Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

The Official Craigslist Finds Thread Vol. 2

• Please log in to reply
650 replies to this topic

#181 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

lol, i don't have no damn receipts! dood is getting married this weekend, and was big into re-selling he said. some of the other stuff he had was simply awesome. NES Super Mario 3 SystemCIB, like new for 60. A bunch of NES CIB (double dragon 3 caught my eye) as well.

that's awesome...i hope to find one of these situations one of these days!

Made another pretty good deal yesterday. Here's the backstory. Was planning on going to the flea market in Middleburg, PA yesterday morning. Got up around 7 and decided to check craigslist. Lo and behold, there was a guy in Middleburg selling a N64 & SNES bundle. It looked pretty good, so I emailed him with an offer of $200 for everything. I didn't think I'd get it that cheap, but just wanted to start communication basically. Figured if there's nothing at this flea market, might as well make the trip worthwhile at least. He emailed me back, said a woman offered $200 for just the SNES stuff. So I said, I'm in Middleburg right now let's do $260 for everything, you don't have to travel or anything would you do that? He said $300, we haggled and eventually ended up at $275. Then he called me and said he also has Super Smash Bros. that he forgot to list and he'd throw it in for $285 total. I agreed to the deal. So, here's what I got:

Spoiler

So do you guys think I got a good deal? I think I did, but for some reason after almost every deal I always feel like I might've overpaid lol. BTW, the flea market sucked. Hardly any vendors, mostly amish people with food. Only thing I picked up was Dig Dug II on NES for $1, but I won't bother posting that in the Flea Market Thread.

Also, awesome pick-up kermit036! That's a great lot, I would've jumped on that one as well. Good job.

Looks like a great deal. A lot of those games are worth $30, $40, $50 (SMRPG), namely the first party games. CIB DKC3 has to be pretty valuable.

I would go for it if I saw it. Buying those SNES games individually would be well over $275, given how stupid the SNES market has gotten.

#182 mdc921

mdc921

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

Real or scam??

http://tricities.cra...3778232859.html

#183 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Stoppage Time GOOOOAAALL!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

Real or scam??

if its real, that guys son is gonna be PISSED:hot:

make 'em an offer

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#184 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, I'd be throwing an offer out there ASAP. One positive is he at least provided pics. About a month ago I bought a huge lot somewhat similar to this, was easily worth $2000+ and I paid $1100 for it, so it is very possible you could get a good deal. Go for it!

#185 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

it looks like a collector trying to have some fun with the lowballers in his area.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#186 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

Could be, but at least it's not as bad as the people who list something like, "found these random games, asking $5 each" and it's almost nothing but huge titles.

If you message the guy and he actually responds back, at least try to get him to give you a ballpark price of what he's looking to get for everything. Just curious. Keep us updated and good luck if you take a stab at it!

#187 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:26 AM

its tough to get in on those. There was a pretty awesome ad that went up an hour and a half ago that I emailed the person about. Their inbox is gonna be exploded by the time they check it, which means they'll be tipped off and no score for me :(

i will be here to brag if I do get it, or i'll post what it was if I don't tomorrow

#188 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

^Good luck, be looking forward to seeing what it is and hope you snag it. I love seeing good deals that people get. Makes me envious as hell sometimes, but still good to see.

#189 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

http://inlandempire....3778917487.html

Does anyone know what's up with this ad? They price and method of payment are super fishy. Unlike other scams however, the wording and grammar appear legit. Has anyone else run into something similar? Thanks.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#190 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:06 AM

http://inlandempire....3778917487.html

Does anyone know what's up with this ad? They price and method of payment are super fishy. Unlike other scams however, the wording and grammar appear legit. Has anyone else run into something similar? Thanks.

Thats a scam if ive ever seen one. If hes not interested in meeting locally, he can sell on ebay.

#191 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

^Good luck, be looking forward to seeing what it is and hope you snag it. I love seeing good deals that people get. Makes me envious as hell sometimes, but still good to see.

Didn't get it. I got to them first, we arranged a meeting, then I got the dreaded email-- someone else offered them more and the seller wanted to start a bidding war...the other guy pushed it up to $190. I don't have time to bid against some troglodyte ebayer.

It would've been $140 for:
--A nice looking SNES
--Speedy Gonzalez SNES
--Mario All-Stars
--Mario RPG
--Super Metroid

annnnnnndddddddd Final Fight Guy :hot:

I emailed back, said I didn't want to be in a bidding war and told the person exactly how much the games are worth. super cock block :lol:

Would've been nice to own all that though. I genuinely wanted to play the 1st party games and own a SNES so I could start collecting. FFGuy would've been a perfect centerpiece.

