Photo
- - - - -

Preorder Fire Emblem: Awakening at GameStop, get an art book.

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#31 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Newegg would be best for sure but I can live with Gamestop if it comes to that. Fire Emblem is my favorite Nintendo franchise and I've heard this is one of the best games in the series so I can't wait.
76561197996844513.png

#32 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:14 AM

It doesn't say exclusive (they're usually quick to label it as such), so I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up on Amazon.

I don't know, Gamestop hasn't listed "exclusive" on a lot of physical bonus items recently and yet they were all exclusives. While it's possible other retailers may get it, I wouldn't hold my breath.

#33 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

You know what? Because I'm impatient and don't want to wait for shipping, I think I'm going to try to go to my local Gamestop before work tomorrow morning and try to trade in a few really cheap games I don't play for their Trade 3, get $10 extra promo they have going on, then preorder FE there instead. There'll be hell to pay if I don't get my art book when I pick it up, though.

...so I really wanna play this game the day it comes out, seeing as it's the reason I bought a 3DS in the first place (I've already mentioned how it's possibly my favorite video game series, right?). The reviews for it have all been pretty amazing so far, too, so I'm psyched. This'll be the first game I paid full MSRP for, and on release day, in almost a year.

Last time I did that was for the ME3 CE. Definitely learned my lesson after that.

#34 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

no 3ds for me.. the full japanese artbook is $50, gonna go with that instead.
wish i could play though
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#35 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

is this gamestop exclusive only?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#36 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

well if it's gamestop only i'm going to have to give them my money :/

#37 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

I went to a local gamestop on the 20th around 7pm to confirm there would be a pre-order bonus with them. When the associate looked, he told me the game couldn't even be put on pre-order yet and there was no bonus item info, he said not even luigis mansion could be pre-ordered. The only reason I'm inclined to believe him is because I never heard of a gamestop employee turning down a pre-order attempt.

Still I'm trying a different gamestop later today

#38 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I went to a local gamestop on the 20th around 7pm to confirm there would be a pre-order bonus with them. When the associate looked, he told me the game couldn't even be put on pre-order yet and there was no bonus item info, he said not even luigis mansion could be pre-ordered. The only reason I'm inclined to believe him is because I never heard of a gamestop employee turning down a pre-order attempt.

Why would you not be able to pre-order in store if you can do it online? Seems weird to me.

Still, this is GS we're talking about here. :lol:

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#39 Tom Ato

Tom Ato

Vine Ripened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

The only reason I'm inclined to believe him is because I never heard of a gamestop employee turning down a pre-order attempt.

That's how we know the world is truly ending.
Like video games and bad writing? Then buy my book! Only $.99 for kindle!

http://www.amazon.co...tmm_pap_title_0

#40 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Why would you not be able to pre-order in store if you can do it online? Seems weird to me.

Still, this is GS we're talking about here. :lol:

I remember Super Smash Bros Brawl was preorderable online a good year, if not longer, before it could be preordered in store.

#41 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

ya witcher 2 dark edition had open preorders online but i could never do it instore at gs... so i did it at bb.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#42 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Just preorder online and do store pick-up. That way the preorder bonus ships with your item to the store and it's already marked for you.

#43 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

Just preorder online and do store pick-up. That way the preorder bonus ships with your item to the store and it's already marked for you.

You have to be careful sometimes with that for physical preorder bonuses. I did the same thing for xenoblade chronicles back when it came out and they would not give me my artbook cause they only had enough for their instore preorders. I was like WTF? Luckily gamestop cs sent me a copy (and another one a couple of weeks later).

#44 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

art books dont really fetch much

still sitting on a

knights in nightmare book
and
Etrian Odyssey: Forests of Eternity Art Book Paperback from part 3 preorder
WOOOO I STINK

#45 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

still sitting on a

and

so what? not everything has to be sold.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#46 ithebigc

ithebigc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

still sitting on a

and

I don't think any of us that would preorder a game at full price was looking to sell this...this is arguably the best Fire Emblem to come out ever and the art looks great too, so for people that were going to buy it anyways Day 1, we might as well get the best deal, and so far, this seems to be it.

ithebigc.png

#47 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yeah, not everyone resells stuff slidecage, no reason to be a SDer :(

#48 Midori Monkey

Midori Monkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Thats really odd.. it was the 20th I ordered both EO IV and Fire Emblem at my local GS.
Posted Image

#49 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I was at a gs I don't go often back in mid-April where a mother and her kid where looking for skylanders. The mother preordered a bunch of 3ds games including Luigi's Mansion 2.

