JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:37 AM

The Man That Gravity Forgot™.

#332 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Still don't know how anyone in wrasslin can work with a name like "Adrian Neville." At least with a name like, say, "Adrian Nellis" they could work in an air force base reference. It's not like Evan Bourne is gonna be using the "Air" moniker for much longer.

Read the TNA results. Ending sounds interesting. I'll have to see this. Could be a neat moment.

#333 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Daaaaaaang. Can I watch NXT on the internet? I've briefly looked for it, but it only appears to be behind the Hulu Plus paywall (and I'm not throwing down $8 for one tv program).
Posted Image

#334 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

http://telly-tv.com/forums/wwe-nxt.75/

They have Dailymotion links, as well as others, for the episodes.

#335 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

huzzah, thanks!
Posted Image

#336 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

1) Nope. His promos are even worse these days, too - as he speaks to the crowd in juvenile phrases aimed at a 5-year old's sense of humor, and then mocks people for saying juvenile things (as he did w/ Ziggler a few weeks back). It's the most peculiar thing to see, like Glenn Beck accusing someone of hyperbole and overreaction - you can't believe that someone has the audacity to accuse someone of doing the same thing they do themselves.

2) It's improved in a number of ways. It's not great, but it's getting better for certain. Unless you're a female wrestler. But match quality has improved. If I can remember, I'd like to watch Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton tonight on the Main Event. Which is the first time for me for a number of things - (a) looking forward to a match with Randy Orton in it, (b) going out of my way to watch Main Event, and © remembering that Main Event is a tv program that's on every week.

It's far too early in Triple H's tenure to pass judgment. I'm reticent to say he's even truly taken over the reigns - but there are pretty evident differences.

On an unrelated note, this blog skewers The Rock and his recent promos. I didn't see the last hour of Raw this past Monday (if you pay attention to the ratings each week, I'm one of those people who changes the channel b/w the 2nd and 3rd hour every time - the show just doesn't hold my interest any longer), but if it's anything like the Rock's promo from the other week, I think the blogger has a good point overall regarding the sexism of both the Rock and the Attitude Era in general:

http://wallsofjerich...ock-should.html

I'd argue that's why Rock got out of wrestling so quickly, stupid catchphrases only last so long, and I think he knows that. He built a fan base and got out while the getting was good.

But to the point of sexism, like the author said, that was when Sable was parading around practically topless, so yeah, I'd say she has a point.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#337 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

huzzah, thanks!

No problem. That's where I usually go if I miss Raw and want to watch it. They have a lot of other stuff, too.

http://telly-tv.com/...ms/weeklies.73/

#338 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

WWE wishes Evan Bourne the best in his future endeavors. :lol:

That pic makes me worry more about "WWE offers its condolences to the friends and family of Adrian Neville." God damn.
Posted Image

#339 MP77

MP77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

For those of you who play WWE 13 and download created wrestlers, do you have any suggestions on how to approach it? I know that sounds fairly absurd but there's so much content there. Have you found ratings to fairly indicative of quality? Download numbers seem like they would be high based how long they've been up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

#340 masked lemon

masked lemon

is high as a kite.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Go to caws.ws and look around the forums, most of their stuff can be found easily in the CC.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#341 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

For those of you who play WWE 13 and download created wrestlers, do you have any suggestions on how to approach it? I know that sounds fairly absurd but there's so much content there. Have you found ratings to fairly indicative of quality? Download numbers seem like they would be high based how long they've been up. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Usually when something has more than, say, 30 downloads and it has a rating of 4.5 or higher, I've found it to be pretty good. You can either filter the search by highest downloads and look at the ratings, or highest ratings and look at the downloads. Try to find the ones that are high in both areas. You can always preview the wrestlers too.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#342 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

The Man That Gravity Forgot™.

That's actually a pretty cool moniker.

#343 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I missed the last hour of Impact, but man: Daniels and Kazarian are awesome.

I hope they put the strap on Daniels in 2013.