Oh well, it's a terrible time to collect SNES anyhow, so I'd end up overpaying for a lot of games.

edit: and they're response? Not even a "thanks." well, i guess i was technically gonna rip them off too :lol:

Edited by Seraphinianus, 02 May 2013 - 06:04 PM.

#192 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

Mannnn, that would've been an awesome deal. I haven't been dealing on craigslist for too long, but the bidding war thing hasn't happened to me yet. I can't believe someone would do that! Set a price, a meeting and everything then back out. I just couldn't do that to someone, but that's just me I guess.

Well, hopefully the new buyer has to pay out the ass now at least, since the seller is a little more well informed lol.

#193 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

WHOA, so as part of the email where I told them what it was worth, I told them I'd give them $250 tops as a last ditch attempt. They said they liked my honesty and that they just want to sell the thing, so they took it. Still about 5 hours till we're supposed to meet up, so anything could happen, but I'm back in there :)

I'll post pics if it works out.

#194 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

Wow, that's pretty crazy man, hope they keep their word this time for ya lol. $250 is still a really good deal, since Guy alone I think is usually in the $150 range, even more sometimes. I just sold one a few weeks ago for $160 but I did see a cart only go for like $230 as well, so you never know. Like I said, still a very good deal and looking forward to the pics.

#195 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

yeah, the variance is a bit crazy on that one. cart only is like $175 to $240 for the last bunch of cart only auctions. I really hate the SNES market right now.

I'll probably stick to playing this batch of games for a year before I start buying again, hopefully things will level out. Now PS1...that's a fun system to collect :)

#196 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

uh...the address they gave is in a remote area and a bit sketchy neighborhood. I'm out, i don't even risk it a little on CL. nm, sorry for the rollercoaster :lol:

#197 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, I don't blame you. I always make sure to meet up at like a Wal-Mart or something, somewhere public. Can't trust a lot of people out there, that's for sure.

So, I spoke too soon about nothing going wrong through Craigslist and only meeting fine, upstanding citizens. Here's my story:

Was in talks with a guy from Wilkes-Barre, PA for an assortment of games. WB is about a little over an hour away from me, so pretty decent drive, wanna make sure the trip is worth it. At first we were gonna meet half way, but in the end I agreed to come all the way for a cheaper price and he accepted. So, for $150 I received:

- Mega Man 3 & Zelda II: Adventures Of Link (NES) (cart & dust sleeve)

- Zelda Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina Of Time/Master Quest, Mega Man X Collection, Mega Man X Command Mission, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door & Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube) (all complete except X Collection, missing manual)

- .hack//Outbreak Part 3 (PS2, complete)

Very good deal, I thought, and everything is in great shape. In fact, the guy was even willing to show up a little earlier than planned, since I got there early. Now, here's where shit goes south. After I made this deal, which was on Tuesday or Wednesday, I figured I should keep an eye on more deals on the Scranton craigslist. Figured, might as well make the most of this trip and set up a few deals if possible. Got in touch with a guy selling 2 NES consoles, with a total of 17 games, hookups for both consoles, zapper, power pad, cleaner. He had it split into 2 bundles, 65 each. But I talked him down to everything for $100. Was looking pretty good....

We agree to meet at 9:30, before I was to meet the other guy. I was 20 minutes away, gave him a call, no answer, left a message. Got to the meeting spot, gave him a call, no answer, left a message. So I text the other guy, met him and got the deal done, and then the NES guy gives me a text, "sry available now". I said, ok, no problem, I'll be there. He says, ok I'm in a black mustang. I'm thinking, oh ok, big shot I guess. Wait there a minute, in comes an old rusted out black mustang. Me and my brother look at each other like, oh boy. The guy gets out and let's just say, he's not a good model of hygiene. So right away he says, "Hey I'm really sorry man, I had my 7 kids last night and was up til 3:30!" I'm just like, jesus man are you kidding me right now. So he hands me a box, I skim through there's about 7 games, power pad, system, controllers & hookups. Then he hands me a bag and says yeah here man, here's the rest. So, stupidly, I just take the box and bag, give him the bread and he drives away. I decide to open the bag and go through it. There's no gun, 6 games (so only a total of 13 games), some of the ones I got he didn't even have pictured! So I called him back right away, he says so sorry thought everything was there, I ask if he can come back with the games and gun, so he says I'll call you back. He did end up texting me, but of course said he couldn't find the stuff. At that point, I'm just like, screw it I'm going home. Get home and go through it even further and notice there's only 1 set of hookups lol. Icing on the cake. Also, most of this stuff could definitely use some tlc.

