Free 1 Year membership with ShopRunner

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#61 Wolfnix90

Wolfnix90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

thanks! i always use shoprunner when buying pc parts and games off newegg.

#62 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks for the tip though. I extended both my current and new accounts by 3 months.

#63 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

another year, hardly used it last year but why not

haha, i was thinking the same exact thing.

#64 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

haha, i was thinking the same exact thing.

I agree. Still, it's nice to have it in your back pocket for those occasional Newegg purchases.

#65 keine

keine

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

I don't believe anyone has mentioned this yet, but the free return shipping benefit is pretty sweet. I received at damaged collector's edition from Newegg a few weeks ago and had to pay over $5 just to send it back, so this year membership will come quite in handy. :D
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#66 DemonKysho

DemonKysho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Nevermind. I figured it out. Thanks for the tip though. I extended both my current and new accounts by 3 months.

Is it extended an extra year? or the three months.

Victory is not about winning battles, its about how long it takes for the person beating you to give up.

Let me induce some Audio/Visual Hallucinations.
Oh look those thought bubbles are back, hello yellow box word friends.
ach.png

#67 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Thanks going to try it out. Free never hurts.

#68 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

My last free year expires in like a week. Signed up a new account for another free year :D. Thanks OP

SteamWidget.PNG

#69 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

whats the catch

My thoughts exactly....

#70 DCpinoy

DCpinoy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

I agree. Still, it's nice to have it in your back pocket for those occasional Newegg purchases.

Yup and the occasional Domino's order.

#71 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

FYI you can renew your membership for another year by doing this:
1) Cancelling your account
2) Sign up using the same email as your old account

After doing that my previous order info was kept intact and I got a another year of membership for free.

Thanks, that's what I just did.

Edited by shrike4242, 19 December 2012 - 09:41 PM.

Posted Image

#72 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thanks op- I order from Newegg, TRU, Drugstore, and Petsmart all the time.

#73 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

Is it extended an extra year? or the three months.

3 months. However, based on what others have been saying, you can cancel with your current account, sign up for a new membership with your original email address (don't forget the RUNNER promo code) and use the Shoprunner Central trick to get another 3 months added to your new 12 month membership for a total of 15 free months.

I just tested it right now on my old account, and it worked. My old account has now been renewed for another 15 months, and I just cancelled the new account I made.

#74 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

TRU only allows it on certain things. I would from TRU... the occassional video game deal. Video games are never included for shoprunner.

Well said. The one place that makes GoHastings and Amazon's shipping charges look reasonable by comparison does not include video games as being shoprunner eligible. As far as video games goes, this deal is really only notable for Newegg, however...

To be honest, I felt like it was useless for Newegg for me, since just about everything I've ordered would have had free shipping anyways and the items didn't get to me any faster.

I agree with this sentiment too. I'm still going to renew for another free year, but Newegg's baseline free shipping is quick enough for me that if this offer didn't exist I'd be okay with it.

Thanks OP.

Edit: For those who are cancelling and then signing up for another year, I suggest you put down "Toys R Us does not allow video games and video game hardware to be eligible for Shoprunner." Maybe if enough of us send that, the people who run Shoprunner will pressure Toys R Us to change their policy.

Edited by Bosamba, 19 December 2012 - 08:52 PM.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#75 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Yup and the occasional Domino's order.

Mostly what I used it for was those Over Baked Sandwiches from there.

#76 KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thanks, got a free year last year, was worried I'd have to break down and buy a membership.

#77 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

For those who don't know about the ShopRunnerCentral trick, here are the instructions:

1. Sign in to your SR account.

2. Click on Benefits.

3. Go to Shopping Tools and click on the link that says "Sign up Today".

4. Activate ShopRunnerCentral using a Gmail or Yahoo email account. FYI, it doesn't have to be the same email account used to sign up for the ShopRunner account.

5. You'll get a confirmation email saying that your SRC account has been activated and that you've been given an extra 3 months on your membership. FYI, SR will scan your Gmail or Yahoo email for any SR transactions you've made.

6. Afterwards, you can cancel your SRC membership by following steps 2 and 3. However, this time you'll be given an option to cancel your SRC membership. Doing so won't take back the extra 3 months that was given to you as a result of signing up for SRC.

#78 MICHAE2414

MICHAE2414

We'll get there soon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Thanks OP, signed up and got my ShopRunner extended another 15 months.
Posted Image

#79 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Thanks, OP and others that posted the trick to cancel last year's freebie/$1 account. I've definitely hit this up more than once or twice.

#80 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

Thanks, OP and others that posted the trick to cancel last year's freebie/$1 account. I've definitely hit this up more than once or twice.

Yeah, I'm not sure how accurate SR's site is, but it says that I saved $80 in shipping costs over the past year.

#81 Gut

Gut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Thanks Op, signed up!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#82 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Cancelled and re-upped, worked like a charm.

Thanks for the heads up.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#83 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

How does it work? Do I have to shop through thier site?

#84 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

How does it work? Do I have to shop through thier site?

You don't ever have to log in to their site to use your SR membership. If a store has SR available for specific items, it will tell you and give you and opportunity to sign in to SR so that you can get your free 2 day shipping. You can see for yourself by going to sites like Newegg or Toys R us.

#85 Scholarly_Sam

Scholarly_Sam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

cancelled my previous free 12+3 month sub(which was going to expire in a few weeks and re-upped, thanks OP.

#86 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Awesome! thanks for the response.
Thumbs UP!!!

#87 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Awesome! thanks for the response.
Thumbs UP!!!

No problem. The only time you'll ever really need to log in the SR site is to check which sites actually allow you to use your SR membership. CAGs can certainly get some use out of using their SR membership at sites like Newegg and Radioshack. However, there are other stores that CAGs might be interested for non-gaming purposes...

#88 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

THANKS OP!!!! I passed up on the year for a dollar think a while back and suddenly started ordering a lot of dominos....

#89 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Cancel and resign-up gave me the year, thanks OP

#90 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

whats the catch

From the site when you use the code:

"As a Platinum Card® member from American Express, you are invited to enjoy all the
benefits of ShopRunner free for 1-year."

It doesn't require you to actually enter your cc information though. So um... yeah.
Posted Image