got boned again on ebay

iNFiNiTE HORiZON

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
so I've officially decided to stop selling on ebay, I got screwed again (honestly it was my own fault this time). I had a buyer buy a bunch of disc only ps2 games, 13 games for $18. I didn't have sleeves for the games so asked if he'd be okay waiting for them. I purchased sleeves for $3, not realizing they were from overseas, needless to say it took over 2 weeks for them to arrive. I kept the buyer updated and he was okay with the wait, once the sleeves arrived I informed him they had arrived and I'd be shipping out asap, the next morning I wake up to an open case asking for a tracking number, I rush down to the post office and ship them first class in a bubble mailer with the sleeves and delivery confirmation, an estimated 4 days to ship. 2 days go by, ebay refunds the buyer the full amount, closes the case and leaves me with no options but to go through the buyer. I ask if he can at least return the items to me, and he proceeds to leave me negative feedback, the first negative feedback I've ever gotten since joining ebay. (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tomjoseph91)

I send him another message pleading for him to work with me and asking how to make this right. He finally replies (after the package arrives to him now), saying that he'd be keeping the games unless I send him another $6 for return shipping, and laughing about the negative feedback saying "and I don't give a shit about your feedback lol". (I personally don't really know why I give a shit either, but I was kind of proud of it for whatever reason.)

Needless to say I ultimately decided to tell him to go fuck himself. I am now sitting here wanting to leave him negative feedback but I don't seem to be able to. I can only leave positive feedback. And there seems to be no way to contact ebay, and I can't repeal the case or anything so I guess that's it. I am strongly contemplating shutting down my account but I don't know where else to sell, and I kind of rely on this extra income at the moment. But between the rediculous fees (I just paid $65 the other day and they want another $40 now) and getting screwed out of potential sales, I feel like I'm barely making much of anything. /end rant

Why aren't you able to appeal the case? If you have delivery confirmation saying it was delivered and eBay messages that says he received it (asking you to give him $6 to return it - IE Proof he received) you should be able to get the case reversed.

You need to call ebay customer service and if that fails since that is always hit or miss call paypal to explain your situation.. You have proof it was delivered if the tracking updated to reflect that you have a leg to stand on.

This situation doesn't make sense. Something has been lost in translation.

Alternatively, get vindictive and buy something from him or create a new account to buy something from him, then turn around and negative and scam him for it.

OP,

You should be able to appeal the case... HOWEVER according to the Seller Protection Policy you are supposed to ship within a reasonable time frame to keep your protection.

11.3 Eligibility Requirements.

To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Item Not Received protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Item Not Received Additional Requirements listed below under (b). To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).

a. Basic Requirements:
You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.

b. Item Not Received Additional Requirements:

For Chargebacks, the payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
You must provide Proof of Delivery as described below in Section 11.4.
If the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 Days after receipt of payment.

What was your handling time on this listing? If it was just a few days (i.e. 1-3) and you shipped two weeks after receiving payment then that is most likely why you lost the case.

INR cases are almost always decided by an automated program; they look at when you shipped, and what the tracking information says. If the buyer paid two weeks ago, your handling time was 1 day and the shipping information was just uploaded (2 weeks after the sale) it is going to think "Scam" and issue the refund to the buyer.

I would however suggest appealing the case to an actual agent and showing that the DC shows "delivered".

It sucks but feel good you're only out ~ $20 worth of items.

1. you could appeal
2. looks like he hit you dsr's with 1s - you could report him for that if you want.
3. there are a bunch of links now on ebay for abusing buyer protection to report buyers if you wish to take that route.
4. if you report ebay/paypal to the BBB they almost always refund anything under $100
5. For $18 how much time=money do you really want to invest(waste) on this?

Call eBay customer service at 866-540-3229. Be prepared to wait a good 30 to 60 minutes before someone answers. Explain your situation. Have the DC number ready. If you contacted the buyer through eBay Messages they can see those too. They can reverse the decision.

Yeah I kinda got screwed this week too!

