videogame capture device... which one do I buy?

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!
My son wants something that he can record wii u, Xbox 360, and maybe PC and later upload to youtube.

What does Amazon sell that meet his needs?

This is $149... anyone have any experience with it?

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition High Definition Game Capture Device with HDMI In and Out and Real Time Passthrough for Use with PC, Xbox 360 and PS3

[quote name='InvaderZim']My son wants something that he can record wii u, Xbox 360, and maybe PC and later upload to youtube.

What does Amazon sell that meet his needs?

This is $149... anyone have any experience with it?

Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition High Definition Game Capture Device with HDMI In and Out and Real Time Passthrough for Use with PC, Xbox 360 and PS3[/QUOTE]
I personally use Hauppauge 1445 HD-PVR Gaming Edition.
http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-144...-2&keywords=Hauppauge+HD+PVR+2+Gaming+Edition
Set up can be a bit confusing, but there are tutorials online. You would need lots of component cables, at least for me for all of my consoles. I haven't try out the software, since I own a mac, so I can't give my opinions about that.
It is a good hardware and I definitely recommend it. For the software, you can use it or you can find some other ones (I use eyeTv and iMovie to record and edit my videos).
I have a youtube channel in my signature. You can check out the quality on my Wii, PS3, xbox 360 play through. Currently, I'm using my iPhone 4S to record my 3DS game play because there's no other way to hook up to a device and record professionally, unless I want to cough up $350 for some hardware and void it's warranty.

I just got an Avermedia Game Capture HD.

Requires NO PC for capturing! Uses component cables though, and right now is only 129.99 at GameStop.com , cheapest you can find new. I got mine on eBay for 90 dollars but you probably will not find one that low (you are welcome to check).

The device requires a USB hard drive/thumb drive, or you can keep a sata hard drive installed. They just released a firmware update last month that even lets you capture in 1080p instead of 1080i, and along the lines they changed to mp4 video format instead of the AVI it originally captured in (also updated the USB compatibility since originally it wasn't compatible with every hard drive/thumb drive).

It is very easy to use I set it up in less then 10 mins. Only downside is that it doesn't use HDMI but not a complete loss. Worth 129.99 , better then the Hauppauge hands down.

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/avermedia-game-capture-hd/104692

I have been using the HD PVR 2, It is really easy to use with the Xbox 360 but may be a bit more difficult with the PS3 / Wii. Easy set up, easy to use. Here is a link to my channel if you want to see the quality of the film (make sure to turn the HD up). Any other questions ask. For PC I use HyperCam 2 (way easier then any capture device)

http://www.youtube.com/user/cakeandshadow

Again, the Avermedia Game Capture HD requires no pc to operate, if you want features like LIVE streaming the other options may be for you. Just thought I make that clear one last time before you jump in a loop of having to keep a computer close by your consoles.

bread's done
Back