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to share my story. I just trust people way too much I guess.

tl;dr When buying off of craigslist, check your shit before you or him leave!

BTW, here's what was in the bundle:
- 2 NES consoles w/ 1 adapter & RF switch
- Power Pad w/ booklet
- 5 Controllers (4 Nintendo, 1 3rd Party)
- NES Cleaner
- Castlevania, Bionic Commando, Duck Tales, Super Mario Bros. 3 (X2), Mickey Mouscapade, Tetris, Hogan's Alley, Top Gun, California Games, Win Lose & Draw, Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, Mario Bros./Duck Hunt, World Class Track Meet

#198 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

The first deal is pretty good!

The second deal ended up being a bit overpriced, but not completely terrible. You can always fix up the NES systems. It's good you had someone with you though, that dude sounds sketchy.

yeah, i looked up the address yesterday and it was at a gas station, but in the middle of this pretty desolate industrial area. nope.jpg
fwiw, I usually bring a knife to craigslist deals. Not like, flashing it around but accessible :lol:

#199 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, IMO, if you're going to do a deal through craigslist, you should always have either someone with you or some kind of protection. Lots of crazies out there. My brother always insists on coming with me, along with my killer shih tzu.

I figured I should still be able to at least make a couple of bucks on the nes lot, it just pissed me off that quite a bit of stuff was missing and I drove all the way out there for it. But, you live and you learn. Now I know to always check everything.

#200 zlatour

zlatour

Shredaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

What do you guys think this is worth? He says in the ad 5k is the lowest he will go, but what you guys think I should offer him?

http://capecod.craig...3774841934.html

#201 jk17866

jk17866

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:37 AM

Jesus, that's a TON of games! Has a decent amount of rare ones, but I don't know if it would justify a 5k price tag IMO. Just skimming through the list, I don't know if I'd go much more than 2500 tops.

#202 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

What do you guys think this is worth? He says in the ad 5k is the lowest he will go, but what you guys think I should offer him?

http://capecod.craig...3774841934.html

These kind of bundle deals are most often a collector trying to up the value of a bunch of common low value garbage by selling in a huge volume lot.

Logic would dictate that for people to go in on 650 nintendo games, you would have to lower the price since the amount of people who would buy ALL of them in one go is far less than the amount of different people who would buy them from you bit by bit in smaller lots.

Basically, it's lazy and greedy.

I dunno, at $5000, those 650 games are $7 each.

Think of it as paying $7 for Little Sampson, but you also have to pay $7 for 100 other copies of super common games that go for much less. The same way for every other high value game in the lot.

#203 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

This one was brand new when I emailed.

http://milwaukee.cra...3791462858.html

Would love to get a gamecube component cable for any price at or under $100.

Also a complete ocarina of time collectors edition for $33? I emailed on that too, it's been up all day.

#204 edavis0780

edavis0780

Disbarred! STFUJT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Got two Craigslist finds today:

Zelda Collector's Edition CIB
Super Smash Bros. Melee CIB
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4
Call of Duty Finest Hour

$40
I had to purchase all 4, and I felt like a douchebag if I didn't buy something else besides Zelda and SSB.

Zelda Windwaker CIB
Paper Mario CIB
Super Paper Mario CIB
Eternal Darkness CIB
Bioshock Infinite CIB

$105.

Best news? All of the games were in great condition. I've been finding some Gamecube bundles where the discs look like they've been through a sandpaper factory...in the rough part of town...adjacent to a desert.
Posted Image

"I am a one-man violent video game wrecking crew"

"I love the smell of burning gamers in the morning."

"These flowers were sent to harass me."

"Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you're a hit man or a video gamer."

-Jack Thompson

Without Jack Thompson, wikiquotes just wouldn't be the same.

#205 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

Well, I got that amazing gamecube craigslist lot. All for $60:

The main reason I wanted it so desperately. This will go great with the HD Tube TV i recently got at a yard sale. Already tested out F-Zero GX in 480p on my HDTV and it looks really great. I see why people go crazy trying to get these.

Posted Image

Then the games - These are all the crap ones that I'll probably sell to half price books or something.
Posted Image

And these are the ones I might actually play/ are halfway decent. The games in the lot really weren't very good, but there were a ton of them.