I sold 7 copies of Kingdom Hearts 3D and 2 PS3 Deadmunds Quest/Sports Champions Move Bundles in Fixed Price Auctions. KH3D were $25 apiece, Move Bundles were $70 apiece, free shipping. Of course I sell everything very fast and ship them all to their destinations. I get a few good feedbacks from the KH3Ds and one Move Bundle.

Then I receive an email about "Item not as described". Long story short, dumb b1tch thinks she bought both Move Bundles and wants "a refund or another Bundle because there was 2 in the picture, item isnt as described." I tried to explain they were $70 apiece but she just couldnt figure it out. She opens a case with Ebay, I escalate it since I dont wanna deal with her stupidity.........THEY TOOK HER SIDE! She gets a refund from them and gets to keep the item, I dont lose money or seller rep. I basically emailed back and called her a dumbass without saying it. "8 other people figured out how the auction type works, Ebay always sucks the Buyers D1CK! Next time you should read the auction better so you dont piss off another seller!"......She left good feedback LOL!

[quote name='juangrande386']Yeah I kinda got screwed this week too!

I sold 7 copies of Kingdom Hearts 3D and 2 PS3 Deadmunds Quest/Sports Champions Move Bundles in Fixed Price Auctions. KH3D were $25 apiece, Move Bundles were $70 apiece, free shipping. Of course I sell everything very fast and ship them all to their destinations. I get a few good feedbacks from the KH3Ds and one Move Bundle.

Then I receive an email about "Item not as described". Long story short, dumb b1tch thinks she bought both Move Bundles and wants "a refund or another Bundle because there was 2 in the picture, item isnt as described." I tried to explain they were $70 apiece but she just couldnt figure it out. She opens a case with Ebay, I escalate it since I dont wanna deal with her stupidity.........THEY TOOK HER SIDE! She gets a refund from them and gets to keep the item, I dont lose money or seller rep. I basically emailed back and called her a dumbass without saying it. "8 other people figured out how the auction type works, Ebay always sucks the Buyers D1CK! Next time you should read the auction better so you dont piss off another seller!"......She left good feedback LOL![/QUOTE]

wow, didnt know they could just give her a refund instead of taking money out of your account.

To the OP, have someone you know buy something from him and then just refuse the shipment, that way hes out of money and time. What a dick, 6 dollars for shipping something first class. Hes a seller so he knows it doesnt cost anywhere near that.

Then I receive an email about "Item not as described". Long story short, dumb b1tch thinks she bought both Move Bundles and wants "a refund or another Bundle because there was 2 in the picture, item isnt as described." I tried to explain they were $70 apiece but she just couldnt figure it out. She opens a case with Ebay, I escalate it since I dont wanna deal with her stupidity.........THEY TOOK HER SIDE! She gets a refund from them and gets to keep the item, I dont lose money or seller rep. I basically emailed back and called her a dumbass without saying it. "8 other people figured out how the auction type works, Ebay always sucks the Buyers D1CK! Next time you should read the auction better so you dont piss off another seller!"......She left good feedback LOL![/QUOTE]

You should not have escalated... that is why you lost the claim. When she opened a SNAD claim you should have selected the option of "RETURN FOR REFUND".

It doesn't matter what your return policy is---eBay gives the buyer 45 days to file a claim so you might as well have gotten your goods back because it was a guarantee that you were going to be refunding.

I"m not sure I under stand the problem though. Did you have two items pictured in your listing?

Edit: Nevermind I see where you stated that eBay refunded her from their pockets. Still in any SNAD you should always select the "RETURN FOR REFUND" option.

Also this will count as an opened case without seller resolution in your dashboard. It will show up in a few days because you weren't able to resolve the dispute without eBay resolution. Depending on how many items you sell per month as little as three of these in a one year period can cause you to get your account closed.

Stupid question, but why not just buy a bunch of sleeves from Office Depot or something? I tend to get to get all my shipping stuff from Target.

[quote name='DNukem170']Stupid question, but why not just buy a bunch of sleeves from Office Depot or something? I tend to get to get all my shipping stuff from Target.[/QUOTE]

Why even get sleeves at all unless the description expressly mentioned sleeves?

