AC III Limited Edition (X360) 69.99 @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#121 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Some guy walked in and bought the 3 ps3 copies at my store. I saw you ese. You will never find anything in this town again.

#122 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

I got one, a little dent in the box, but it's ok. Everything's perfect. Gonna sell off all the stuff except the statue. :)

#123 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

All the stores near me GONE!!! It's not online either, so I don't think you will see it cheaper! Due to the simply fact that it's becoming scarce.

And, I still need to find one! :(

#124 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

I'm sure most of you already know how to do this.

In case someone doesn't, here is a link to check stock status for the :ps3: version.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#125 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I went and got my store pick up 360 copy. Of course there is a sticker holding the ticket on it and when she tries remove the sticker half of it is left on the box as it rips in half. I will try to get it off but I am not sure. A little wear from a spider wrap and a small puncture type dent on the top. Decided to walk the floor since it is a BBY I had never been to. For sure a nice area this store sucked hard. Everything was out of place and the used section had numerous $19.99 value titles mixed in which is just a pain in the ass to sift through. To my surprise I find another 360 LE AC III sitting out. This one is on much better shape and I bought it also. Not sure what I will do yet but I have 60 days to decide.

Edit: I also find it funny the box is not sealed with a clear sticker. Both of these boxes are that way so I am assuming that is the case?

#126 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

I went and got my store pick up 360 copy. Of course there is a sticker holding the ticket on it and when she tries remove the sticker half of it is left on the box as it rips in half. I will try to get it off but I am not sure. A little wear from a spider wrap and a small puncture type dent on the top. Decided to walk the floor since it is a BBY I had never been to. For sure a nice area this store sucked hard. Everything was out of place and the used section had numerous $19.99 value titles mixed in which is just a pain in the ass to sift through. To my surprise I find another 360 LE AC III sitting out. This one is on much better shape and I bought it also. Not sure what I will do yet but I have 60 days to decide.

Edit: I also find it funny the box is not sealed with a clear sticker. Both of these boxes are that way so I am assuming that is the case?

I purchased 2 LEs. Neither one had a seal. One was purchased from Amazon & the other was purchased from BBY.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#127 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

I purchased 2 LEs. Neither one had a seal. One was purchased from Amazon & the other was purchased from BBY.

Ok cool. I was a little worried about open boxes and what not.

#128 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I have a same puncture type dent.

#129 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Is this only the case with Xbox 360 or BB versions? PS3 versions have a clear seal on the box.
GS version has it directly on the box( & not slipcover) while Amazon version goes from slipcover to the box.

#130 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

Is this only the case with Xbox 360 or BB versions? PS3 versions have a clear seal on the box.
GS version has it directly on the box( & not slipcover) while Amazon version goes from slipcover to the box.

Neither of mine from BBY had a clear seal on the box or the slipcover to the box. I am not sure if there is anything inside the box that is sealed up though.

#131 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:14 AM

Use a hair dryer to heat the stickers adhesive and it should peel right off. Patience with this as you dont want to damage the box.

bossslyfm2.jpg

GameTZ -- TGN -- Ebay

#132 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Use a hair dryer to heat the stickers adhesive and it should peel right off. Patience with this as you dont want to damage the box.

Hey Thanks. I will give that a try.

#133 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Neither of mine from BBY had a clear seal on the box or the slipcover to the box. I am not sure if there is anything inside the box that is sealed up though.

Mine had a circle seal on the box, not slipcover. It might actually be because my copy was a return copy and they sealed it up. It had a "Best Buy Inspected" sticker on it, so they might have sealed it for me. It had everything, so whatever.

#134 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Anyone try to PM this at target or any other retailers yet?

#135 daemissary

daemissary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

Is the online availability tracking on BestBuy.com usually accurate for limited editions like that? It says all of the stores in the Portland area are out.

I still need to use my spend $100 at Best Buy, get a $50 credit through the Halo AMEX offer so I might pick this up if I can find it.

#136 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

Anyone try to PM this at target or any other retailers yet?

Yes, I posted about PM at Target failing. They do not price match online anymore. It must be in the physical ad.

#137 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:50 AM

Yes, I posted about PM at Target failing. They do not price match online anymore. It must be in the physical ad.

Thanks buddy, save me some gas money there.

