dirty. Picked this up at gamestop while out, figureing $30 was a great price.

Then the best buy price matching dawned on me.

Returned my copy back to gamestop, and went across the street to best buy.

Pricematched at BB, and they manually adjusted the gamer's mag coupon. I considered using a $10 reward zone coupon as well, buit they would have owed me $.01

I guess $10 for a $59 game is a good deal! Thanks to the OP for the head's up!

[quote name='Gareee']I feel dirty. Picked this up at gamestop while out, figureing $30 was a great price.

Then the best buy price matching dawned on me.

Returned my copy back to gamestop, and went across the street to best buy.

Pricematched at BB, and they manually adjusted the gamer's mag coupon. I considered using a $10 reward zone coupon as well, buit they would have owed me $.01

I guess $10 for a $59 game is a good deal! Thanks to the OP for the head's up![/QUOTE]

Congrats, enjoy the awesome game :D

Our backlog list if huge, which is why we hadn;t picked this up yet, but I'm sure it'll be in our top ten on that list now.

I think we have like 30 games now in our backlog pile. We won't need anything new for a year now!

I picked it up for 10 during Microsoft's Black Friday sale. Haven't opened it yet but I had been waiting on this awhile.

this game looks promising, but w/ my backlog of games by the time i actually get around to it there will be a gold edition on sale for = or lesser value!

bread's done
Back