If they're all disc only they're not going to be mint anyway. Just stick them on an old CD-R spindle, use foam padding of some sort on the excess space of the spindle, screw the spindle top on, then tape the spindle top secure. Problem solved.

[quote name='kodave']Why even get sleeves at all unless the description expressly mentioned sleeves?

If they're all disc only they're not going to be mint anyway. Just stick them on an old CD-R spindle, use foam padding of some sort on the excess space of the spindle, screw the spindle top on, then tape the spindle top secure. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]

I would have just wrapped each one in paper... I mean, that's what paper sleeves are anyway. As long as the discs are cleaned and then tightly wrapped up/taped up tight, the discs will be protected from any serious scratching. Then stick it all in a bubble mailer and send out.

I deactivated my account because a buyer wanted a refund on a digital game code he already used in May, and he has been sending threatening emails ever since. Sometimes I open up that mailing address tied to the account and find multiple harassing messages. Last ones were sent last week.

Sellers not being able to leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers is fucking retarded. Ebay isn't what it used to be. Don't give that shit site the time of day.

You spent $3 on disc sleeves for a $18 dollar sale minus ebay/paypal fees you would have made like $10 bucks.

Doesn't even seem it's worth while wasting time trying to dispute such a small transaction.

Also I agree ebay sucks. I never even had a account and I still manage to sell what I want and find rare items I want.

Actually you screw yourself by not taking an extra picture. That take maybe another minute but you could avoid all this trouble.

[quote name='62t']Actually you screw yourself by not taking an extra picture. That take maybe another minute but you could avoid all this trouble.[/QUOTE]

Agree... they don't even charge for extra pictures anymore (up to 10 I think). It's like someone that puts up the stock picture of a CE but they are only selling the extras... and then as the seller the complain when the buyer opens a SNAD

[quote name='62t']Actually you screw yourself by not taking an extra picture. That take maybe another minute but you could avoid all this trouble.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to say about that guys case but was too lazy.

That's clear cut the sellers fault. It doesn't matter if you list in the description that it's not both items in the pic. You already gave the buyer a stance to file a claim.

I don't even sell on eBay anymore because of how unfriendly and unfair it is for the seller. eBay is a knight in shining armor for their buyers, but to hell with their sellers!

[quote name='needler420']That's what I was going to say about that guys case but was too lazy.

That's clear cut the sellers fault. It doesn't matter if you list in the description that it's not both items in the pic. You already gave the buyer a stance to file a claim.[/QUOTE]

Also I've been told that a lot of times the text doesn't get included on eBay mobile apps or it gets cut out so the buyer is just seeing the picture, title + subtitle and the standard description that eBay includes.

[quote name='GBAstar']Also I've been told that a lot of times the text doesn't get included on eBay mobile apps or it gets cut out so the buyer is just seeing the picture, title + subtitle and the standard description that eBay includes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah as far as ebay horror stories go I've heard of people purposely looking for double picture listings just so then can file a claim from it.

I would think that's one of the most basic things a seller would avoid.

Ill be sure to take a picture of 1 item next time I sell multiples because of this. It just pissed me off cus 7 people didnt email me like "derrr wheres my other 6 copies of Kingdom Hearts, there was 7 in the picture". And the guy who bought the other Move Bundle gave me good feedback the same day his box arrive. This women was the only one confused and now has her $70 and a free $100 Move Bundle. I didnt lose my money so thats why Ive pretty much moved on, this thread just reminded me!

ebay is one of the most criminal sites out there. Never sell there unless you take every precaution imaginable. On ebay, you can get screwed even if you do nothing wrong. The people that run that place do what they want, when they want. They will close accounts for shady reasons, side with buyers in clear buyer abuse cases, and then rub salt in the wound to the seller.

You hear horror stories about different places all the time. Walmart, K-Mart, etc, etc. But ebay is the first place I've ever used that lived up to all the negativity, and then took it to another level. After experiencing and reading about some of the stuff that happens on there, it's only one step above dealing with the mafia.

