Retro City Rampage Vita and PS3 free for PS+ XMAS

Looking at all the good sales this week on ps store makes my head hurt..Going to buy all the vita games and then some. The retro city rampage demo i played on my vita was fun so i will d/l it for sure.

@Havok83 From now until 12/30 according to the ps blog.

On a related note: Does anyone know if this game is 'cross play' compatible? I.E. is Retro Rampage one of those games where your PS3 save file automatically gets sent to your Vita and back to your PS3 so your progress is the same on both platforms??

PS+ is actually stopping me from buying games. I don't know if this is Sony's intent, but I held off on RCR and now I'm glad I did, and I will continue to hold off on future games.

[quote name='Tom Ato']PS+ is actually stopping me from buying games. I don't know if this is Sony's intent, but I held off on RCR and now I'm glad I did, and I will continue to hold off on future games.[/QUOTE]

Same here. This is why I have not bought Journey yet even thought its going on sale for the 2nd time.

[quote name='BetaDemo']@Havok83 From now until 12/30 according to the ps blog.

On a related note: Does anyone know if this game is 'cross play' compatible? I.E. is Retro Rampage one of those games where your PS3 save file automatically gets sent to your Vita and back to your PS3 so your progress is the same on both platforms??[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is. It's not automatic though. You have to go into the game, and select cross-save. Then it'll instantly upload to the cloud.

Y for somethi.g [quote name='flameofdoom666']This is actually a free game to keep once your PS+ runs out, right?[/QUOTE]

Prob not. I seriously dont understand.what's so hard for people to understand about plus. If its FREE, u own it until your plus membership runs out, and it comes back if you renew it. If you pay for anything that is a plus discount, its yours, forever, no matter what.

[quote name='Tom Ato']PS+ is actually stopping me from buying games. I don't know if this is Sony's intent, but I held off on RCR and now I'm glad I did, and I will continue to hold off on future games.[/QUOTE]
It probably works out for them. I never purchased many PSN games anyway. Now they get a guaranteed $50 from me every year, that they never would have gotten without PS+. The only content I purchase is DLC and the sales have made that more likely. Im sure this is likely the case with alot of others as well

[quote name='Slight Defect']Y for somethi.g

Prob not. I seriously dont understand.what's so hard for people to understand about plus. If its FREE, u own it until your plus membership runs out, and it comes back if you renew it. If you pay for anything that is a plus discount, its yours, forever, no matter what.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, however the way it is listed here is a little misleading.

Retro City Rampage (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)
Retro City Rampage PS Vita (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)

It looked like it was some sort of holiday bonus that it is yours to keep forever or something... was just wondering... relax.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I understand that, however the way it is listed here is a little misleading.

Retro City Rampage (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)
Retro City Rampage PS Vita (Sale: $10.49, PS Plus: Free, Regular: $14.99)

It looked like it was some sort of holiday bonus that it is yours to keep forever or something... was just wondering... relax.[/QUOTE]

I see what you refer to, but it will not be a keep forever game. The way to confirm is it when you go to purchase it in store, you will be given a "warning" that the game is available only during your PS+ subscription.

I feel the same way as you. Ever since I got the AC:L Vita bundle from Amazon on BF, I've bought zero games.

[quote name='EvilIA']I see what you refer to, but it will not be a keep forever game. The way to confirm is it when you go to purchase it in store, you will be given a "warning" that the game is available only during your PS+ subscription.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification!

Any idea when the store updates this week and when this goes free? Right now the game is removed from the PS vita store.

On my vita there are some games that are under "your instant game collection" yet aren't free or even discounted.

Escape plan
Little big planet vita
Rayman origins

Another reason to be happy that I'm a PS+ member. Just waiting till Journey and/or Unfinished Swan are part of the instant game collection.

I bought this game at full price and it was worth every penny.

Btw, it appears to be free now, at least on the Vita storefront.

I'm going through the same thing. I rarely buy anything on PSN now because I know eventually I'll get it for free/discounted. I appreciate Sony for doing it, but it seems like they're screwing themselves out of my money.

[quote name='Romeo']Any idea when the store updates this week and when this goes free? Right now the game is removed from the PS vita store.

On my vita there are some games that are under "your instant game collection" yet aren't free or even discounted.

