Photo
- - - - -

Wreck-It Ralph Ult. Collector's Edition - $5 Off Coupon @ Amazon [EXPIRES 12/27]

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

Not a fan of how Amazon forces you to use any credit you have if you're using a coupon, unless I'm missing something. Oh well, guess it's $18 for me, unless theres a price drop.

If you don't want to use your credit with the coupon, pre-order something else first that you can apply your credit towards, order Ralph with coupon, then cancel other pre-order. Bingo, credit back.

th_w03j81.gif  

#32 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

I really enjoyed this film but the price is too high. Will wait for a release without all the bells and whistles.

#33 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

another great pixar film, thanks OP just ordered

It's not a Pixar film, though I've still heard great things about it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#34 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:26 AM

another great pixar film, thanks OP just ordered

It's not a Pixar film but lots of prominent Pixar people worked on it so...

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#35 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:28 AM

I really enjoyed this film but the price is too high. Will wait for a release without all the bells and whistles.

There's also a sequel in the works so maybe I should wait a couple years for the 2-pack box set hmmm...

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#36 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

There's also a sequel in the works so maybe I should wait a couple years for the 2-pack box set hmmm...

Doesn't mean the 2nd one is going to be good. I don't think this movie was written with a franchise in mind.

It was a really excellent movie though.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#37 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

You just know that as soon as they can get Nintendo characters, they're moving to home consoles.

#38 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Thanks OP, ordered
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#39 Nesmaster75

Nesmaster75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:03 AM

I really enjoyed this film as well, but I REALLY loved the short, Paperman, that played before it.

I also preordered it! Thanks, OP!
Posted Image

The O.C Re-runs on Soapnet
Remember The Black Donnellys? How about Saved?

#40 takotchi

takotchi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Not a fan of how Amazon forces you to use any credit you have if you're using a coupon, unless I'm missing something. Oh well, guess it's $18 for me, unless theres a price drop.

You are no longer forced to do this. At the very last page, click "Change" (it'll say "(card) ending in 1234" and then "Gift Certificate/Card", it's under those) and then you'll be taken to a page where it'll say "Use your $XXX.XX gift card or promotional balance" with the radio button selected. Just click something else (like your credit card) and then Continue.

#41 gamingcity

gamingcity

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

You just know that as soon as they can get Nintendo characters, they're moving to home consoles.

1) The movie *has* Nintendo characters in it.
2) It was originally planned to be located in a home console. It was moved to an arcade during pre-production.

#42 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

If BBY does a steelbook release, I just might cancel this preorder, coupon or not. ;)

that would be a viva metal pak. not a steel.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#43 gr8asianman

gr8asianman

◕‿‿◕

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Thanks op.

fs_overall.png

sig.gif

#44 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

You are no longer forced to do this. At the very last page, click "Change" (it'll say "(card) ending in 1234" and then "Gift Certificate/Card", it's under those) and then you'll be taken to a page where it'll say "Use your $XXX.XX gift card or promotional balance" with the radio button selected. Just click something else (like your credit card) and then Continue.

Unless there's a way around it, doing that prevents the $5 coupon from applying to the order too since it's part of the "gift card or promotional balance".

#45 gossamer

gossamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

Thanks op.

#46 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Thanks OP, Ordered this with the coupon. Saw it in theater's a few weeks ago and my girlfriend actually liked more than I did (I did enjoy it though). Hopefully the price drops lower like others have said and the coupon brings it down even further.

@Larrythefatcat can you send me a link to a list of all of the disney animated blu ray releases. Im somewhere around 10-15, but id like to get them all if possible

#47 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

Unless there's a way around it, doing that prevents the $5 coupon from applying to the order too since it's part of the "gift card or promotional balance".

There isn't.

You'd have to make a new order enough pre-order items that eat up your promotional and gift card balance, make the order of the item with the coupon then cancel the item that had all of your credit used up.

#48 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I just pre-ordered for $30. I'm sure it will come down.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#49 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I just pre-ordered for $30. I'm sure it will come down.

It will.

Most likely between Target and Best Buy, someone will have it for $24.99 - $27.99. In that case, it'll be $19.99 - $22.99 AC.

#50 fireseal859

fireseal859

Single Dad. Gamer.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I hope the price goes down, but I preordered just the same. Thanks OP.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

card.png

#51 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:00 AM

Coupon appears to expire in 4 days, though that may be inclusive of today. I'd recommend pre-ordering it to lock in the coupon (just a reminder, Amazon doesn't bill until shipment) and then wait it out to see the final price on release. You'll still have enough time to cancel the pre-order if B&M deals end up being better when the ads containing it get leaked here.

Edited by shrike4242, 24 December 2012 - 07:59 AM.

#52 Tsukiyono

Tsukiyono

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Loved this movie and cant wait for the release. Also loving the recent Amazon coupons for the 3dblu/blu/dvd.digital releases recently also!

#53 gkrykewy

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Preordered and then this showed up in my gold box. Can I cancel and reorder, or will it not let me use the coupon again even if I cancel the first order?

EDIT: nice. Canceled and reordered with both the gold box discount and the coupon.

Edited by gkrykewy, 24 December 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#54 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Thanks.
Posted Image

#55 Qildail

Qildail

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

In on the preorder as well. Thanks, OP.

#56 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Don't care about 3D, but these usually end up being the same price after coupon so I'm in.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#57 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Preordered and then this showed up in my gold box. Can I cancel and reorder, or will it not let me use the coupon again even if I cancel the first order?

EDIT: nice. Canceled and reordered with both the gold box discount and the coupon.

That's weird--I didn't think items you already bought could appear in your Goldbox. Is that typical?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#58 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

That's weird--I didn't think items you already bought could appear in your Goldbox. Is that typical?

Yes.

If you cancel an item, normally it shows up in your Gold Box the next day as a chance to "rebuy" the item for a cheaper price to try and keep the sale.

#59 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Yes.

If you cancel an item, normally it shows up in your Gold Box the next day as a chance to "rebuy" the item for a cheaper price to try and keep the sale.

I know that that can happen when you cancel an item, but the way gkrykewy phrased it, he preordered this with the coupon then it appeared in his Goldbox, i.e., after he already preordered it.

Either way, I think I'll just cancel my preorder now in the hopes of it appearing in my Goldbox, and if it doesn't, I'll re-preorder it.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#60 shrike4242

shrike4242

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I know that that can happen when you cancel an item, but the way gkrykewy phrased it, he preordered this with the coupon then it appeared in his Goldbox, i.e., after he already preordered it.

Either way, I think I'll just cancel my preorder now in the hopes of it appearing in my Goldbox, and if it doesn't, I'll re-preorder it.

Coupon says three days to go, so if it doesn't show up by Wednesday, go ahead and re-order it.