It's only a matter of time before someone goes Ted Kaczynski on that site.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']ebay is one of the most criminal sites out there. Never sell there unless you take every precaution imaginable. On ebay, you can get screwed even if you do nothing wrong. The people that run that place do what they want, when they want. They will close accounts for shady reasons, side with buyers in clear buyer abuse cases, and then rub salt in the wound to the seller.

You hear horror stories about different places all the time. Walmart, K-Mart, etc, etc. But ebay is the first place I've ever used that lived up to all the negativity, and then took it to another level. After experiencing and reading about some of the stuff that happens on there, it's only one step above dealing with the mafia.

It's only a matter of time before someone goes Ted Kaczynski on that site.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. If you stay abreast all the policy changes and actually read both the eBay and PayPal user agreements I don't think you'll run into many problems.

The complaints I read on this board mostly have to do with people selling things the way they want to sell them... in order to sell on eBay with minimal amount of issues you have to do things their way... not your way.

Most of the rants I've read on here are people getting scammed selling digital items which are prohibited on eBay anyways or people not following the T&C and shipping to an address other then the one on the PayPal invoice.

Those issues are completely avoidable.

I know people personally that have gotten ripped off on the site where a buyer claimed the item was missing contents(when they weren't) and ebay refunded them the whole money and they got nothing in return. The buyer didn't even send the item back and nothing ever happened. It was fought and eventually lost.

Also, I know people with 1,000+ feedback that got their account closed because major sellers(usually stores) would complain about their lower prices hurting their sales, and ebay essentially would rather side with the one that benefits them most so they closed their account. They said the reason was "They were selling too much and considered them a risk" with no explanation to what that even meant. These weren't "high risk" items either. One of them was selling designer shoes and clothing. Another designer watches and stuff like that.

I'm sure for the majority of people, that stuff won't happen, but ebay really just does whatever they hell they want.

Also, another thing I've noticed about ebay. Their calculated shipping rates are always wrong. I enter the exact measurements and weight of the items, and when I go to ship them it always ends up costing me more at the post office. Their shipping policies and listing design is awful. Plus, if you want to assure you won't get ripped off as a seller, you need to get tracking and receipts on everything. Even if it is something small that would save you money dropping in a mailbox. But to get tracking you need to get priority shipping or some BS. That is partly on the post office I guess as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I know people personally that have gotten ripped off on the site where a buyer claimed the item was missing contents(when they weren't) and ebay refunded them the whole money and they got nothing in return. The buyer didn't even send the item back and nothing ever happened. It was fought and eventually lost.

Also, I know people with 1,000+ feedback that got their account closed because major sellers(usually stores) would complain about their lower prices hurting their sales, and ebay essentially would rather side with the one that benefits them most so they closed their account. They said the reason was "They were selling too much and considered them a risk" with no explanation to what that even meant. These weren't "high risk" items either. One of them was selling designer shoes and clothing. Another designer watches and stuff like that.

I'm sure for the majority of people, that stuff won't happen, but ebay really just does whatever they hell they want.

Also, another thing I've noticed about ebay. Their calculated shipping rates are always wrong. I enter the exact measurements and weight of the items, and when I go to ship them it always ends up costing me more at the post office. Their shipping policies and listing design is awful. Plus, if you want to assure you won't get ripped off as a seller, you need to get tracking and receipts on everything. Even if it is something small that would save you money dropping in a mailbox. But to get tracking you need to get priority shipping or some BS. That is partly on the post office I guess as well.[/QUOTE]

Start adding handling. I got tired of paying money out of my own pocket for shipping because of the calculator lowballing the price, in addition to them charging you 9% fees on shipping. So now I add a $1-3 handling fee, depending on the weight of the item.

Is their a reason why you can't print your labels through eBay?

You would never have to worry about manually uploading tracking again; and you'd even save money on shipping.

It is ALWAYS more expensive to pay at the post office. You receive a small discount for printing online---regardless if it is through eBay, PayPal, USPS, Stamps.com, etc.

Situations like these are the reason I refuse to use Paypal (which is owned by eBay, last I checked) any longer. It causes some problems with some CAGs when I try to sell my stuff on here, but I can deal with it.

