The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
651 replies to this topic

#331 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

I had a pretty sweet find a week or two ago that I never got around to bragging about (or snapping pictures of):

$150 for an R2D2 Xbox 360 (320 GB) with 2 controllers (no 3PO, unfortunately) and:

Black Ops 2

Assassins Creed 3

GTA IV Complete

Arkham City GOTY

Gears of War Judgement

Gears of War 3

Halo 2

The guy didn't have a price on his listing so I texted $150 assuming it to be a total lowball, but he was fine with it. I kept the system and gears games, then traded in my old system (250GB slim) and the rest of the games for $260 after bonuses at Gamestop. Some decent profit to put towards next gen. Not to mention how freaking awesome the R2 system is.

kNcvatI.gif  344d2c4.jpg

#332 Allie015

Allie015

GamerMom

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

Had a CL trade today. Someone wanted to trade his stuff for a Different game system, he advertised for an xbox.
He had a gameboy with all the Pokemon gameboy games, red, blue, crystal, gold, silver ( no yellow, sadly) and trading card game plus link cables.

I had an extra limited edition pokemon DS lite that I picked up at a garage sale a couple weeks ago for $10. I offered that with a couple Star Wars DS games that none of my kids play and he took it.

Basically I got everything for $10, since that's what that DS cost me originally. I'm happy.

#333 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Well, today I probably missed out on the single best posting on my local craigslist in all the years I've been watching it.

http://longisland.cr...3917349347.html

Posted at 10:44, didn't see it til nearly 3 PM. Of course I sent an email anyway, but there's no way I'm getting a reply.

76561197996844513.png

#334 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:26 AM

Well, today I probably missed out on the single best posting on my local craigslist in all the years I've been watching it.

Posted at 10:44, didn't see it til nearly 3 PM. Of course I sent an email anyway, but there's no way I'm getting a reply.

Most likely that is a collector messing with people, but in the slight chance its not the new thing on Craigslist is all these people from Reddit that email and tell the person eBay prices on stuff to kill deals like this.

#335 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Yeah, you're probably right. I mean, the thought did occur to me but it's not much of a prank if so. It's baffling to think of some guy reading my "hey man I'm interested in these" email and getting any kind of worthwhile laughs out of it.  :???: But then people post ads for fake yard sales and shit all the time so who knows.

76561197996844513.png

#336 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

yeah, that's someone wasting your time. 

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#337 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

http://newyork.craig...3918576003.html

I'm interested in the Hori Tekken stick, since it's 20 and could be a cheap enough project if I swap out the PCB.  I could add Sanwa buttons but it looks like I'll have to file down the metal tabs,  But I'm not too sure about getting it. Hmm...

Batsugunner.png

#338 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:44 PM

I saw that ad minutes after posting, It was so cliche I didnt even bother trying to contact the person.

Right before that I picked up, a n64 and 37 games with some solid titles for 75 bucks, right in, levittown my own backyard. Otherwise, coming across a good deal on LI and NYC is rare for me now a days, i used to find good deals weekly.

#339 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

I saw that ad minutes after posting, It was so cliche I didnt even bother trying to contact the person.

Right before that I picked up, a n64 and 37 games with some solid titles for 75 bucks, right in, levittown my own backyard. Otherwise, coming across a good deal on LI and NYC is rare for me now a days, i used to find good deals weekly.

I also saw that sega saturn post hours later, never got a reply.  

And I agree that it's so hard to find a good deal on li and nyc craiglists these days, and if you do, they are gone real quick.

I used to get good deals weekly, now I'm lucky I make one good deal on their every couple of months

#340 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

http://newyork.craig...3918576003.html

I'm interested in the Hori Tekken stick, since it's 20 and could be a cheap enough project if I swap out the PCB.  I could add Sanwa buttons but it looks like I'll have to file down the metal tabs,  But I'm not too sure about getting it. Hmm...

That stick routinely sells for 20 these days for a reason.  Its incredibly tight spaced, making pcb swaps a pain.  Button swaps are not impossible but not pop in and swap.  The stick swap is insanely difficult.  Its best to use it as is for someone who doesnt know about fighters and get a real stick for yourself.  

#341 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, that's why I'm eyeing the $70 Soul Calibur ones on Amazon.

