The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#151 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Decent match for a gimmick match. It felt like a big time TV match due to the build in prior weeks. Ryback isn't as terrible as most people say. He's no Crispin Wah, but he's also no Khali.

#152 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

And Cesaro continues to amaze people around the world.

Late to the party, but I just watched him Neutralize Khali on Main Event.

Other than the Big Show, I think he's might as well call it a day on the "People I can Neutralize to Show How Fucking Crazy Strong I Am" showcase.

#153 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

Looking at what WWE threw up on YouTube. Nothing really catching my interest outside of seeing how the Kaitlyn-Eve feud is progressing, Punk-Rock, and Fandango.

Not that they matter, but Kaitlyn is pretty awkward in the ring. I think the feud works, tho. Rock-Punk promo: Excellent way to close the show. I know Rock takes the title some time this year—but I think Ryback should be the one to break Punk's streak. When Punk drops the title, it's gonna give a big push to whomever catches the win. Definitely more meaningful if Ryback gets the rub. I don't like the character and think he's boring—but I'd rather see them push new talent than Cena or Rock. It's not like a Del Rio situation where he got the shotgun too soon. If they put Ryback over Punk, it'll be a bit more credible.

#154 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

John Cena on the box of fruity pebbles makes complete sense. Id link but I am on my phone.

#155 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Watching that CM Punk and Rock exchange from Raw last night. Punk is so good on the mic. Just so good. As little as I get to watch the show anymore, I always forget how good he really is.

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#156 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

That closing segment just goes to show how awesome Punk is on the mic and how The Rock has become a walking anachronism.

#157 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I know it definitely won't happen...but "CM Punk kills all of the superheroes" sounds like a long term plan leading to a possible Austin or Undertaker WM match.

#158 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Great segment there. Thanks for the post.

Anybody else think of Shaun of the Dead seeing that red spot on CM Punk's shirt throughout the clip?

#159 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

Ryder going off again on Twitter

Last night on Raw, WWE posted a "The World Follows WWE On Twitter" list. The Rock, John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk were in the top four spots, while the Miz was in 5th place with 878,011 followers. This upset Zack Ryder, since he has 990,324 followers. Here is what he posted on Twitter last night…

So on #RAW it just showed the most followed superstars in @WWEand they just skipped me? #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO

Can @WWE read? I have 989k twitter followers. @mikethemiz has 879k. #AREYOUSERIOUSBRO #HMMM

The world follows me on twitter too. @WWE just doesn't want you to know. I have 100k followers more than @mikethemiz.pic.twitter.com/J6k3DFx0

Hey @WWE. Whose decision was it to leave me off the "The World Follows WWE On Twitter" list? You can just DM me the answer. I won't tell.

Hey @WWE…#RyderHasMoreFollowersThanMiz is trending worldwide. :) Sorry @mikethemiz.

http://www.411mania....List-on-Raw.htm

#160 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Well it's not like they can put him on TV even less.

Finally downloading all of the WWE 13 season pass content just in case it goes away when THQ explodes...I've already heard Justin Gabriel's theme 3 times at this menu.

EDIT - the Cesaro pack just popped up when I refreshed the menu.

Cesaro seems pretty faithful to reality though he has his debut look - plain black gear, no jacket, yellow entrance video. Neutralizer is the old style where he would switch hands after getting them into the piledriver position. Signatures are the Very European Uppercut off of an Irish Whip and his Karelin-ish gutwrench suplex from the front position.

Sandow's entrance is pretty fantastic and he has his flip-out Russian Legsweep as a signature but Terminus lacks the floatover. Elbow of Disdain doesn't seem to be in (at least as a signature)

Edited by diddy310, 08 January 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#161 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Smackdown for Friday

Spoiler

#162 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Man, that came out of nowhere. And it's on the front page of WWE's website so if you don't want it spoiled, don't go there.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#163 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Good, about time.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#164 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

Holy shit @ that Punk promo from Raw. That was great.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#165 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

That closing segment just goes to show how awesome Punk is on the mic and how The Rock has become a walking anachronism.