It's better than getting scammed out of $120 because a guy buys my old laptop and claims it's broken, then ships back a different, broken one and eBay ignores my claims against it, even though I had taken pictures of the serial numbers. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']But to get tracking you need to get priority shipping or some BS. That is partly on the post office I guess as well.[/QUOTE]No, you don't. All you have to do is get a Delivery Confirmation slip (usually found at the side desk where all the other slips are) and slap it on the package. And even then, apparently USPS is combining that into their basic postal fee, so you will always get tracking starting next year.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']Situations like these are the reason I refuse to use Paypal (which is owned by eBay, last I checked) any longer. It causes some problems with some CAGs when I try to sell my stuff on here, but I can deal with it.

It's better than getting scammed out of $120 because a guy buys my old laptop and claims it's broken, then ships back a different, broken one and eBay ignores my claims against it, even though I had taken pictures of the serial numbers. That was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.[/QUOTE]

In order to win a case such as the one you are describing you absolutely must file a police report (it is mail fraud) and provide eBay with the case number.

In almost all instances once a report has been filed they will reimburse you.

[quote name='GBAstar']Is their a reason why you can't print your labels through eBay?

You would never have to worry about manually uploading tracking again; and you'd even save money on shipping.

It is ALWAYS more expensive to pay at the post office. You receive a small discount for printing online---regardless if it is through eBay, PayPal, USPS, Stamps.com, etc.[/QUOTE]

I'll look into it. Right now I don't have a printer though. I haven't printed anything in ages.

I used to have a friend of mine ship items out from his work for me and they had a postage machine. He works at a University hospital and they mail out countless things per day, so their postage machine would be working correctly. It wasn't some shady ghetto job. Eventually though I started getting items returned to me for insufficient postage. So once I took it to a post office and they weighed it and the item was like 1 lb heavier or something. I think they calibrate their scales at the post office to make sure they weigh more so they can nickel and dime you.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I'll look into it. Right now I don't have a printer though. I haven't printed anything in ages.[/QUOTE]

If you decide to get a printer I would go with a model that uses toner not inkjet cartridges. I have a wireless Brother HL-2170W which is now discontinued but I got if for about $50 after rebates through staples.

It uses generic toner that can be bought for cheap for about $10-$15 a cartridge and I get 1-2 thousands prints per toner.

It's much cheaper then the few hundred prints I was getting from my expensive HP inkjet cartridges.

Regardless the time and money you save from being able to print your labels and prepare your packages at home is worth the investment.

I used to have a friend of mine ship items out from his work for me and they had a postage machine. Eventually though I started getting items returned to me for insufficient postage. So once I took it to a post office and they weighed it and the item was like 1 lb heavier or something. I think they calibrate their scales at the post office to make sure they weigh more so they can nickel and dime you.

No. The are calibrated officially. The most common reason for a package returning for insufficient postage is because people don't know how to weight packages correctly.

1) you have to weigh the package after it has been boxed (sounds like common sense but some people think you only pay for the weight of the item sans packing materials

2) The rates you pay for can't be rounded down.

Meaning if something weighed 4.1oz you pay the 5oz rate NOT the 4oz rate

If something weighs 1lb 1oz you pay the 2lb rate not the 1lb rate

I'm not reading this whole thing, but do call customer support, do use all your evidence, and do threaten to open a BBB claim. I've had luck with that when getting fucked over elsewhere, so I'd assume it carried some weight with them as well.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so I've officially decided to stop selling on ebay, I got screwed again (honestly it was my own fault this time). I had a buyer buy a bunch of disc only ps2 games, 13 games for $18. I didn't have sleeves for the games so asked if he'd be okay waiting for them. I purchased sleeves for $3, not realizing they were from overseas, needless to say it took over 2 weeks for them to arrive. I kept the buyer updated and he was okay with the wait, once the sleeves arrived I informed him they had arrived and I'd be shipping out asap, the next morning I wake up to an open case asking for a tracking number, I rush down to the post office and ship them first class in a bubble mailer with the sleeves and delivery confirmation, an estimated 4 days to ship. 2 days go by, ebay refunds the buyer the full amount, closes the case and leaves me with no options but to go through the buyer. I ask if he can at least return the items to me, and he proceeds to leave me negative feedback, the first negative feedback I've ever gotten since joining ebay. (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tomjoseph91)

I send him another message pleading for him to work with me and asking how to make this right. He finally replies (after the package arrives to him now), saying that he'd be keeping the games unless I send him another $6 for return shipping, and laughing about the negative feedback saying "and I don't give a shit about your feedback lol". (I personally don't really know why I give a shit either, but I was kind of proud of it for whatever reason.)

