Photo
- - - - -

Ever immediately regret a sale or wonder if you could have gotten more than offered?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, makes me even more sad. I think I only got around 500-600 for mine about 4 years ago :/

#32 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

The Dark Knight Rises Cowl Edition

I originally preordered one but because I couldn't wait for it to arrive I bought one at the store since I happened to be in around the release time that night. I had intended to return the other one but then I ventured here and saw the thread for it and what they were going for on eBay. I decided to wait it out figuring its value would probably go up over time since there were limited quantities but after 4 days of waiting and seeing the demand plummet depressingly I hurried to sell mine for almost half of what I could have got for it had I jumped the first day.

#33 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

Sigh I have an *almost purchase I didn't make that I'm now quickly regretting. The NECA Django Unchained action figures set. I just never buy crap like that but I saw the movie one day a week or two ago and went on Amazon and saw the figures and I was so close to buying them for some odd reason. Like I said it'd just be too odd for me to buy something like that and so I just didn't do it. They were I think $35 each.

Then I saw an article on IGN about a bunch of racism complaints about them. So I go back and I have them in my cart and in the end I still didn't buy any. I really should have went with my intuition and I didn't.

Now I read again today on IGN that the dolls are now being discontinued because of it. So of course the prices are sky rocketing on them. God dammit.

If you happen to have any or can somehow find them cheap, get them and hang onto them. Especially the Broomthilda and Django dolls I think it is. Any of them though I'm sure will be worth some money soon enough.

Edited by ShockandAww, 19 January 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#34 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Sigh I have an *almost purchase I didn't make that I'm now quickly regretting. The NECA Django Unchained action figures set. I just never buy crap like that but I saw the movie one day a week or two ago and went on Amazon and saw the figures and I was so close to buying them for some odd reason. Like I said it'd just be too odd for me to buy something like that and so I just didn't do it. They were I think $35 each.

Then I saw an article on IGN about a bunch of racism complaints about them. So I go back and I have them in my cart and in the end I still didn't buy any. I really should have went with my intuition and I didn't.

Now I read again today on IGN that the dolls are now being discontinued because of it. So of course the prices are sky rocketing on them. God dammit.

If you happen to have any or can somehow find them cheap, get them and hang onto them. Especially the Broomthilda and Django dolls I think it is. Any of them though I'm sure will be worth some money soon enough.

I read about this earlier, I wonder how many were sold before they were discontinued. Those dolls are going to be worth a lot, I bet the people who sold the whole set on ebay for less then $150 are pissed. :lol:

#35 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Yeah look at the prices for the sold ones even from a week or two ago to now. SSighhhh. I'm never letting this happen again. I hope. But yeah definitely glad I didn't buy them and sell immediately, I'd really be upset at myself. I see a collection just went for $1400. I imagine even that could end up being low for something like this.

Edit: I see on January 7th the same collection sold for $144. Ouch.

#36 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Of course you'll let it happen again. There's no way to predict how this sort of thing will play out.

#37 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'm sorta the other end, whenever I see a new auction with something I want I'll ask if they would add a buy it now, ud be suprised the deals u get, that are ALOT lower then the auction would of ended at. Recent example? For GC ALL CIB 2 viewtiful joes, Super mario sunshine, Mario kart DD, Sonic Mega Collection, SSBM. Purple GC + cords, memory card (looks to be 251 or 1019 block?) one controller, and a wavebird receiver too! Was a $30 starting price, they put a $50 BIN when I mssged. $10 shipping but STILL SOOO MANY ppl will let things go cheap!

#38 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:09 AM

I've done that too. Got a cherry CIB anniversary micro for 40 bucks that way :D

#39 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

This is the most depressing thing I've ever read in my entire life. I can't believe I missed out on this.

#40 Jnova80

Jnova80

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Not too big of a deal here, but I think I could have got a little more out of it. Recently I sold a complete, near mint copy of Project Justice on eBay for $55. Most sites have it listed as that but it sold only about an hour after I posted that I can't help but think that I should have upped the price on it a bit.

#41 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

All the time. Everytime I sold on Amazon or Ebay, it was snagged in a day. But like one other CAG said, it makes me feel better that someone got a good deal.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#42 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

I'm not sure if I should regret this or not later down the road, but I sold 5 Selling Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PS Vita) With Preorder Aksys Blue Watch for $65 each when I listed it for a day.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#43 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

I generally don't try to sell my stuff because I'm afraid of not getting enough for it. Once, when I was younger, I talked my parents into selling their collection of Atari games and consoles. Some dude walked out of our house with a 2600, 5200, two joysticks, and 40 games for $60. I also sold a sealed copy of .hack//GU Volume 3 for $10 on goozex and bought some shitty Gamecube games with the points back in the day...

I guess we all make mistakes. It's fine as long as it doesn't severely cripple you (someone keeping your stuff and getting a refund, for example). Just something to live through.
Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#44 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

This is the most depressing thing I've ever read in my entire life. I can't believe I missed out on this.

Well the lesson to me is that next time there's controversy over an item, stop thinking and just buy it. Absolute worst case I could have just returned the damn things or sold them at a slight loss.

Looks like prices peaked possibly. Complete sets of the 6 had sold for $5,000 in the last couple days.

A Broomhilda alone just sold for 2,300 haha.

#45 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

I recently traded Bully: Scholarship to Amazon for $5. I didn't realize it was worth anything. :(