The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#391 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

I don't disagree. Ain't gonna get a "Road Warriors" pop without theme music. But my point was that not *all* of the trimmings are needed. Rent a ring from a local group (far easier now that they're using a traditional ring). Banners may be a challenge. Live without video and pyro.

Oh no doubt. I dig "vintage" (or vanilla, whatever you wanna call em) shows as much as the next guy. My post was mostly just saying that I'm sure it costs a shit ton of money to send your set overseas, which obviously Vince isn't afraid to do in some cases. UK, mostly. I don't think I've seen the TitanTron™ anywhere else, but I'm sure that's easily proven wrong.

#392 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

So, with the new meme Steelhorsing being the hot thing over the past day, what are the chances that WWE will try to use it as an angle tonight as well? Most of the things they are doing right now are rehashed or blatantly ripped off anyways, so why not, right?

Posted Image

You're forgetting how late WWE is on most of their pop culture shit. I'm fully expecting some kind of Snakes on a Plane angle soon.
Posted Image

#393 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Where WWE is concerned, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have a Euro setup that permanently stays in storage there until it comes time for a tour. Regarding TNA, I think they do a more stripped down version (though not bare bones) when they're overseas. All they really need are some banners to hang from the ceiling, ring aprons, turnbuckle covers and a few other little set dressing pieces and they're good to go. The heavy stuff can just be rented otherwise.

Logistical stuff like this always intrigues me. Not just for wrestling but everything from security for overseas state visits to military operation setups and takedowns. The coordination required for these kind of efforts can just be astounding.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#394 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I really liked how TNA's last UK shows looked when they were on TV. It looked like wrestling.

#395 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:30 AM

Agreed. Some of the modern shows physically diminish the relevance of the wrestling because the set and design are so visually intrusive. I distinctly remember some really shitty camera angles at WM (last year? two years ago?) because of the "tent" they set above the ring and the posts in the crowd that went all the way up.

EDIT: Actually, there's something incidentally brilliant about not having all the crap - the cameras are focused on the *wrestlers* for the whole segment. I appreciate that.
Posted Image

#396 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Whenever TNA finally starts touring the nation every week, there ratings will see a boost.

The audience will be packed with wrestling fans, and not clueless tourists.

The people watching at home, through the miracle box, will see the crowd popping and pop themselves - a less sinister laugh track, but the same theory.

There's an overall sort of "down" vibe to Impact because of the crowd, in my opinion. Their reactions and lack of reaction really murder the product sometimes.

(The Impact Zone's "YOU STILL GOT IT" chant to Hardy was pretty painful. #-o)

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#397 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

In the "Really? Really? Really." Department:

Zack Ryder posted on Twitter announcing that he will perform his song "Hoeski" outside of the arena before the Royal Rumble PPV:

BREAKING NEWS! I will perform #Hoeski LIVE before WWE Royal Rumble outside the US Airways Arena

So that's about a year late...

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#398 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

They're murdering the character so he can redebut as a no-nonsense heel in 2013.

#399 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

There's an overall sort of "down" vibe to Impact because of the crowd, in my opinion. Their reactions and lack of reaction really murder the product sometimes.

Right. Same distinction WCW had comparing Nitro to "Saturday Night." Plus a company that tours and promotes keeps themselves locally relevant. Impact is still the biggest "regional" promotion out there.
Posted Image

#400 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

So TNA is doing a Gut Wrench contest which i dont know much about, but a friend of mine is doin it.

I will not hesitate to support him as he has worked his ass off to be in the industry and its the one thing he cares about.

I was hopin the people of CAG would help by voting for him. He is in Bracket 1 and his name is Mark Ptasnik.

http://www.impactwre...nt/k2/item/4021

Edited by 4thHorseman, 22 January 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#401 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

:lol: Actually, it's Gut Check. Gut wrenching is how some of those guys' wrestling could be described. ;)

Or if Jeremy Borasch is saying it it's
Spoiler

I'll throw him a vote.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#402 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:58 AM

I've heard of ringside tickets, but a ring ticket? #lazygarbagewriting

#403 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

The Rock's babyface pandering... :puke:

#404 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Good thing hockey's back. I no longer have to be ashamed of my television watching habits on Monday anymore.
Posted Image

#405 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

You missed the Team Hell No segment then? Lucky...

#406 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

I don't understand people. The same people in the crowd that boo the shit out of Cena for his stale ass crap cheer the hell out of Rock for the same lame, old, stupid shit. Ugh.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#407 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

You missed the Team Hell No segment then? Lucky...

I caught Rock singing songs to Vickie Guerrero, and decided I wasn't interested.
Posted Image

#408 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

Tensai getting a jobber entrance? First time I'm watching the full RAW and not just segments on Youtube or reading results.

#409 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

I turned the tv off when they went to break before the Cena promo. Two minutes later I turned it back on in case something happened. I'm a fucking idiot.

#410 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Pre-rumble brawl upcoming.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#411 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Turned on the ending of RAW only to watch Cena literally waste five minutes pandering to the crowd that was pretty much booing him out of the arena. Glad there isn't some important PPV coming up or anything that they need to promote. ;)

New sig coming soon.

#412 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

Tensai getting a jobber entrance? First time I'm watching the full RAW and not just segments on Youtube or reading results.

Tensai has been a jobber for months now. He was a complete and total bust.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#413 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Tensai has been a jobber for months now. He was a complete and total bust.

I think we all saw this coming.

He broke up a solid tag team with Karl Anderson but I'm glad he got his WWE money. Deserving. Hopefully this means Giant Bernard returns to Japan and takes out Goto. Not a fan of this Goto-Anderson team, but I'm glad Anderson is back in a tag team. Not a guy meant for a solo career.

#414 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:03 AM

I hope Ziggler wins the Rumble, as I think I hate all of the other confirmed entrants (23, so far), except for Bryan and Cesaro.

#415 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I was hoping they would do surprise guys in the Rumble..

axlrose4183.png

#416 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

From reports I've read,
Spoiler
are almost a certainty at this point. I've also read that
Spoiler
Spoiler
, and
Spoiler
have been contacted.

#417 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

They have 7 open spots. I would guess some of these:
Spoiler

#418 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

They have 7 open spots. I would guess some of these:

Spoiler

I would like to see none of those guys. Maybe one, but he did considerably better in TNA and should have stayed there.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#419 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Cena promo was something that would barely pass inspection at a house show. Rock was never a favorite even during his prime and he's not doing much to change my mind now with his "IT'S ABOUT ELECTRIFYING THE PEOPLE!!!" routine. In contrast, Punk's cartoonish supervillain disdain for the people is also fucking stupid. It's at the point where I enjoy Ryback promos the most because he can barely do one, so it's over in 30 seconds.

LOL at Miz trying to do the figure four, then doing an interview after where he said he was going to keep working on it and going back and watching tapes and consulting with Ric Flair until he perfected it. Yeah, sure. To borrow from a LOP article comment, I "perfected" the figure four when I was 8 years old. In a bounce house.
Posted Image

#420 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

Watched the Punk doc on Netflix this morning, and can't help but like the guy. Buying Joey Mercury's house for 6 figures so it didn't go to foreclosure is an extremely classy move.