Needless to say I ultimately decided to tell him to go fuck himself. I am now sitting here wanting to leave him negative feedback but I don't seem to be able to. I can only leave positive feedback. And there seems to be no way to contact ebay, and I can't repeal the case or anything so I guess that's it. I am strongly contemplating shutting down my account but I don't know where else to sell, and I kind of rely on this extra income at the moment. But between the rediculous fees (I just paid $65 the other day and they want another $40 now) and getting screwed out of potential sales, I feel like I'm barely making much of anything. /end rant[/QUOTE]
You have done so many things wrong, that I can't understand how "you" were the one getting boned.

• Buyer held up his end by paying on time.
  • Buyer had to wait 2 weeks for you to ship plus another week to deliver.
  • You requested the items be returned to you, Buyer asked for $6. (Pretty reasonable considering you held onto his money for 3 weeks plus the time he would need to take out of his day to send it back.)
I also found this pretty stupid...
"Selling a lot of 13 PS2 games. They range from good to very good condition, discs only. I can't guarantee all of them work because I have no way to test them so I'm selling as-is used, but I don't think you'll have a problem with them. These are just games I've had sitting around over the years, being that the cases are lost the discs have become scratched a bit but nothing that looks too bad. They have been resting on a spindle for the past year. Message me with any questions, thanks for looking!"

You couldn't even guarantee that the discs all work, and that they contain scratches. So why go through the trouble of buying paper sleeves? You even have them resting on a spindle....

Sorry to kick a CAG while there down but I can't find a good reason to defend your actions. Be prepared with everything you need before listing your auction next time.

While that's true, the buyer also clearly was abreast of the situation, and was extremely dishonest. The seller mishandled some things, but they buyer did this on purpose and is a giant douche nozzle. That is why the seller got boned.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I know people personally that have gotten ripped off on the site where a buyer claimed the item was missing contents(when they weren't) and ebay refunded them the whole money and they got nothing in return. The buyer didn't even send the item back and nothing ever happened. It was fought and eventually lost.

Also, another thing I've noticed about ebay. Their calculated shipping rates are always wrong. I enter the exact measurements and weight of the items, and when I go to ship them it always ends up costing me more at the post office. Their shipping policies and listing design is awful. Plus, if you want to assure you won't get ripped off as a seller, you need to get tracking and receipts on everything. Even if it is something small that would save you money dropping in a mailbox. But to get tracking you need to get priority shipping or some BS. That is partly on the post office I guess as well.[/QUOTE]

Actually designer items are high risk due to knockoffs from China and likely the people asking for the shutdown are the official distributors in the US. Most people can't get large quantities of designer items at a low enough cost to be able to make a profit after fees, shipping etc.

Regarding shipping it has been said but is worth repeating weigh the item and packing materials before setting up the calculator, remember rate quoted is for online prices (counter prices for delivery, signature confirmation are higher). And remember eBay AND PayPal take a cut out of the entire transaction (ie item plus shipping) so you will net less than the calculator charges.

Regarding OP sorry that happened. I agree the guy is a jerk but in the end it is still your obligation to ship in a timely manner. I find it interesting that his negative involved the buyer not wanting to pay return shipping on an item he sold. Yet he wanted OP to send him $6 to cover return shipping when he wouldn't do the same as a seller.

Now my eBay rant, eBay needs to start cracking down on sellers offering one day handling time to get the 20% fee discount and not shipping for many days. They upload a tracking number but the item doesn't go out for a week. (You can tell from the acceptance date) and the time arrives beyond the estimate date since it doesn't go out in a timely manner, yet they still get the discount. Unfair to sellers that actually met or exceed their handling times.

