The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#361 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:05 AM

Unless you're really into fat chicks or sweet mullets, it's not worth seeing.

http://www.facebook....pg&size=480,360

No truer words have ever been spoken.....Posted Image
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#362 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

I'll take the one on the left. To me she is cute at least. The one on the right is what nightmares are made of.....ugh.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#363 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

So I was browsing WWEshop and found this gem of a bluray for only $0.99.

http://shop.wwe.com/...43&cgid=dvdsale

I would consider buying a stack just for the spare blu cases if shipping wasn't a killer.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#364 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

I'll take the one on the left. To me she is cute at least.

Ew. Just wrong. Just wrong...

#365 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Unless you're really into fat chicks or sweet mullets

And what true 'Merican isn't?
Posted Image

#366 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

unless you're really into fat chicks or sweet mullets, it's not worth seeing.

http://www.facebook....pg&size=480,360

jeeeaaaazzuus!

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#367 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Ew. Just wrong. Just wrong...

You gotta marry one, Fuck one and kill one. Go....

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#368 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

You gotta marry one, Fuck one and kill one. Go....

Lol damn. Where is the suicide button when you need it!

#369 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

Some indy guy called the cops on his opponent after the match for stiffing him with a punch during the match. Hence, the meme #steelhorsing is born.

The match - I think the punch in question is at the 4 minute mark.

The news - http://www.gwhnews.c...n-opponent.html

default.png2.png

#370 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Seems like a good way to ensure that you don't get booked on any more shows.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#371 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

From what I heard, they already cut Vachon from the roster.

default.png2.png

#372 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

From what I heard, they already cut Vachon from the roster.

God, getting cut from an indie roster must feel like getting kicked out of a strip club. That's when you know you've hit bottom.

#373 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

Here's Florida Super Championship Wrestling making fun of it and it's hilarious:

default.png2.png

#374 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

....did somebody throw him a super star? :lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#375 mitch079

mitch079

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

I'm not blowing $15 on this, but this is one awesome t-shirt:

http://www.gimmickte...ega-powers.html

Posted Image

default.png2.png

#376 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

Thanks, man. I need another daily shirt website to visit alongside TeeMagnet. It's not like I've run out of space or anything. (Heeelp meeee.)

This one is pretty neat.

Spoiler

#377 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Back To
the grizzly chicks... I'm totally f'd up at the moment, but I would totally bang the one on the left right about now.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#378 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

It may be the beer talking, but I got to thinking about PAC's new name (Adrian Neville) and realized it's not so out of place when you think of the name Bray Wyatt. I'm wondering if they are planning to pair the two together. The dynamic is classic WWE: One slower big guy, one fast high flyer.
I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#379 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

If anything I'd hope they reunite "Husky Harris" and "Bo Dallas".

#380 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

So, with the new meme Steelhorsing being the hot thing over the past day, what are the chances that WWE will try to use it as an angle tonight as well? Most of the things they are doing right now are rehashed or blatantly ripped off anyways, so why not, right?

Posted Image
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#381 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

So, with the new meme Steelhorsing being the hot thing over the past day, what are the chances that WWE will try to use it as an angle tonight as well? Most of the things they are doing right now are rehashed or blatantly ripped off anyways, so why not, right?

Posted Image

Slim to none.

#382 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Are they not doing Impact live anymore?

TNA is doing shows in Europe for the next few weeks which is why Impact is taped for this upcoming week. I believe the next four after that will be taped during the Europe tour.

New sig coming soon.

#383 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

That's fine with me. If they're going to be having taped shows they couldn't do much better than having those shows in front of Euro crowds since TNA is especially popular over there.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#384 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Production costs and hauling all that stuff overseas would probably outweigh what they are trying to do (ie. cut costs, maximize profits so they can sign more WWE castoffs this spring, etc.).

#385 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

And what WWE castoffs have you been informed of that they're trying to sign?

35bb9lx.gif

#386 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Production costs and hauling all that stuff overseas

This mentality concerns me - not you specifically, but I think what you're implying is consistent with what a lot of fans expect. They want the "trimmings" of a pro wrestling show. The idea is that the product is "less than" if it fails to include the video screen, pyro, lighting effects, etc.

I truthfully love watching the old WWF programs from MSG. No video or pyro, entrances, the classic microphone hanging from the ceiling in the ring, etc. The old smoky arena look. That, to me, is...pardon the overused word, but...vintage. I dig it, I'd love to see less lighting, less emphasis on the trivial things that we seem to demand. It's important, but it's overused. Run-ins are, today, 100% accompanied by theme music. Are the show producers magicians? No, they simply know that fans won't identify the disconnect between a "spontaneous" run-in and having that person's music cued up.

I'm not insisting that wrestling lose those trimmings - of course, it's part of the appeal. But I don't think it is absolutely necessary all the time for a television program. Take the show on the road, show us what a sweet international crowd thinks of the roster. As long as you have the wrestlers with you, what else do you really need?
Posted Image

#387 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

IIRC, when TNA was last in the UK they didn't have all of the "trimmings" and it didn't matter one bit. The crowds were ridiculously hot because they were there to see the wrestlers, not the shiny dog and pony show. If the flash and sizzle is essential to someone enjoying a wrestling show than they're not really there for the wrestling in the first place.

35bb9lx.gif

#388 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I don't recall what they did in the past. I know that a company that wants to portray itself as "global" (this includes WWE too) should be more willing to show that it is popular globally. Sell out the "Waffle House Arena" in Davenport, Iowa? Big deal. Draw 15,000 screaming in Mumbai? I'm impressed.
Posted Image

#389 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

IIRC, when TNA was last in the UK they didn't have all of the "trimmings" and it didn't matter one bit. The crowds were ridiculously hot because they were there to see the wrestlers, not the shiny dog and pony show. If the flash and sizzle is essential to someone enjoying a wrestling show than they're not really there for the wrestling in the first place.

Well said.

The thing is though, not everyone is there to see the "wrestling" aspect of it. Some people tend to drag their significant other or a friend who could care less just because they don't want to go alone. To the people who are there "just because", the "shiny dog and pony show" (I love it.) makes or breaks the experience for them.

Now for the overseas shows, I'm sure that doesn't apply near as much since they don't get TNA or WWE on a daily basis like the 'States does, but I'm sure it still applies in some cases.

Also Little Jimmy is more apt to have a blast if Big Johnny's entrance includes pyro and a giant screen showing his entrance video. In turn, Big Jimmy is more likely to spend money on merch seeing that Little Jimmy is having a good time.

Dolla, dolla!

#390 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I don't disagree. Ain't gonna get a "Road Warriors" pop without theme music. But my point was that not *all* of the trimmings are needed. Rent a ring from a local group (far easier now that they're using a traditional ring). Banners may be a challenge. Live without video and pyro.
Posted Image