Batsugunner.png

#342 Allie015

Allie015

GamerMom

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Was sort of bummed after not finding anything while yard sale hunting, but this lot made up for it :-)

$75 for everything.

Nintendo NES System + 3 Controllers + Zapper Gun
Wooden Nintendo Cabinet (pretty cool, never seen one before)

RC Pro AM
Rad Racers
Bases loaded 1, 2 & 3 (with manuals)
Bases loaded 4 manual
Mario Bros duck hunt track meet
Track and field 2
Mario bros 2
Blades of steel (manual)
Ring king
MLB championship series
Fighting Golf (manual)
Top players tennis
Little league baseball (manual)
Little Nemo
Mike Tyson Punch Out
Isolated Warrior

N64 3 Controllers
DK 64
Paper Mario
Memory Card
Jumper Pack
Rumble Pack
Yoshi Story
8 Sports Games

On a side note, anyone know if a PSP 1000 screen would work in a PSP 2000? I picked up some broken ones for spare parts to fix a case on my PSP, and noticed the 2000 fires up, but the screen is bad, and the 1000 won't start up, but looks like the screen is fine.

#343 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

On a side note, anyone know if a PSP 1000 screen would work in a PSP 2000? I picked up some broken ones for spare parts to fix a case on my PSP, and noticed the 2000 fires up, but the screen is bad, and the 1000 won't start up, but looks like the screen is fine.

From what I can tell from a quick google search it might work. However the resolutions are different. Also looking at deal extreme, the dimensions are different between the 1000 and 2000 replacement screens.

1000 - http://dx.com/p/repl...-psp-1000-67676

2000 - http://dx.com/p/repl...slim-2000-12884

I would honestly just take the safe route and order a replacement 2000 screen.

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#344 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:04 PM

So I'm working on a deal to pick up a pretty large lot of games from a guy on Craigslist for $100. I'm estimating the lot is actually worth ~$400. I'm planning on keeping the stuff I don't have and selling the extras. Here is a list and I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow. I will update if I end up getting it.

Chrono Cross ps1

Breath of Fire 3 (disc only) ps1

Chronicles of the Sword ps1

Final Fantasy Origins ps1

Final Fantasy Tactics ps1

Final Fantasy Chronicles ps1

Final Fantasy Anthology ps1

FF VIII ps2

FF IX ps2

FFX ps2

FFX-2 ps2

Dirge of Cerberus ps2

FF12 ps2

DMC3 ps2

Inuyasha - Secret of the Cursed Mask ps2

RE4 ps2

Kingdom Hearts 1 ps2

Kingdom Hearts 2 ps2

Naruto - Ultimate Ninja ps2

Naruto - Uzimaki Chronicles ps2

YuGiOh - The Duelists of the Roses ps2

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 ps2

Dead Island Riptide ps3

MW2 ps3

Kingdoms of Amalur ps3

NFS Hot Pursuit ps3

Fallout NV ps3

Resistance 2 ps3

Warhawk ps3

Sonic Unleashed ps3

Dead Island Riptide ps3

FF13 ps3

FF13-2 ps3

Batman Arkham City ps3

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#345 paintballers

paintballers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

IMG_0171_zpsf36fd345.jpg

Got everything for $70.  Zelda was missing the manual and Resident Evil had a few scratches but everything worked flawlessly

#346 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

So I'm working on a deal to pick up a pretty large lot of games from a guy on Craigslist for $100. I'm estimating the lot is actually worth ~$400. I'm planning on keeping the stuff I don't have and selling the extras. Here is a list and I'm hoping to pick up tomorrow. I will update if I end up getting it.

Chrono Cross ps1

Breath of Fire 3 (disc only) ps1

Chronicles of the Sword ps1

Final Fantasy Origins ps1

Final Fantasy Tactics ps1

Final Fantasy Chronicles ps1

Final Fantasy Anthology ps1

FF VIII ps2

FF IX ps2

FFX ps2

FFX-2 ps2

Dirge of Cerberus ps2

FF12 ps2

DMC3 ps2

Inuyasha - Secret of the Cursed Mask ps2 - Wasn't included

RE4 ps2

Kingdom Hearts 1 ps2

Kingdom Hearts 2 ps2

Naruto - Ultimate Ninja ps2

Naruto - Uzimaki Chronicles ps2

YuGiOh - The Duelists of the Roses ps2

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 ps2

Dead Island Riptide ps3 Devil May Cry 4 (disc only) Typo in original post..

