• Please log in to reply
661 replies to this topic

#91 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Posted Image
Not my pic, but I picked up one of these off CL yesterday for $10. They were a preorder bonus for Mirrors Edge, I think. I bike everywhere, so I have to carry packages to be shipped, need to bring pick-ups home, ect, so I'm a sucker for any cool backpacks or messenger bags. The one from the Infamous 2 CE is annoyingly tiny, too small for me even to strap on, but this thing is enormous.

Nice pick up. Those suckers go for a pretty penny on ebay. I use mine almost everyday and is still in tip top shape.

#92 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

A few bundles from the same guy. Sorry no pics.
First one was a working SNES with 2 controllers, original AC adapter, AV cords. FF3, civilization, and about $60 worth of other various games for nes / snes / n64. Paid $60 total

Next one I got:
battletank global assault, army men sarges heros, star wars shadow of empire, hexen, turok 1, 2, 3, doom64, duke nukem zero hour, quake 2, resident evil 2, and gauntlet legends. Paid $35 for all.

I bought both of these going in blind. Second bundle isnt so great, but I was already there and knew I could make money.

#93 BHitmanW20

BHitmanW20

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

Picked up the following lot recently for $150

Posted Image

Highlights include (all CIB):

DKC 1-3
LoZ LttP
Zombies Ate my Neighbors
Mr Do!
Aero the Acrobat 2

Unfortunately the AC adaptor didn't work and the only controller included was a 3rd party controller with the worst wire I've ever seen. To make up for the AC adaptor the seller sent me the following:

Super Mario 64 w/ manual
Donkey Kong 64 w/ manual
Zelda Ocarina of Time w/ manual
Zelda Majoras Mask CIB

Plus strategy guides for both Zeldas and Donkey Kong

Other recent finds:

-CIB NES Action set + 10 boxed games (including SMB2, SMB3, and Contra), a boxed NES Max controller, and a case that holds 15 games all for $50

-N64 system w/ 7 controllers (5 first party) and 16 games (including DK64, both Zeldas, SSB, Pokemon Stadium, and Banjo Kazooie) for $60

-SNES console w/ AV cable and 3 games (including TMNT4) for $10

Edited by BHitmanW20, 14 March 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#94 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

I picked up a slim Playstation 3 with 3 Dual Shock 3 controllers, 1 Sixaxis controller, remote, and these games:

Madden 13
Madden 12
Madden 11
Fifa 11 (Gets $5 on Amazon trade in!)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Modern Warfare 3
Uncharted

$180

I was considering upgrading my 80GB fatty already so this helped push me.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#95 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

First gen Xbox 360 (no HMDI) in working condition with one controller and the wireless adapter for $50. Doesn't appear to have any dead roaches inside :lol:
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#96 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Managed to get a pretty good deal yesterday. Rockband 3 disc only, Rockband wired drumset, Rockband Wireless Stratocaster Guitar, and wireless guitar dongle. $35 cash

The game alone sells for $40-$55 on ebay.

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#97 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

LOL so along with all that Zune stuff I posted a few days ago, today I traded my $10 PS2 slim with one controller and one game for a Zune HD 16GB player!!!! The HD one is so awesome, definitely keeping it.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#98 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:07 AM

Contacted a guy yesterday about a Dreamcast with 14 games (MvC1 and 2, Power Stone, Sonic Adv, Shemune) for $60. At first I was the only one interested in the package. Before we could meet up, someone must have told him the games are worth more than that. He said he will piece it out, or sell to the highest bidder, currently at $80. I said I'll pay your original $60.

I'm tired of people like this on Craigslist. Everytime.

Some people will try to pull bait and switch too; often the best thing you can do is express your disinterest and walk away when they try and pull that crap.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#99 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Found a rare prototype Xbox controller. It's a prototype of the Duke controller, called the Dakota.
Posted Image

Edited by Danil ACE, 21 March 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#100 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Not a bad find at all...

Edited by Danil ACE, 01 May 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#101 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

^ How much for those?

#102 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

^ How much for those?

Many hours of searching but I managed to snag both for a grand total of $150.

#103 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Anyone else notice there's now a second active Craigslist post? I just posted in the other one but this seems to be the active one so copying my post over:

"Just had a pretty good score:
Spoiler

Bioshock 2, Arkham Asylum GOTY, Arkham City, Black Ops II, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Portal 2, God of War Collection, God of War Origins Collection, Uncharted 2 GOTY, Uncharted 3, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Rage, Tekken Hybrid, Sly Collection, Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed Revelations, LA Noire, Midnight Club LA Complete, Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3 GOTY, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 3, Skate 3, Jak and Daxter Collection and Assassin's Creed III.

All complete and mint except for Assassin's Creed III. The lot was $200."

#104 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

Found a rare prototype Xbox controller. It's a prototype of the Duke controller, called the Dakota.
Posted Image

I didn't even know those existed, how much do they go for? Can't seem to find anything on eBay

#105 Andami

Andami

Buy Because it's on Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I didn't even know those existed, how much do they go for? Can't seem to find anything on eBay

$22.50 if you include shipping ;)

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4aaa414d66

#106 Namurashi

Namurashi

I am Galstaff, Sorceror of Light!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

I can never find anything on Craigslist as everyone in my area seems to list things so high, and whenever I post something for sale I get lowballed like Hell. I'm doing something wrong. D:

#107 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:58 AM

Maybe it's just me but that Dakota controller reminds me of the Dreamcast controller.

#108 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:30 AM

That's a good deal. Even ones that are missing the breakaway cord tend to go for more. The ones complete with the breakaway cord and in good condition are worth a lot more because the retail breakaway cords don't work with the Dakota controllers.