A lot of people on the Internets were wishing they paired Flair with Roode instead of AJ - me being one of them... But now it's obvious they should have paired him with Daniels. :lol:

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#344 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

If you guys get a chance to go to a TNA House Show you need to .. well, if Daniels is there, anyway. Dude was effing HILARIOUS. At the OKC show I was at this past fall, he worked the crowd into a frenzy, and was worth the price of admission by himself. During the meet and greet he was antagonizing everyone as well... freaking classic stuff. He's one of the only reasons I'm still tuning in to the uploaded parts of TNA on YouTube.

#345 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

I have a Daniels story I'll share. Back when TNA was doing the weekly PPV's I drove up to Nashville with a couple of friends and a friend who worked for TNA would get us in for free. So were in the bleachers and all of a sudden Daniels comes walking down the steps right next to me while cutting a promo. He stops one step down from me and continues with the promo. For whatever reason, I yell "Testify!" (Fallen Angel gimmick, proselytizing, etc., I guess) during this. He looks over his shoulder at me, pauses for just a second and says "Oh, I will testify!" and continues with his promo, making his way to the ring. A cool little moment for me.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#346 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

SUPER DRAGON

SHUT THE Fuck up

#347 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Christopher Daniels was the very first wrestler I ever met. It was the TNA One Year Anniversary show in Nashville and after the show there was a meet-and-greet with a lot of the locker room. He had a firm handshake and looked me straight in the eyes when he was talking to me. That left one hell of an impression on me.

Three other memories I have about that show are getting strangled by Jerry Lynn for a photo op, meeting a completely disinterested Perry Saturn, and ignoring some loud-mouthed nobody who would give autographs to anyone who climbed to the top of the bleachers to meet him. I passed since I didn't think he was worth the effort. You now know him as the longest-reigning WWE Champion of the modern era; C.M. Punk. :lol:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#348 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think I've told this story before in one of these infinite threads, but here we go again.

In high school, when I had some interest in being a pro wrestler, back when I was naive and stupid, I went to California to visit cousins and we went to an All Pro Wrestling (APW) card where Christopher Daniels had a match against, I think, Suicide Kid. This had been in, perhaps, the late-1990s. I think he's one of a few wrasslers who have become better over the years. Just a stellar craftsman who can do it all.

#349 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

So I was browsing WWEshop and found this gem of a bluray for only $0.99.

http://shop.wwe.com/...43&cgid=dvdsale

#350 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Overpriced.

35bb9lx.gif

#351 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Maffew comes out of hiding and releases Botchamania 220:

#352 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

He finally got his intro up to two minutes.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#353 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

^ :rofl:
Posted Image

#354 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Here are the Impact taping results for next week. I'm not sure why they taped in advance. Are they not doing Impact live anymore?

Spoiler

I like just about everything they've been doing lately:
Daniels and Kaz
the world title picture/Hardy/Aries/Roode/Storm
Aces & Eights (the Tazz turn was surprising and nicely done to finally advance the story a bit)
the X Division stuff as well as Kenny King/RVD

But the Bully Ray/Sting/Hogan shit has grown beyond tiresome. The only thing that could make it worse at this point is if Eric Bischoff shows up.

#355 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

He finally got his intro up to two minutes.

It was ridiculous but at least it started with dem boys.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#356 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Cliff Compton has posted a glorious wrasslin' fan photo on Facebook.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#357 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

Cliff Compton has posted a glorious wrasslin' fan photo on Facebook.

Useless post is useless without said photo.

#358 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Unless you're really into fat chicks or sweet mullets, it's not worth seeing.

http://www.facebook....pg&size=480,360

#359 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

Unless you're really into fat chicks or sweet mullets, it's not worth seeing.

http://www.facebook....pg&size=480,360

I should have listened, I should have listened, I should have listened...

35bb9lx.gif

#360 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Thanks for posting the link... not sure what happened when I tried posting it earlier.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image