Are PSN Online Pass Codes Region Locked ?

smartbombUK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
As the title says. Im sourcing an online pass but need to know if the code in his US game will work with my EU copy before I go through with the sale. Sorry if this is a NUB question.

Thanks

I got DIRT 3 PAL edition. I entered the online pass code (UK) on my UK PSN ID. However, when I played the game on my US PSN ID it went online, no problems. Not sure if that answers your question. The codes are region locked it seems but once you download the actual online pass file it appears you can play on any of your PSN IDs...

Hmmm. As your code region matched your disc region, Im not sure. If no definite yes or no shows up then I might just take a punt and get it anyway and see what happens.
Thank you for your reply man :)

Online passes are DLC, so I'd guess that it needs to be redeemed with a PSN account from the same region as the game itself since DLC only works with games from the same region.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Online passes are DLC, so I'd guess that it needs to be redeemed with a PSN account from the same region as the game itself since DLC only works with games from the same region.[/QUOTE]

Sound logic. I'll confirm once and for all though when I buy the pass and test it.

Well it's conclusive, pass codes need to be from the same region as the disc. Cost me a few dollars to learn this but at least I got a definite answer.

bread's done
Back