Escape plan
Little big planet vita
Rayman origins[/QUOTE]

I guess since they were on sale last week.

lets b honest with ourselve: this game look like crap that is y it is free.u guy will jus waste hard drive spac donlod it. this is not insult 2 op 4 postin rather the maker of game 4 putting out crap and then try 2 "xcuse it" by doin it free 2 play. sorrey i do not fall 4 it. thx 4 tryin op....

also u mihgt want 2 let every1 knpo it is not 4 PSN BASIC USER it is 4 PSN PLUS user wich is ps3 equal of xbox live menain u have 2 PAY 4 IT so its not even relly a "free" game if u think bout it.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']great game if you were born in the 80s, lot of nods to NES games.[/QUOTE]
let face it this is not 80 ne more this is 2013 soon w dont care about crap from past "shovelware" i onoly care about "classic" from 80s like mario zelda etc

[quote name='DietPepsi']also u mihgt want 2 let every1 knpo it is not 4 PSN BASIC USER it is 4 PSN PLUS user wich is ps3 equal of xbox live menain u have 2 PAY 4 IT so its not even relly a "free" game if u think bout it.[/QUOTE]

Why do I feel like banging my head on the desk when I read your posts?

[quote name='GT']Why do I feel like banging my head on the desk when I read your posts?[/QUOTE]

Because this idiotic and illiterate poster is banging their head against the keyboard when they type. So the only way to fully understand the post is to re-enact the process.

[quote name='DietPepsi']let face it this is not 80 ne more this is 2013 soon w dont care about crap from past "shovelware" i onoly care about "classic" from 80s like mario zelda etc[/QUOTE]

Oh, pepsiman/Newbern/namispep/1961/DietPepsi/TravisCharest...

I'm anxiously awaiting your blog post.

[quote name='Mixer236']Oh, pepsiman/Newbern/namispep/1961/DietPepsi/TravisCharest...

I'm anxiously awaiting your blog post.[/QUOTE]
never herd of those guy they sound good tho.. who r they? they have good taste in drink... lol... jus my opion u r prob a "coke" fan or "faygo" or "diet generic s*** soda".... also i can "slander" u 2 u r "iamcheapestgamre" how does it feel wen some1 slander u its noit so funey.

[quote name='DietPepsi']never herd of those guy they sound good tho.. who r they? they have good taste in drink... lol... jus my opion u r prob a "coke" fan or "faygo" or "diet generic s*** soda".... also i can "slander" u 2 u r "iamcheapestgamre" how does it feel wen some1 slander u its noit so funey.[/QUOTE]

You know Powerade is the best.

Disappointed that i bought Retro city. LOoks like i will no longer be buying any vita games since they are going on PS+ almost immediately.

[quote name='Mixer236']You know Powerade is the best.[/QUOTE]
powerade is b the cocacola company smarta** GATORADE IS GOOD

[quote name='DietPepsi']never herd of those guy they sound good tho.. who r they? they have good taste in drink... lol... jus my opion u r prob a "coke" fan or "faygo" or "diet generic s*** soda".... also i can "slander" u 2 u r "iamcheapestgamre" how does it feel wen some1 slander u its noit so funey.[/QUOTE]

It is *literally* impossible for someone to "slander" you on these fourms.

L vs S.

[quote name='Romeo']Any idea when the store updates this week and when this goes free? Right now the game is removed from the PS vita store.

Escape plan
Little big planet vita
Rayman origins[/QUOTE]

They were on sale last week; I was actually just about to jump on Escape Plan today but they took the sale down today (which was advertised, but I'd assumed it would be tuesday like normal).

the store hasn't fully updated today though, so my guess is these will fall off the list in the afternoon.

[quote name='DietPepsi']also u mihgt want 2 let every1 knpo it is not 4 PSN BASIC USER it is 4 PSN PLUS user wich is ps3 equal of xbox live menain u have 2 PAY 4 IT so its not even relly a "free" game if u think bout it.[/QUOTE]

u nd to tipe btr els pps will hv no idee wht u say. + thn thy thnk u stpd.

Already? It wasn't released that long ago. I need to stop buying from PSN it seems like 2/3 of my purchases come out on Plus.

bread's done
Back