The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#181 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Such a random title change on Smackdown. I don't know where they can go from here, to be honest. Weird decision.

It just prompts a "wtf?" when told. There's very little built up to the match, no feud really between the two and their web site is already advertising the results. Sounds like they just needed to get the title off him.

Makes me wonder if the champ is injured, needed time off or violated their wellness policy(I doubt the last one, since there would be a suspension announced).

#182 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Ziggler still has another 6 months to cash in the MITB briefcase...just saying.

default.png2.png

#183 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Y'all watch Smackdown live on Friday nights without reading spoilers or dirtsheets?

right.

I do, tend to watch it while I'm doing my cardio at night. Same goes with whatever else is on from 9-10 pm

#184 SCMoney360

SCMoney360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ziggler still has another 6 months to cash in the MITB briefcase...just saying.

Crazy conspiracy theory, with a big gaping whole, but it's the wwe, and we all know how well they are at keeping their stories straight.... But here's my thinking, rock beats cena for the title, ziggler cashes in and beats rock. The end.

#185 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Just the other day I was thinking that Ziggler should win the Rumble (who else is there.... Cena? Sheamus?)

Cena/Sheamus/Orton will win the Rumble. I'd be happy if nearly anybody else on the roster besides those boring three won.

#186 Aldogg

Aldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

I'll let this sum up my feelings....

Spoiler

Bummer. I thought Bennett would be gone before him. WWE will put him in a comedy team with Santino by the end of the year.

#187 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

I got in immediately last night around 10:30 or so Central Time. Cesaro is a legitimate beast, definitely fits in with my play style. I have had trouble getting into Community Creations though ever since I bought the game last Tuesday... if I knew it would be a rehashed issue, I would not have wasted my money buying this year's game.

Finally got in myself. I'm really happy to have Damien Sandow in the game finally.

#188 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Let's hope Kevin Dunn has seen El Generico at some point before he hits WWE tv (or that he drops dead first), otherwise his career is gonna get Colt Cabana'd.
Posted Image

#189 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

For the SD Spoiler stuff...

Spoiler

#190 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Wrestling Observer is reporting that...
Spoiler

New sig coming soon.

#191 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'll let this sum up my feelings....

Spoiler

That would be my sentiment if Bully Ray went back to WWE.

I look forward to what wonky name WWE will give him. El Amigo, El Grande, Los Loco, Psicopata. Surely one of these will hit.

Edit: Los Tacos Amigos is actually a pretty amusing substitute.

#192 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even let him wear a mask.

"Now making his way to the ring, Stephen Wallace!"

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#193 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even let him wear a mask.

"Now making his way to the ring, Stephen Wallace!"

Making his way to the ring? Yeah, right. He'll be fed a steady diet of jobber entrances.

#194 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Making his way to the ring? Yeah, right. He'll be fed a steady diet of jobber entrances.

Good point.

"Already in the ring at this time..." (Because we're not giving 20 seconds of airtime to this jabroni.)

Of course, we're assuming they'll actually move him out of FCW after his deprogramming.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#195 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Quick, can we create a list of indy talent WWE has snatched up and ruined?

I'll start:
Paul London
Brian Kendrick
Posted Image

#196 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:19 AM

If you're believing the rumor sites, the WWE is also attempting to sign Mike Bennett, Sami Callahan, and Davey Richards.

The only indy talent I'd say was ruined/wasted is Cabana, but I think it's too soon to say for a lot of the others (Rollins, Moxley, Hero, Pac). Castagnoli and Danielson have been fantastic and Punk is probably the biggest star they've made in recent years who wrestled somewhere that wasn't WWE.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#197 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Quick, can we create a list of indy talent WWE has snatched up and ruined?

I'll start:
Paul London
Brian Kendrick

Does Low-Ki count? Though I'd make the argument he was less ruined and more squandered.

#198 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

I completely forgot Low-Ki was even in WWE.

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#199 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Does Kendrick really count? Seems like he fucked that up on his own pretty well.

#200 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

Does Kendrick really count? Seems like he fucked that up on his own pretty well.

Because he got high? Someone must believe in the wellness program, eh?
Posted Image

#201 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

I was loving Thee Brian Kendrick w/ Ezekiel Jackson as his bodyguard.

#202 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Low-Ki quit because he had no patience with the creative team. He wanted stories and action ASAP and they didn't have it for him because it took them by surprise he was getting over. This gels with some of the other rumors about Low-Ki's behavior in other companies.

As for other indy talent - WWE didn't screw Evan Bourne. Evan Bourne kinda screwed himself by loving the weed/synthetic weed like Brian Kendrick (and maybe Paul London?).

I don't think it's fair to say WWE has a record of screwing indy talent - they screw up with people in general, well known indy talent and dudes that just float into FCW. If Creative isn't on your side or if you aren't able to get over to the level WWE wants despite what WWE is doing to you, you're either going to tread water or be dead in the water. Guys that pretty much cut their teeth in WWE developmental, like Ryan Braddock (Brad Bradley on the indys now), were never given a real chance in WWE just the same as guys from the indys, like Colt Cabana, were never given a real chance by WWE.

#203 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Apparently TNA is now only doing four live PPVs a year now. They'll have taped PPVs in the months they don't have a live one.

New sig coming soon.

#204 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Apparently TNA is now only doing four live PPVs a year now. They'll have taped PPVs in the months they don't have a live one.

I just don't see taped PPVs selling well. I guess it depends on the delay from tape to broadcast to raise my interest. Also bad press can KILL a show rather easily.

#205 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Low-Ki quit because he had no patience with the creative team. He wanted stories and action ASAP and they didn't have it for him because it took them by surprise he was getting over. This gels with some of the other rumors about Low-Ki's behavior in other companies.

In a shoot interview I think I remember him saying he was released and didn't ask for it.

#206 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

In a shoot interview I think I remember him saying he was released and didn't ask for it.

Well, the dirt sheets at the time said he requested it:
http://www.wrestling.../535112/low-ki/

Seems odd WWE would just decide to release Kaval of all people after he won that season of NXT and was doing good enough on TV despite having no direction.

But apparently on the I Want Wrestling podcast he said he didn't ask for his release:
http://www.wrestling...my-release.html

But Dave Lasagna took all of those down. So who knows. Something doesn't add up.

#207 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Apparently Kidd blew out his knee and is on the shelf for 10 month sto a year.

http://www.cagesides...up-to-10-months

#208 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I just don't see taped PPVs selling well. I guess it depends on the delay from tape to broadcast to raise my interest. Also bad press can KILL a show rather easily.

http://www.impactwre...r-View-Strategy

Honestly if the price on these specials are cheap and the shows themselves are good then TNA will probably do decent on them if not better than whatever monthly live PPV they would of had in those months. Not to mention TNA can now really build up each of the major PPVs they are now running in terms of storylines and what not while still having some kind of PPV to fulfill whatever contracts they have with the cable/sat companies during the rest of the year.

Edit: $14.99 for the taped specials. Live PPVs will be $34.99. Hopefully TNA will have it so HD isn't $10 extra.

Edited by Demolition Man, 11 January 2013 - 12:44 AM.

New sig coming soon.

#209 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I don't understand this logic. TNA still has to put out a 3 hour show on PPV every month. In order to get people to pay for it, they are going to have to put on matches people want to see. A mean nothing tournament or showcase of the X-Division isn't going to cut it every month. I don't see what they are trying to accomplish, other than cutting overall costs to put on live PPVs every month.

default.png2.png

#210 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

4 builds per year is an adventurous strategy. I hope they succeed with it; I like it.
Posted Image