Maldita Castilla - a love letter to Ghosts'n Goblins and '80s arcade platforms - FREE

"A love letter to..."
"Passionate, hand-knitted work of this indie developer."

It's like you made this thread JUST to troll me.

[quote name='Rsmobile']"A love letter to..."
"Passionate, hand-knitted work of this indie developer."

It's like you made this thread JUST to troll me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I sounded sarcastic, but I was just that happy to read of Maldita Castilla's release... I really think the game is a work of passion (as all other games made by Locomalito), plus I like to write in hyperbole sometimes :lol:

[quote name='Junpei']Sorry if I sounded sarcastic, but I was just that happy to read of Maldita Castilla's release... I really think the game is a work of passion (as all other games made by Locomalito), plus I like to write in hyperbole sometimes :lol:[/QUOTE]

Anyone who makes a great-looking game for free and asks for donations on the side is doing it out of passion, but dissecting the phrases the OP used to describe this is a little pathetic. So I'll just say thanks for posting about this game, OP. Downloading now.

Locomalito has been making great free retro games for years - also check out the rest of his games, esp. Hydorah. I'm surprised that some people hadn't heard of him - he's a bit of a "superstar" in the indie community.

This is a really great old school game. I already donated $5 to this dude but its worth more than that imho. Download it people!

I think it's really strange that no indie game bundle have ever featured his works, even as free extras on top of other games... these days, bundles are the best way to raise awareness about a developer's works, so he could get way more visibility than with word of mouth only...

Maybe some default contractual conditions prevent developers from being featured for free on bundles? Or maybe it's Locomalito himself that doesn't want this kind of involvement in the indie scene and wants to stick to his "freedom of publishing", as he states when talking about his philosophy... either way, I really hope that more and more people become conscious of his work and start to appreciate it as much as I do! :)

Thanks, OP. I had read about this games months ago and had wanted to try it. I had no idea it was releasing now. Love the retro look and feel.

Always loved Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ghouls 'n Ghosts and all the rest. Wish we'd get a new one on Xbox Live Arcade or something, but this looks awesome. Downloading now!

This is a really great old school game.
girl.jpg

beaty.jpg

I'm raising this old thread of mine from its grave just to inform you that the OST has been released, and you can grab it for free HERE!
You could also donate to the composer and get 8 bonus tracks... the choice's yours ;)

bread's done
Back