$20 Spy Hunter(PS Vita) @ BestBuy(OOS online) Amazon Matched w/FSSS

[quote name='Enuf']NFS this is not but my lil cousins will enjoy the hell outta it since it'll be their 2nd vita hame total & they won't be getting any different vita games ftill their birthdays in the summer. $20 well spent.[/QUOTE]

Your cousins must have terrible taste. I bought this from Gamestop last week during the $20 sale and it is literally one of the worst games I have played in years and certainly the worst Vita game I own. The vehicle literally shutters and has frame rate drops constantly and the collision detection seems broken. There are many other great discounted Vita games without subjecting them to this garbage.

Wow, that looks terrible. Seriously, why did this need to be on Vita? Look at the video. That screams PSP/DS/iOS.

[quote name='bojay1997']Your cousins must have terrible taste. I bought this from Gamestop last week during the $20 sale and it is literally one of the worst games I have played in years and certainly the worst Vita game I own. The vehicle literally shutters and has frame rate drops constantly and the collision detection seems broken. There are many other great discounted Vita games without subjecting them to this garbage.[/QUOTE]Dude they're 4 & 7 yrs old & their moms generally get the movie games(the bad ones) so yeah they'll love it $20 well spent. There's always a market for these which is probably why BB is sold out LOL.
In no way am I folling myself to think this is game of the hour worthy for a reg. advanced gamer but I'm sure u know some kids that will play some of the wackest games for hours on end & love it to death. My lil cousins are these people.

[quote name='Enuf']Dude they're 4 & 7 yrs old & their moms generally get the movie games(the bad ones) so yeah they'll love it $20 well spent. There's always a market for these which is probably why BB is sold out LOL.
In no way am I folling myself to think this is game of the hour worthy for a reg. advanced gamer but I'm sure u know some kids that will play some of the wackest games for hours on end & love it to death. My lil cousins are these people.[/QUOTE]

I just don't think kids are dumb and considering how many other really good games for the Vita are now $20, recommending that anyone purchase this would be a huge mistake. I only picked it up because I have almost every Vita game with the exception of a few of the sports titles and I was a fan of the PS2 Spy Hunter game. This is really quite awful and downright unplayable.

[quote name='bojay1997']I just don't think kids are dumb and considering how many other really good games for the Vita are now $20, recommending that anyone purchase this would be a huge mistake. I only picked it up because I have almost every Vita game with the exception of a few of the sports titles and I was a fan of the PS2 Spy Hunter game. This is really quite awful and downright unplayable.[/QUOTE]I don't think they're dumb either but they're type of kids that remember the games from PS2 as well, love driving/shooting games & for whatever reason they get tons of enjoyment from games that we'd consider crappy.

I fully agree that a person thinking of buying the game should go into this with their eyes wide open & that's why I made sure to post the youtube stuff in the OP.

[quote name='bojay1997']Your cousins must have terrible taste. I bought this from Gamestop last week during the $20 sale and it is literally one of the worst games I have played in years and certainly the worst Vita game I own. The vehicle literally shutters and has frame rate drops constantly and the collision detection seems broken. There are many other great discounted Vita games without subjecting them to this garbage.[/QUOTE]

I've read conflicting things, and beaten it myself. The framerate issue didn't affect everyone to the same degree. I'm not excusing it since it obviously did affect your copy, but I personally only had it drop a significant amount (below 10-15 FPS or so) once or twice. Reviews seem to share the same sentiments. Some called it out for being constant and others only had issues a few times. Either way something went really wrong when (if) they tested things.

I had other strange glitches occur, though. One where I'd load the level and just be flying through endless blue hell...I had to play a different level before going back to get it to work right. I also had to reboot the game entirely because of a loading glitch around the same time. I'm still surprised I finished it having gone through those issues, but I knew it would be short enough and the gameplay was mild fun while it lasted (as a rental).

That's too bad. I have fond memories of playing the original Spy Hunter in the arcades. I don't ever recall reading about any good version on a console or portable. So much wasted potential.

bread's done
Back