'Twas an excellent promo. He came close to saying without actually saying "You are all sheep who baa for whoever WWE wants you to baa for. You're all marks who spend your money on whoever WWE tells you to spend money on. It's become worse as the years proceed because WWE targets stupid little kids who don't know any better."

I'd like to see him cross that line. He's smart about how he phrases what he says. (Not that WWE would reprimand him.)

And The Rock has become a parody of himself. He's like a brown Hulk Hogan.

#166 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

In the "This will work out well" department from Mike Johnson @ pwinsider.com:

WWE Hall of Famer Tammy Sytch and independent wrestler Damian Darling have announced they have gotten engaged via their respective Facebook pages.

Darling had taken an order of protection out against Sytch during her first arrest earlier this year during a domestic issue. This led to Sytch being arrested a number of additional times (sometimes several days in a row) before Sytch went to rehab for treatment.

Obviously, they were able to work out their issues. We wish the couple well.

On her Facebook, Sytch wrote that she intends to leave pro wrestling and pursue a chiropractor's degree. She also noted her intentions to sell her WWE Hall of Fame ring. Sytch was the youngest inductee in WWE history when she was inducted in 2011.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#167 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I loved Punk throwing in the "boxing with God" line. I really hope he doesn't lose to Rock right away if they're going to go that way with it as I'd rather see their feud last a little longer.

#168 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

El Generico has signed with the WWE and will report to developmental in about a month.

#169 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:46 AM

El Generico has signed with the WWE and will report to developmental in about a month.

I'll let this sum up my feelings....

Spoiler

New sig coming soon.

#170 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Anybody have difficulty getting into the WWE 13 Shop menu to download the new superstars? I haven't been able to get in all night, it hangs on the loading screen.

#171 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Such a random title change on Smackdown. I don't know where they can go from here, to be honest. Weird decision.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#172 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

¡Olé! ¡Ono!

:puke:

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-The Office season 8
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#173 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

Such a random title change on Smackdown. I don't know where they can go from here, to be honest. Weird decision.

Spoiler

Edited by Trakan, 09 January 2013 - 05:12 PM.

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#174 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

Spoiler

That's the only solution I could think of. You might want to put that in spoilers though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#175 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Anybody have difficulty getting into the WWE 13 Shop menu to download the new superstars? I haven't been able to get in all night, it hangs on the loading screen.

I had problems earlier but eventually got em. Just keep trying, it seems that ever since Christmas Eve, the game's servers have been hammered during peak hours and only time I can download anything from CC is after midnight or early morning (guess all the kiddies got the game for Xmas and clogging up the servers).

---

Oh cmon Brak, out of all the people in here you'd be one of the last people I'd expect to post the spoiler. How hard is it for people to use spoiler tags? Jesus.

#176 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

And heeeere comes Marcus Abernathy!

#177 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Just the other day I was thinking that Ziggler should win the Rumble (who else is there.... Cena? Sheamus?), have a fluke loss/DQ at the end of his Mania match, and then cash in immediately, but the current title picture didn't really make sense for that to happen. I think this followed the discussion here about face Miz, which they almost had to do because of all the media events he's been doing. Miz is a lot like Jericho to me in the regard that he can sort of work as a face, maybe? But the ceilings for face Miz and face Jericho are a lot lower than heel Miz and heel Jericho.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#178 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

It actually took longer than I expected for someone to post the fucking spoiler without tags.

#179 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Y'all watch Smackdown live on Friday nights without reading spoilers or dirtsheets?

right.
Posted Image

#180 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

It will help generate buzz, especially with The Rock appearing on Smackdown. It's WrassleMania™ time, so any buzz is good buzz for them.

Y'all watch Smackdown live on Friday nights without reading spoilers or dirtsheets?

right.

this.

I got in immediately last night around 10:30 or so Central Time. Cesaro is a legitimate beast, definitely fits in with my play style. I have had trouble getting into Community Creations though ever since I bought the game last Tuesday... if I knew it would be a rehashed issue, I would not have wasted my money buying this year's game.