The Santa's Slay Wrestling Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
509 replies to this topic

#211 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

If you're old enough, remember back to when WWE just did RR, WM, SS and Survivor. Those were all major events. Granted, it was definitely a different time, pre-internet and all that, but hopefully this move will put some prestige back into PPV's. Also, they had all better be away from the Impact Zone. If not, that would definitely hurt the attempts to make them seem special.

Also, I was wondering why there was such an early push for Lockdown in March with no mention of the February PPV. This explains it.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#212 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Bully Ray proposed to Brooke Hogan because of fucking course he did, it's TNA. Two steps forward, ten steps back.

#213 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Bully Ray proposed to Brooke Hogan because of fucking course he did, it's TNA. Two steps forward, ten steps back.

I think they're gearing up for a
Spoiler

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#214 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

It's that time of year again. Go vote: http://www.wrestlecr...go-oker-awards/ (remove the hyphen from between the O's).

#215 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Ten steps back for one questionable segment? Come on now.

Now playing (& watching):
:ps3:-Binary Domain
:br:-Game of Thrones season 1
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#216 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

So Bubba's the Zach Ryder of TNA now? Is he going to take forever to change a flat and get beat up by Abyss?

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#217 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

So Bubba's the Zach Ryder of TNA now? Is he going to take forever to change a flat and get beat up by Abyss?

Following that logic then would that mean Brooke really wants to screw Sting?
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#218 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

They survived the first decade of TNA, as well as Claire Lynch last year. This story may be trash, but (1) they'll be fine, and (2) did the story take a sudden turn from non-trash to trash? Not really; most of us probably couldn't give a Fuck about it in the first place given the Hogan:Non-Hogan ratio. So yeah.

It stinks that they're doing this with Bully Ray, who deserves to be rewarded with in-ring prominence given his hard work over the past few years. But it's not the end of the company; shame it's a reminder that they're still capable of stupid stuff.
Posted Image

#219 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

LOP says Trent Barreta was released and more shitcannings are on the way. I admit I couldn't pick that guy out of a lineup of two.
Posted Image

#220 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Was he the one with the top hat and cane or magic wand or some shit? Or maybe that was Hawkins. One of them retired, I think. I guess they're both out of a job now.

edit: Now that I think about it, Hawkins and Tyler Reks might've been the team I was thinking of. I guess I still don't know who the Fuck Barreta is.

Edited by pitfallharry219, 12 January 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#221 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

Only Barretta I know anything about is this one:

Spoiler

Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#222 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

WWE officially announced that Mick Foley is being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.

#223 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

It's that time of year again. Go vote: http://www.wrestlecr...go-oker-awards/ (remove the hyphen from between the O's).

Aces & Eights is one of the nominees..? Really?

#224 Purple Flames

Purple Flames

MC Sucka DJ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

LOP says Trent Barreta was released and more shitcannings are on the way. I admit I couldn't pick that guy out of a lineup of two.

I had to google him to remember who he actually was. I saw his face and his shitty surfer theme instantly sprung into my head.

#225 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

I had to google him to remember who he actually was. I saw his face and his shitty surfer theme instantly sprung into my head.

#226 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

Trent Barreta is really talented in the ring. You'd have to track down some of his few matches from old episodes of Superstars to see that though. His "video game playing slacker dude" gimmick wasn't the best, but he actually seemed to get into it as opposed to his previously-Future-Endeavored-ex-partner Caylen Croft. But I mean, the guy is like 6 feet 200 lbs - what's WWE going to do with him? There are only so many "small quick happy over face" spots on the roster. If he has been released, hopefully he'll find his way to the X-Division or to ROH/DragonGate/Whatever.

#227 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

4 builds per year is an adventurous strategy. I hope they succeed with it; I like it.

I love the idea.

First and foremost, PPV is a dying dinosaur. Unless you're high-profile boxing, WWE, or UFC, your chances of profiting from PPV money is low. No joke: I think WWE wants their own cable channel because someone realizes that PPV is a relic of a past era. That's also why Zuffa has their seven(?)-year contract with FOX and has been putting up stellar fights on free television.