MW2 ps3

Kingdoms of Amalur ps3

NFS Hot Pursuit ps3

Fallout NV ps3

Resistance 2 ps3

Warhawk ps3

Sonic Unleashed ps3

Dead Island Riptide ps3

FF13 ps3

FF13-2 ps3

Batman Arkham City ps3

Ended up getting the lot today. Everything is in great shape and most have original art and manuals. I'm planning on keeping the majority of the PS1 stuff except for Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy Chronicles as I already have good copies of them. On the PS2 stuff I will keep everything in the second to last picture except DMC3. And on the PS3 stuff, I am selling/trading in all of it except the Final Fantasy games. I should get my money back + more and keep the stuff I want to have in my collection  :bouncy:

IMG_1696_zps738f7699.jpg

IMG_1697_zpsde8c9b13.jpg

IMG_1695_zps92a283f2.jpg

IMG_1694_zps9845375e.jpg

IMG_1693_zps507dc5ea.jpg

#347 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Picked up a big dot hack bundle.

Dot hack 1-4 disc only
Dot hack g.u. 1-3 1&2 complete, 3 missing manual
Dot hack sign DVDs
Dot hack roots DVDs
Dot hack legend of the twilight DVDs.

Paid $130. I'm gonna try to flip it quick on eBay.

#348 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Got a decent deal today

Logitech G700 mouse- $20

Logitech G35 headset-$25

A little disappointed because I didn't realize till after I bought the G35 that it doesn't do full surround on Macs -_________-

I wonder if I could somehow plug it into my creative sound blaster I use for my Macbook and PS3....

If not I'll just sell it on eBat

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#349 Evt

Evt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

not sure if applicable or not (please don't chastise me), but at GS I scored a 5th anniversary Oblivion just missing the slip cover and map for a whopping 9.00

#350 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

not sure if applicable or not (please don't chastise me), but at GS I scored a 5th anniversary Oblivion just missing the slip cover and map for a whopping 9.00

I think there used to be a Gamestop finds thread, but it got trolled and laughed out of existence.

#351 Allie015

Allie015

GamerMom

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

Anyone know anything about plush toys?
I bought a couple of games, banjo kazooie and animal crossing (gc) from a lady for $15 last week and she gave my son a stuffed banjo kazooie with it. Was trying to figure out if its worth anything, I've googled but can't find the one that looks like what we have. Banjo has a thumbs up pose on this plushie. Thought I'd check before I let my 6 yr old have it, he's kind of rough with stuffed animals.

#352 VideoGameCollector17

VideoGameCollector17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

So luckily after having a really horrible week, and with the good people of CL. I managed to pick up some amazing deals.
Today I purchased 29 PS2 games, a blue DS3 controller, and GTA IV: Liberty City Stories all for $40
PS2 games are (All Complete and flawless)
Dot Hack G.U. Vol 1,2&3
Burnout Revenge
DMC 3: Dante's Awakening
DBZ Budokai 3
Full Metal Alchemist 2
Genji: Dawn of Samuari
God of War
GTA: San Andreas
Hot Wheels: Stunt Tracks
Jak & Daxter: The Prosecuor Legacy
Jak 2&3
Jak X: Combat racing
Kingdom Hearts 2
Narurto Ultimate Ninja 2&3
Narurto: Uzumaki Chronicles
Onmushai 1&2
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando & Up your arsenal
Samuari Legend
SSX on Tour
Star Ocean: Till End of Time
Transformers & Viewtful Joe

Then for $40 I picked up a Game Boy Advance SP (missing charger)
Came with:
Pokemon Fire Red
Mario Party Advance
F-Zero
Yu-Gi-oh: Eternal Duelist Soul
Yu-Gi-Oh Dark Duel Stories
Top Gear Rally
Star Wars 2
FIFA 13 & Dead Rising 2 (360)

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#353 Lord Darias

Lord Darias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

I just picked up Nascar 2011 and WWE 13 for Xbox 360 for $20...Flipped Nascar 2011 to Gamestop for $19.20 with the 50% and 10% PUR bonuses so WWE 13 was basically less than $1...

#354 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Bought a Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 for $60. It was used quite a bit, but a Lysol wipe and a few paper towels made it good as new. Having some fun with it and I hope to upgrade it to a PS360+ one day.