Posted Image

Also there was this little case with the action replay:
Posted Image

And a typical Black GameCube. It came with one shitty 3rd party controller that i'll also take to some place to get a quarter for it or something.

Posted Image

Included a Game Boy Player. I heard these look phenomenal with the Component cables. Game Boy and GBA games are very sharp and colorful.
Posted Image

And this was a surprise - it wasn't even listed in the craigslist post, but when I was looking at the system I noticed this strange port and..
Posted Image
I have no idea what i'd ever do with a gamecube broadband adapter, but now I have one.

Also included were two very fun GBA games. I have both so i'll probably sell them.
Posted Image

#206 mdc921

mdc921

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

Real or scam??

So it turns out the too good to be true SNES lot was. Looks like it was a local game store trolling resellers in the area (G2K Johnson City for those in the Northeast TN area):

http://tricities.cra...3792620184.html
http://tricities.cra...3793846084.html
http://tricities.cra...3794095635.html
http://tricities.cra...3794486509.html

#207 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

Then the games - These are all the crap ones that I'll probably sell to half price books or something.
Posted Image

I don't know man, but Star Wars Rogue Leader and Star Wars Bounty Hunter were pretty fun to play in my book. Especially Bounty Hunter; it's very underrated imo. It takes a while to get used to, but it might grow on you if you give it a chance. Capcom vs SNK 2 EO isn't crap, it's pretty fun to play, but you might not be a Fighting Game Fan. :lol:

Edited by Olengie, 10 May 2013 - 02:31 AM.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#208 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

The main reason I wanted it so desperately. This will go great with the HD Tube TV i recently got at a yard sale. Already tested out F-Zero GX in 480p on my HDTV and it looks really great. I see why people go crazy trying to get these.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And these are the ones I might actually play/ are halfway decent. The games in the lot really weren't very good, but there were a ton of them.

Posted Image

Also there was this little case with the action replay:
Posted Image

And a typical Black GameCube. It came with one shitty 3rd party controller that i'll also take to some place to get a quarter for it or something.

Posted Image

Included a Game Boy Player. I heard these look phenomenal with the Component cables. Game Boy and GBA games are very sharp and colorful.
Posted Image

And this was a surprise - it wasn't even listed in the craigslist post, but when I was looking at the system I noticed this strange port and..
Posted Image
I have no idea what i'd ever do with a gamecube broadband adapter, but now I have one.

Also included were two very fun GBA games. I have both so i'll probably sell them.
Posted Image

Great find. the cable and player alone was worth it.

#209 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:14 AM

I don't know man, but Star Wars Rogue Leader and Star Wars Bounty Hunter were pretty fun to play in my book. Especially Bounty Hunter; it's very underrated imo. It takes a while to get used to, but it might grow on you if you give it a chance. Capcom vs SNK 2 EO isn't crap, it's pretty fun to play, but you might not be a Fighting Game Fan. :lol:

oh sorry those were stacked behind the shit games, i guess its hard to tell. Yeah, i'm keeping those you mentioned.

Really makes me want to finish out a good gamecube library. Been really enjoying F-Zero GX in 480p widescreen the last few days.

Apparently that action replay is what I need to do this trick too:

And people are paying a lot for them now, $30-$50. What a great lot.

#210 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

I posted in the stupidity thread initially, because trying to sell my Virtua Cop 2 machine dealt me a load of idiots. But I finally unloaded it and came out (in my eyes) ahead.

The VC2 machine was a bit rough and needed some work, but was overall decent working condition. I wanted it gone primarily it was too big to fit in my house, it wouldn't even fit in any doorway. I tried for over a year to sell it for a steal price of $250. I got offers that blew me off and unbelievable lowballs ($50?!?!).

Finally, two weeks ago I got an email from someone who owns a small game store near Pittsburgh. We email back and forth and I verified that the person was legit. She offered in trade a Street Fighter 2 cabinet, in very good condition, complete with monitor. She also threw in a Red Game Box (2008 editiion, 400-in-one, I believe) and offered transport both ways. She came out and checked the machine I had and I went to her place and checked out her machine and it was a done deal.

That night she had a couple people come out to swap machines and that was that. I still haven't completely wired up the machine, I should be able to get that done this weekend.

Now the funny part about it all is I originally paid only $75 for the VC2 machine, so I definitely made out like a bandit.

The new machine:

Spoiler

And what I traded for it:

Spoiler

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!