The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#271 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

So Eve's leaving WWE immediately. Shocker.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#272 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

So.. she's dropping the title tonight to.. who? Who's even active in the Divas division?

Tamina? Layla?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#273 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, isn't Eve basically the entire Divas division at this point? Or, at least, the only one they've given even the basest amount of credibility to?

Did something happen, or was her push of the last few months them trying to keep her around? I mean, honestly, AJ and Vicki are the highest profile women in the company, but Eve was their 'wrestling' Diva. After the departures of the past year, I couldn't even name more than 3 women 'wrestlers' that are still employed. Might be time to just shit-can the belt, honestly.

#274 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Might be time to just shit-can the belt, honestly.

Intelligent choice, not the double-double-ee-universe choice.
Posted Image

#275 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, isn't Eve basically the entire Divas division at this point? Or, at least, the only one they've given even the basest amount of credibility to?

Yeah, basically. That division is in pretty bad shape when they give one of Brodus Clay's dancers the title shot at their last PPV.

I think Layla, Tamina, Natalya, Kaitlyn, AJ, Rosa & Brodus Clay's dancers are the only divas they have left.

At this point, just let the belt go away. Otherwise, it's going to be treated as a joke like they did the Cruiserweight title before they finally ended it(where Hornswoggle was the champ).

#276 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

It's the 20th anniversary show, maybe they'll call in Trish or Lita to show up, win the title, then "retire" it.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#277 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think that Claudio wants to do actual wrestling than carrying a guy with 5 moves like cena or ryback. From the little bit i got to know him working indy shows he was on a few years ago, he seems more interested in working good matches as opposed to working crappy high profile ones.

Fun fact: On top of everything else, I'm an ex pro wrestler too :P

I think Ryback is slowly getting better but I completely understand where you and him are coming from.

It wasn't until I saw Cesaro facing Sheamus on an episode of Raw where I truly started to appreciate the guy. Up until that point, Cesaro's opponents were small and quick so to see Antonio fight someone more his size and take bumps instead of being the dominant fighter was a nice change of pace.

I even mentioned this in the chatroom (Whatever happen to those?)

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#278 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

It's the 20th anniversary show, maybe they'll call in Trish or Lita to show up, win the title, then "retire" it.

But they announced earlier in the week (on TV as well) Eve was defending against Kaitlyn on RAW.

Doesn't mean someone won't take her out.
-Michael

Posted Image

#279 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

So.. she's dropping the title tonight to.. who? Who's even active in the Divas division?

Tamina? Layla?

Kaitlyn, apparently.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#280 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

So Eve's leaving WWE immediately. Shocker.

It's really sad to see what's happened to the Women's Division in WWE over the years. When you go from ladies like Lita and Trish holding the belt and putting on great matches to burying and releasing Beth Phoenix and farting Natalya, that's just an act of sheer sabotage.

#281 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Random question:

As wrestling fans, what would you guys think of a wrestling game, with an over-the-top storyline, containing drug use as power ups?

I think it sounds rather realistic.:lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#282 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Hornswoggle will win it tonight.
Posted Image

#283 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hornswoggle will win it tonight.

In a nod to Harvey Whippleman, it'll actually be the cross-dressing "Hornswoggirle" that gets the Divas strap tonight.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#284 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I think the best way for them do handle Eve leaving is to "dig up" and old fan favorite from the past and let them win it and then either drop it to a newer star for the rub or just end the Divas all together as well. My pick for them to "dig up" would be
Spoiler

Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#285 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Can we bring back Kharma now?

#286 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Can we bring back Kharma now?

Her interview on Cabana's AoW podcast a few weeks ago was pretty solid; I never pegged her for your typical ultra sassy "aw hell naw" black girl, but she certainly lets that side of her through in the interview. That's what I like about Cabana's podcast; it humanizes the wrestlers in pretty significant ways.

I almost don't want her back right now, though. WWE has done so much to harm the women's division that bringing her in won't turn around the severe dearth of any wrestling talent whatsoever; and beyond that, WWE deserves to be stuck with a modest selection of the clumsy dimwitted bikini models they currently have. De-emphasizing their wrestlers being able to *wrestle* drove away a number of talented women over the past few years, and they deserve to suffer as a result of their overemphasis on tits and ass instead of in-ring talent.

Think of it this way: WWE's women's division is so bad that Kelly Kelly and Maria Kanellis are "seasoned veterans" by today's standard.

Also, Kelly Kelly is hands down one of the worst women's wrestlers I've ever seen.

Lastly, if I were WWE I'd be on the phone to Angel Williams stat. She really grew and improved in TNA. Hotshotting the belt onto, say, Lita won't do much for WWE long term.
Posted Image

#287 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I always thought that T&A was 90% of the reason for the Divas existing in the first place. They've never seemed overly concerned with how well they can wrestle IMO.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#288 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yes and no - certainly all "Sooperstars™" pass some kind of looks test, for the most part. Big, beefy, super muscular dudes that get Vince McMahon all hard will get a million chances, while El Generico and Kassius Ohno probably will not.

So I wouldn't single out female wrestlers as being subject to beauty standards. Most wrestlers are.
Posted Image

#289 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

I constantly hear all this talk about how great Lita was and all I remember her was being out of control in the ring, getting hurt and/or nearly hurting herself or her opponents. What is this revisionist history you all speak of?

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#290 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

I wish I had a .gif of Lita's faceplant vs Trish Stratus.
Posted Image

#291 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Is this the one?

Posted Image

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#292 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

yes! thanks!
Posted Image

#293 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

I wish I had a .gif of Lita's faceplant vs Trish Stratus.

http://www.youtube.c...&v=6SiC2-m3CfA#!

Match in its entirety.

#294 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

That's a GIGANTIC win for Barrett.

#295 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

So they scroll tweets from superstars and they cut Zack Ryder's halfway. Poor guy.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#296 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

So they scroll tweets from superstars and they cut Zack Ryder's halfway. Poor guy.

That shit's gotta be on purpose.
Posted Image

#297 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

It wasn't cut off halfway. He said "the internet champion isn't on Raw, but Dr. Shelby is." It was the last one shown and they faded it quickly though, so I definitely agree that it was done to needle him.

I constantly hear all this talk about how great Lita was and all I remember her was being out of control in the ring, getting hurt and/or nearly hurting herself or her opponents. What is this revisionist history you all speak of?

A frieno once said Lita in the ring looks like a cat being hit by a car, and I've yet to see a more accurate description.

#298 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

bye bye eve. kaitlyn is hotter.
Posted Image

#299 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

hahah jbl talking about brodus clay --- "this is what happens when disco inferno and aretha franklin have a kid"
Posted Image

#300 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

brodus clay needs new attire, his boobs always fall out.
Posted Image