I guess the preorder pos varies for each store.

#50 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

I like tactical RPGs, but I've never played the Fire Emblem series. Can someone sell me on it? haha

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#51 AsobiSeksu

AsobiSeksu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Have you played Advance Wars? It's made by the same company, and the gameplay is very similar.

#52 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

I like tactical RPGs, but I've never played the Fire Emblem series. Can someone sell me on it? haha

One of the highlights of the Fire Emblem series imo is it's permadeath system. If your troops get slain in battle, they're gone forever. Really makes you act more carefully than in other SRPG's.

Gear is very important. Each weapon/item has a limited number of uses, and the better weapons generally have far fewer uses than the weaker items. An Iron Sword has 40 uses before it breaks, whereas a silver sword only has 20 uses.

Battles allow your character and the enemy character to exchange blows. Different stats affect the outcome of the battle. If your character's attack speed is high enough, he/she can attack twice during that battle. Before going into a battle it'll show you if you'll be attacking twice or not, as well as how much damage you'll do, the % chance of a critical, the accuracy of the attack, etc.. It also shows how much damage your opponent will do.

Very interesting battle system. Probably different from what you're used to playing, so it'll probably be a breath of fresh air for you. Give it a shot.
Posted Image

#53 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Called the Gamestops around me and none of them knew anything about the art book. They were taking preorders, at least, but I feel somewhat safer ordering online, so I guess that's what I'm gonna do now.

#54 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Yeah, not everyone resells stuff slidecage, no reason to be a SDer :(

Is "SDer" shorthand for 'SlickDealer'?

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#55 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

One of the highlights of the Fire Emblem series imo is it's permadeath system. If your troops get slain in battle, they're gone forever. Really makes you act more carefully than in other SRPG's.

I'm fairly positive that this one allows you to turn off permadeath, with no repercussions.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#56 krushnine

krushnine

snausages.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I'm fairly positive that this one allows you to turn off permadeath, with no repercussions.

This video review of the original Japanese version shows a casual mode that disables permadeath.

#57 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Is "SDer" shorthand for 'SlickDealer'?

yes

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#58 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:56 AM

Gear is very important. Each weapon/item has a limited number of uses, and the better weapons generally have far fewer uses than the weaker items. An Iron Sword has 40 uses before it breaks, whereas a silver sword only has 20 uses.

Battles allow your character and the enemy character to exchange blows. Different stats affect the outcome of the battle. If your character's attack speed is high enough, he/she can attack twice during that battle. Before going into a battle it'll show you if you'll be attacking twice or not, as well as how much damage you'll do, the % chance of a critical, the accuracy of the attack, etc.. It also shows how much damage your opponent will do.

Very interesting battle system. Probably different from what you're used to playing, so it'll probably be a breath of fresh air for you. Give it a shot.

Your first two paragraphs actually sold me on not getting into the series. Things like that just aren't friendly to the player and aren't fun. That sounds like the equivalent of Far Cry 2 where you could barely run 10 feet before succumbing to malaria, and your guns were constantly breaking. I have enough TRPGs to play, and these shall not be added to the list. Cheers! lol

Edited by Zaku77, 23 December 2012 - 08:10 AM.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#59 blcklblskt

blcklblskt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Your first two paragraphs actually sold me on not getting into the series. Things like that just aren't friendly to the player, and aren't fun. That sounds like the equivalent of Far Cry 2 where you could barely run 10 feet before succumbing to malaria, and your guns were constantly breaking. I have enough TRPGs to play, and these shall not be added to the list. Cheers! lol

Then you're going to be missing out on one of the greatest Tactical RPG series of all time.

I will definitely pick this up day one, but I'm hoping that Amazon will get the art book so I can use my credit.

#60 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

Regardless of how good the rest of it is, I don't think I would like it. Just those two things that he mentioned are more than enough to turn me off of ever playing one of these.