I could've gotten a Street Fighter X Tekken stick for $40, but it was quite far away from where I live AND it was missing the backplate.  It would've been good for stock parts, but in the end I decided against it.

Batsugunner.png

#355 ChuckT

ChuckT

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Here are my latest online finds:

9382448224_270a283cf0.jpg

NES Lot w/6 games, Game Genie - $40  - A bit more than I would usually spend, but both consoles work, and all the hookups were included. I really only wanted the lot for the Star Trek game, but the other items should ensure a small profit once I clean 'em up. 

9382448488_d6c7b6a2ce.jpg

NES w/2 games, plus Soul Calibur III - FREE - Noticed someone posted about cleaning out a house, and threw them a note about looking for video games. After a couple of messages back and forth, they dropped these items off at my work. Just wanted them out of the house. Score. 

#356 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 July 2013 - 03:53 AM

I haven't bothered posting too much on here recently, but here are a few things I've gotten recently.

For $70

SNES and NES w/ bunch of games

Some of the highlights were Paperboy NES, Ninja Gaiden 2, Castlevania, SMB3, SMB2, Mega Man Soccer, Mario All-Stars/Mario World, Tetris/Dr. Mario, Tiny Toons, and a few more

For $10

Some NES games including Mario 3, Rad Racer, Karnov, Dracula's Curse, Dragon Warrior, and a few more commons

Guy then wanted to know if I wanted like 15 Xbox games. I wasn't really feeling it in general and he was just how about just like $5 for them, so I said okay

Games included Fable, Outrun 2, X-men Legends, Enter the Matrix, and a bunch more of common stuff

For $65

A bunch of sealed action figures. Including Kiss, Beavis & Butthead, Movie Monsters, and specifically 2 Zelda Ocarina of Time sets. I was planning on keeping the Zelda ones - but if I do sell them I think I'd be able to get like $140 for them

$35

Gamecube games - Pikmin 2, Monkey Ball, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Starfox and a few more.

I would've had a bunch more pick ups but people have flaked out on me. Oh well.

#357 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

No games, but I snagged $600 of camera gear for $100 today, including a 28mm f/1.8 lens in great shape.

#358 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:49 AM

Been a while

Today picked up a wiii/gamecube bundle from a moving college student

BC wii with 2 motes/nuns

3 dance pads

3 GC controllers (2 1st party)

2 GC Memory Cards

GC mic

4 wii games

- 2 DDRs

- Rune Factory

- Tales of Symphonia

40 GC games

- SSBB with case (already sold for $25 with an extra GC)

- Zelda Wind complete

- Sonic Mega Collection with case

- Lord of the Rings 3rd Age complete

- Metroid Prime complete

the rest are disc only

- Super Mario Strikers

- Mario Dance

- Turok

- Spyhunter

- Zelda Ocarina

- Zelda Collector's

- Tales of Symphonia (actually have the case for this! from a buy last year)

- another Metroid Prime

- Mario Sunshine

- Batein Kaitos

- Super Monkeyball 2

- Gameboy player disc!

- R Racing

- Super Monkeyball

- Blowout

- XIII

- Mario Kart

- F Zero ZX

- Mario Party 4

- Burnout

- Worms 3D

- Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

- FF CrystalC

- Beyond Good Evil

- Need for Speed 2

- Time Splitters 2

- Metroid Prime Echos

- PN 03

- Mario Tennis

- Spynx

- Need for Speed Underground 2

(not really 40 as he just counted the discs)

all for $120 while not great, still pretty damn good!

"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#359 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Yesterday, I got Tales of Symphonia (GC), Gran Turismo 3 (A-spec) and 4, GTA: Vice City, and Metal Gear Solid: Sons of Liberty.

For $12.

Now I have to figure out the best way to flip them.

#360 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Well, I almost scored Suikoden 1 & 2, Ogre Battle, and Tactics Ogre PS1 for $160.

Then another buyer offered him $200, so I offered him the same and peace of mind that I would put it in my collection. He told me he would sell it to me. Then, as I expected, the other buyer offered him $210. I gave up. Kind of frustrating really.

I understand him wanting to take more but telling me he will sell it to me and then going back on it kind of sucks. Anyway, there's always next time! Rant over lol.