#138 griffinup

griffinup

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:12 AM

Is the online availability tracking on BestBuy.com usually accurate for limited editions like that? It says all of the stores in the Portland area are out.

I still need to use my spend $100 at Best Buy, get a $50 credit through the Halo AMEX offer so I might pick this up if I can find it.

If there are only 1 or 2 items in stock, BB's website will show it as unavailable. Your best bet is to either go in the store and check, or call and have the employee put it on hold for you.

#139 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

If you guys aren't finding them on the website or at your local store try asking customer service if they have them in their warehouse. Like I said in my previous post they were able to locate one and ship it to me.
Posted Image

#140 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

If you guys aren't finding them on the website or at your local store try asking customer service if they have them in their warehouse. Like I said in my previous post they were able to locate one and ship it to me.

I asked at my store earlier today. They said they don't have any in the warehouse for either console.

#141 jmel932

jmel932

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

I picked up the one I ordered at Best Buy today. Then thought I'd go over to Target to see if they'd price match it for me. The lady at customer service had to check with a manager but they let me buy one for the same price by showing them my Best Buy receipt :)

#142 Sean Price

Sean Price

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

Some guy walked in and bought the 3 ps3 copies at my store. I saw you ese. You will never find anything in this town again.

ese?

CALM IT DOWN there PILGRIM, ain't the whole point of this thread to spread the knowledge so we can buy these ALL UP?

And it was 4 not 3... 1 for me, 2 for my brothers, 1 each x2, 1 for my cousin in the Chi..

THiS is gonna be the BEST xmas EVER!!!

oNe

p.s. n Yo, I left AnOTHER 4 on the shelf, so plenty of op's for others..

We talking PS3 here and they were ALL in PERFECT condition, EXCEPT for the spider wrapped one.. and all ARE STILL SEALED, 2 clear circle stickers on the left and right top of box..

HAPPY HUNTING!

#143 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

ese?

CALM IT DOWN there PILGRIM, ain't the whole point of this thread to spread the knowledge so we can buy these ALL UP?

And it was 4 not 3... 1 for me, 2 for my brothers, 1 each x2, 1 for my cousin in the Chi..

THiS is gonna be the BEST xmas EVER!!!

oNe

p.s. n Yo, I left AnOTHER 4 on the shelf, so plenty of op's for others..

We talking PS3 here and they were ALL in PERFECT condition, EXCEPT for the spider wrapped one.. and all ARE STILL SEALED, 2 clear circle stickers on the left and right top of box..

HAPPY HUNTING!

Thanks for outing yourself, but you must not have been the guy I saw. The store had 3 ps3 and 1 xbox and the guy bought 3 ps3 to wipe the store out. He was wearing a white coat. I'll snap a pic next time. :lol:

#144 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:45 PM

ese?

HAPPY HUNTING!

This is pretty frustrating. Are these things supposed to be sealed or not?

#145 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

This is pretty frustrating. Are these things supposed to be sealed or not?

I'm pretty sure the box is sealed, but the acetate outer sleeve is not sealed to the box. So the slipcase is loose, but I believe the box is sealed. I am going from memory though.

#146 tubtub

tubtub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

The one I got has two stickers sealing the box on each side. The acetate sleeve is not stickered at all to the box.

#147 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm pretty sure the box is sealed, but the acetate outer sleeve is not sealed to the box. So the slipcase is loose, but I believe the box is sealed. I am going from memory though.

Yeah it seems that we are getting some who are saying they have sealed boxes and some saying they are not. The 2 360 copies I got were both unsealed. I will most likely open one anyway but the other might stay on a shelf so it would be good to know if there is really a seal otherwise I might just return it.

#148 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Could these seals be from the retailer for theft loss?

I am tempted to open them to be sure everything is inside actually.

#149 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:10 AM

Got the last 360 copy in OKC... I assume. Couldn't find them at a few best buys in the area, before finally giving up and reserving the last one for store pickup.

#150 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

Yeah it seems that we are getting some who are saying they have sealed boxes and some saying they are not. The 2 360 copies I got were both unsealed. I will most likely open one anyway but the other might stay on a shelf so it would be good to know if there is really a seal otherwise I might just return it.

The PS3 LE I got wasn't sealed. The gaming rep got it from the back since I didn't want the one on display and wrapped in the spider wire - this one was also unsealed). Also saw a lone 360 on display and, yep, you guessed it - unsealed.