One thing that annoys me is when I sell an item, but the buyer doesn't pay. I am far more lenient than most sellers (I give a week, usually with multiple invoices, before opening a case), but when I eventually relist it, I don't get as much money the second time around.

Case in point: I sold Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 and the Finding Nemo pre-order case for $20 and $12 respectively, tripling my investment. Neither paid and I relisted. Current bids with an hour to go? $9.00 and $8. Grr.

2 weeks for sleeves is a little nuts. you should've just paid a few more bucks and bought them at best buy, staples, office depot, etc. I wouldn't have waited that long and would've been extra pissed that the seller wasn't actually ready to sell the items before selling them.

but the chargeback is messed up too, of course.

[quote name='Blade']I deactivated my account because a buyer wanted a refund on a digital game code he already used in May, and he has been sending threatening emails ever since. Sometimes I open up that mailing address tied to the account and find multiple harassing messages. Last ones were sent last week.

Sellers not being able to leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers is fucking retarded. Ebay isn't what it used to be. Don't give that shit site the time of day.[/QUOTE]

You closed your account over it? Ugh, well I hope it at least fixed your problem. I had a similar issue and got the guys ebay account banned and nearly went to the police over it (what the person was doing/saying in my case was illegal..). PS I dont know if you realize it or not but they can request your info and Ebay will give it to any freak that really wants it. DO NOT use your real info such as phone number and real full first name and such.

Ebay name had "citris" in the username just in case it happened to be the same creepy douche you were talking about.

i use to sell on ebay for several years. I had 1 or 2 bad sells, but over all was happy with ebay until all the fees got crazy then i stopped.

Selling on ebay isn't a problem if you follow policies, you have to describe EVERYTHING though and take lots of pictures. For the person that took the double picture that was definitely the seller's fault, you could snap another picture in a second with a digital camera or just put "Set of 2" in the description with the picture of a single item. I think they have a line in the auction now that says pictures will describe your items, so I can see where the buyer is coming from on that.

Selling lots of designer clothing that isn't used is probably asking for trouble due to fakes and other scams running.

If you protect yourself and have properly listed auctions it seems like the scammers won't target your auctions since there are plenty of other sellers who make mistakes for them to target.

[quote name='Fukurou']I don't even sell on eBay anymore because of how unfriendly and unfair it is for the seller. eBay is a knight in shining armor for their buyers, but to hell with their sellers![/QUOTE]

Same here. I used to sell most of my played games on eBay for like $5-$20 to fund new games but eBay screws you on fees and buyers can basically screw you over with no recourse. Thank jeezus for GameFly.

I totally disagree that the buyer was wrong. He probably thought after so long that you were scamming him and he wasn't going to get anything. After he filed the claim, and then got the merchandise, he probably figured you just sent it because of the claim. If I were him, and actually I was on a sale where the guy said 2 day shipping and sent it media mail and it took two weeks plus to get, then offering to send them back for $6 shipping, was the right thing to do.

I buy more than I sell, and get ripped off all the time, so it works both ways. I never sell on ebay because you pay fees even if it doesn't sell. I use half.com, owned by ebay, and Amazon. Amazon fees are a little higher, but items sell much quicker.

[quote name='nabuch']I totally disagree that the buyer was wrong. He probably thought after so long that you were scamming him and he wasn't going to get anything. After he filed the claim, and then got the merchandise, he probably figured you just sent it because of the claim. If I were him, and actually I was on a sale where the guy said 2 day shipping and sent it media mail and it took two weeks plus to get, then offering to send them back for $6 shipping, was the right thing to do.

I buy more than I sell, and get ripped off all the time, so it works both ways. I never sell on ebay because you pay fees even if it doesn't sell. I use half.com, owned by ebay, and Amazon. Amazon fees are a little higher, but items sell much quicker.[/QUOTE]

How goes it on Half? I haven't listed anything on there for like 2 yrs.

bread's done
Back