GameStop Ad 12/26-12/29: 50% Extra Credit on Games; Double Credit on Systems

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#31 MRamirez181

MRamirez181

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Anyone know how much you get for a 250 GB PS3 super slim? Got it on black friday because I didn't have a ps3 and I was looking to get it for the ps3 exclusives. The fact that it came with 4 exclusive titles I was interested in and the blu ray player got me to buy it for 200 bucks, but now I kinda wish I had just bought a cheap 40-60 dollar blu ray player.

#32 buffdrew84

buffdrew84

Used PSI Cheapness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

Read through the thread but didn't see a definitive answer. Trade in on a 3ds is 100 bucks now?

Grizzly Bear says

"Mo Honey Mo Problems"

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#33 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Here is the thread for trade-in value reports: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332332

Answering the previous 2 posts:
250 GB PS3 is $90 base ($180 with promo)
3DS is $50 base ($100 with promo)

Of course this could change and the trade in base values goes lower as we speak, usual GS tactics with this kind of promos.
Posted Image

#34 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

This came at a good time. I have some PS2 games that didn't sell during a lowball that I was looking to get rid of. Thanks, OP.
Posted Image

#35 KishPrime

KishPrime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

What the? This is the first time in almost 10 years that GS hasn't run a straight B2G1 after Christmas, as far as I can remember.

So much for all the credit I've been saving...

#36 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

What the? This is the first time in almost 10 years that GS hasn't run a straight B2G1 after Christmas, as far as I can remember.

So much for all the credit I've been saving...

You're right. Every year they open at like 7 or 8 am the day after Christmas and have a B2G1 sale on everything. I guess it's payback for having a few deals this season. I'm on the fence about unloading my original 3ds with physical Mario Kart for the XL with digital Mario Kart.

#37 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

The pdf is not loading for me.

Is it b2g1 on just normal DS games? I was hoping to nab a few 3DS games and didn't know if it applied to those as well.

Regular DS games only. Fine print states "Offer not valid toward Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, or GameCube games."

#38 KishPrime

KishPrime

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Meh. Now I have to question my entire philosophy on asking for Gamestop gift cards for Christmas. The B2G1 post-Christmas was a perfect way to fill in my holes from the year.

#39 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

There will be a post x-mas b2g1 according to a manager I spoke with. He said it is pushed back, but it will happen.

#40 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

There will be a post x-mas b2g1 according to a manager I spoke with. He said it is pushed back, but it will happen.

I heard the same thing from my buddy (manager)

#41 Midnight Express

Midnight Express

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Does anyone know if I would get the 4GB trade-in value for a Gears of War Xbox 360 without the hard drive?

#42 ChuckyDJ

ChuckyDJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

80 GB(Most Software BC w/ 4 USB) - $85 (10/21/12)

Hope this is still the price when the bonus comes up.

#43 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Does anyone know if I would get the 4GB trade-in value for a Gears of War Xbox 360 without the hard drive?

Does the GOW 360 have internal memory? If not, I wonder if they would even take it without a hard drive.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#44 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Yeah the Slim 360's sold w/prepackaged hard drive have no memory chip on them and have to be sold with the hard drive.

#45 Midnight Express

Midnight Express

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

Yeah the Slim 360's sold w/prepackaged hard drive have no memory chip on them and have to be sold with the hard drive.

I didn't think about that. I was thinking about keeping the hard drive sine there only seems to be a few dollars difference in trade-in value between the 4GB and the 320GB, which seems odd as the hard drive sells for so much.

#46 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

What has to be traded in with a wii? Nun chuck or just wiimote, wired target, stand, power cord and av cables? Thanks.

#47 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

What do you need to trade in with the OG Fat 360? If it doesn't have internal memory? They will still take it without a hard drive?

#48 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:24 AM

I would just sell it. It's worth more than the trade-in value.

#49 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

What do you need to trade in with the OG Fat 360? If it doesn't have internal memory? They will still take it without a hard drive?

I traded one a few months ago with no hard drive. The rub is the required controller trade in; the whole thing was worth about the price of one new wireless controller.

#50 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

I traded one a few months ago with no hard drive. The rub is the required controller trade in; the whole thing was worth about the price of one new wireless controller.

Oops also forgot to ask about a/v component cables? Thanks again for the response.

#51 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:53 AM

Game Stop employee told me they would accept the 360 slim without the HD. I need to trade in mine but I need the HD. I hope I still can.

#52 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Might trade in my 500gb assassins creed ps3. I bought it, because the Gamestop employee said they would all sell out before black friday. Hopefully I can get $250 trade in for it with this deal!

#53 iiSaviour

iiSaviour

RIP In Peace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

50% trade in on all games? Goodbye Assassin's Creed Liberation!

#54 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Oops also forgot to ask about a/v component cables? Thanks again for the response.

Av cables are also required.

#55 maggotsai

maggotsai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

Has anyone sold an RROD Xbox 360 (Not slim) without a HDD, if so what's the value on it? Every time I ask ask they tell me you'll have to bring in the console to find out.

#56 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:22 AM

Has anyone sold an RROD Xbox 360 (Not slim) without a HDD, if so what's the value on it? Every time I ask ask they tell me you'll have to bring in the console to find out.

My local gamestops would not take rrod or e74 consoles. Probably a national policy.

#57 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

My local gamestops would not take rrod or e74 consoles. Probably a national policy.

It says right on the bottom of the trades page on GS.com that they take broken systems.

#58 Crazydom

Crazydom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

So anyone know the limit on the games to get the deal?

Is it $2 like usual?

#59 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

So anyone know the limit on the games to get the deal?

Is it $2 like usual?

There usually is no minimum limit on % deals. That's only for "trade 3, get $10 extra" type deals.
tl

#60 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:23 AM

It says right on the bottom of the trades page on GS.com that they take broken systems.

I've been told that it is at the DMs discretion when I brought that up in store.