Ideally, TNA would get a broadcast contract with YouTube. I've heard rumbles that YouTube is a few years away from stirring up shit. We shall see.

What I love about this four PPVs a year concept is that they will be one-shots. Things they would never regularly do. As Neocisco said, this is reminiscent to what WWE did many moons ago. And truly, it's nothing out-of-the-ordinary. WWE's Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, TLC, Survivor Series PPVs are one-shot PPVs. Surely, I don't have to elaborate.

Interesting twist with the Bully Ray angle. I'm still expecting a return to heel for Ray. Setting up a Hogan-Ray match somewhere down the road. And I saw that Brian Cage-Taylor might be working for TNA. That would be a great steal by TNA. Cage is fantastic. Can't believe WWE didn't promote him from FCW.

#228 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:34 AM

For whatever its worth, Brian Cage is Joey Ryan's roommate (along with Johnny Goodtime). Pretty great to see him on Impact.

#229 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Never seen him cut a promo. Pretty good.

That last Extreme Rising PPV looked really good, from what I've seen.

#230 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Interesting twist with the Bully Ray angle. I'm still expecting a return to heel for Ray. Setting up a Hogan-Ray match somewhere down the road.

Spoiler

#231 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Late to the party, but I just watched him Neutralize Khali on Main Event

Other than the Big Show, I think he's might as well call it a day on the "People I can Neutralize to Show How Fucking Crazy Strong I Am" showcase.

At this point, I think it should end with another man who is also known for being incredibly strong. A returning Mark Henry would be my pick.

I wish they never had Cesaro lost to Ryback via pinfall on Smackdown. Their confrontation on Raw with Cesaro's countout would have been a good way to tease a future feud between the two.

----------------------------

I like the limited PPV idea with TNA, but I wish they would stop taping their shows. I would easily watch more TNA (and Smackdown for that matter) if they aired live.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#232 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

I like the limited PPV idea with TNA, but I wish they would stop taping their shows. I would easily watch more TNA (and Smackdown for that matter) if they aired live.

Impact for the most part has been live for the past six months or so.

New sig coming soon.

#233 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Uh, yeah thanks for that...

Anyways, anyone know a good place to find WWE 13 CAW wrestlers, but where they have written instructions and not videos?

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#234 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Great title for thread ;)

Anyways went to Smackdown this past week and it was a blast.. great main event and made it on tv plenty. Finally got camera side.

So just random q's. Is Lesnar coming back or was him leaving legit?

1080i is for douchebags

#235 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Spoiler

#236 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

Apparently TNA is now only doing four live PPVs a year now. They'll have taped PPVs in the months they don't have a live one.

Why not just stick with the 4 live ppvs? Are the taped ones necessary?

1080i is for douchebags

#237 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Spoiler

Thanks! How about Taker? Havent really kept up too much lately

1080i is for douchebags

#238 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

He's on the poster for Wrestlemania. So it's assumed that he'll have some role at the PPV. Plus I thought he had a one year contract that would expire after WM?

Why not just stick with the 4 live ppvs? Are the taped ones necessary?

No one knows why they're doing taped ones yet. It's bad enough for ratings for taped events on basic cable, but it's a nightmare for PPV sales.

Not to mention they just taped their first PPV for it, but it won't air until May. It just seems moronic to tape them that far in advance that anyone with internet access will know months ahead what is happening.

#239 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Noticed this earlier today. I'm surprised no one posted

http://www.wwe.com/v...ersity-26083612

1080i is for douchebags

#240 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

If you're playing WWE '13, the next DLC will be out this Monday (huzzah to Cesaro!):

- The next Downloadable Content pack for WWE ’13 will be released on Monday at 5pm (EST) and will include the following playable characters:

* Damien Sandow
* Antonio Cesaro
* Jimmy Uso
* Jey Uso
* Brian Pillman
* Chainsaw Charlie

Downloaded these today.

Someone asked earlier but is this really the last dlc pack? Was really hoping for Sid.

Also noticed some caw's today are showing up with real pictures. When I asked about this for wwe12, someone mentioned it was a hack. Guessing the found a way to do it this year.

1080i is for douchebags