#109 Sivarticus

Sivarticus

Kentucky Fried Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

To be fair, that listing ended almost 2 years ago. Might be worth a little bit more now, but ya never know!

#110 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'm glad you guys are interested in the controller, but the xboxes in the photo are far more interesting. ;) Just the clear one is worth about $400 right now and the green one is around $200, so getting them both for just $150 was a great deal.

Check out this YouTube video that some guy recorded about his. Lots of info if you can tolerate the boring bits.

#111 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'm glad you guys are interested in the controller, but the xboxes in the photo are far more interesting. ;) Just the clear one is worth about $400 right now and the green one is around $200, so getting them both for just $150 was a great deal.

Check out this YouTube video that some guy recorded about his. Lots of info if you can tolerate the boring bits.

Yeah i've been searching for those as well, for a reasonable price. Just never knew about the controller :lol: Nice finds.

#112 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Yeah i've been searching for those as well, for a reasonable price. Just never knew about the controller :lol: Nice finds.

Maybe this guy is still selling his?
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318194

I actually gave up looking for the dev because of how rare they are, and was only looking for a debug when I came across a guy with both of them!

#113 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

I think that it's a bit confusing to have two Craigslist threads open. Perhaps the other one should be locked.

#114 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Anyone ever had any luck buying gift cards on CL? Trying to figure out the best way to go about it.

Only reason I ask is a person is selling a Best Buy gc for $75 obo (worth $108). Thinking I could go $65 since it's been up a few days and their ad stated that they "need money".

Edited by Coper3000, 25 March 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#115 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I would only do it if they met you at the store and stayed until you completed your purchase.

Otherwise, I'd assume it was a scam (sell you the card, immediately use it on an online order, pocket your cash and you're left with nothing).
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#116 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:08 AM

Well I just had a decent find yesterday. But also a really terrible CL experience. Creeped me out actually.

$70 for gamecube bundle with 2 official controllers and a gamestop brand wavebird, and offbrand memory card.
Included luigis mansion, smash bros, digimon world 4, zoids battle legends, paper mario, and a trash game.

Asked him on the phone if he had any other old games looking to sell, he brought a N64 with about 12 games and 2 controllers.
I picked out smash bros, bomberman 64, pokemon snap, and mario party 1. Along with both controllers and offered $20 and he took it immediately.

Now as for the creepiness. Was meeting in a parking lot by a petsmart. Guys showed up 20 minutes late, I was actually driving away as they called to tell me they were there.

Got there and they said they would just look for me, I told em what I looked like and my car.

Two guys approached me asking if I was looking for any stuff.. lol. I just said "No im not."
Then they said, oh what about like game stuff, for craigslist?

So then they say, okay let me see the money..lol. "No you guys are making me uncomfortable." I was thinking about just leaving.
Then they said something like well Im not showing you the games until I see the money. So then I just started walking away to my car to leave.

They say okay fine, go over there and well show you. And they pointed off.. lol. "where do you want me to go?" then they pointed again and it was a car parked 30 feet away. But under a light.

So i went over, they brought out the games, etc. They didnt bring any bags (hate that) so they helped me take stuff to my car. I had to watch them, I kept looking back.

Then they get to my car and say wow your car is really clean. Sounds like a line someone says before they rob you or something. Two guys, one kid about my age and an older guy who looked like a tweaker. They were both smoking the entire time too.

So basically creeped me out the entire time, thought of just leaving a few times but it was a good buy.

Craigslist sucks. Ive never had something like that happen before though, but now Im going to want to have someone else with me when im meeting at night.

#117 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

Well I just had a decent find yesterday. But also a really terrible CL experience. Creeped me out actually.

$70 for gamecube bundle with 2 official controllers and a gamestop brand wavebird, and offbrand memory card.
Included luigis mansion, smash bros, digimon world 4, zoids battle legends, paper mario, and a trash game.

Asked him on the phone if he had any other old games looking to sell, he brought a N64 with about 12 games and 2 controllers.
I picked out smash bros, bomberman 64, pokemon snap, and mario party 1. Along with both controllers and offered $20 and he took it immediately.

Now as for the creepiness. Was meeting in a parking lot by a petsmart. Guys showed up 20 minutes late, I was actually driving away as they called to tell me they were there.

Got there and they said they would just look for me, I told em what I looked like and my car.

Two guys approached me asking if I was looking for any stuff.. lol. I just said "No im not."

So then they say, okay let me see the money..lol. "No you guys are making me uncomfortable." I was thinking about just leaving.
Then they said something like well Im not showing you the games until I see the money. So then I just started walking away to my car to leave.

They say okay fine, go over there and well show you. And they pointed off.. lol. "where do you want me to go?" then they pointed again and it was a car parked 30 feet away. But under a light.

So i went over, they brought out the games, etc. They didnt bring any bags (hate that) so they helped me take stuff to my car. I had to watch them, I kept looking back.

Then they get to my car and say wow your car is really clean. Sounds like a line someone says before they rob you or something. Two guys, one kid about my age and an older guy who looked like a tweaker. They were both smoking the entire time too.

So basically creeped me out the entire time, thought of just leaving a few times but it was a good buy.

Craigslist sucks. Ive never had something like that happen before though, but now Im going to want to have someone else with me when im meeting at night.

Thats crazy. maybe they felt the same? U should done it with another person with u. lucky everything was alright.

#118 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

I ALWAYS have someone with me when I pick up stuff at night.

#119 evuong

evuong

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:05 PM

Sounds like you guys were just making it awkward for each other lol. I try and always pick stuff up during the day times, for CL, but some of the best deals happen at night. Nice pick ups

#120 kobun

kobun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

Its been a while since i found something decent on craigslist.
Spoiler

110 for all