CAGcast #308: Make That Car Yours

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

Like most of your shows I noticed a joke that wombat threw out that was not acknowledged. Time travel was brought up and Wombat asked if everyone was named Calvin Klein. It took me a few seconds for it to register and made me smile, so I'm just hear to let Wombat know that I got it. Not sure if Ship and Cheap didnt hear you, thought it wasn't funny, dont like you, or all of the above. I'm going with all of the above. ;)
Posted Image

#32 deathmothon

deathmothon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

Where the hell is Shipwreck from? 3 hours from Cincy into KY is my neck of the woods, depending on which direction he's going. SE KY and W KY are the only places 3 hours out from Cincy.

#33 MisterG

MisterG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Please all stick with X-Com. It really is a fantastic game!

Anyway, I wanted to add to the discussion on the PS Store. It's interesting that Ship likes the new PS store, because I agree with the person that asked the question - on the whole they made the store worse. Don't get me wrong, I like the pretty overlay image thing. And the new design does make it clearer that they sell movies and TV shows too, which I suppose is the main point of the re-design.

However, I think it is a lot slower - especially the filter search. And that really annoys me. Actually, what I really want is a quick way to see what is new for the games I own. Then if there is new DLC for a game I like, I can buy it right away. I don't like having to go look up each game to check. Especially with that crappy filter system.

What do others think of the new store?

#34 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

You've got a sweet-ass home theater setup with your console half a mile away from your couch, and when the controller dies, you wanna just swap out a battery dealy and keep going.

That's what I love about the 360 controllers. Plus its a pretty versatile setup - you can basically chose how you want it to work: regular batteries, your own rechargeables, a rechargeable pack, or a play and charge kit. Personally I just have a quick charger and slap in a fresh pack when my current pack dies.

For my PS3 controllers I just hook'em up to my pc's usb hub. I can't stand having my controller hooked up to the PS3 while trying to play from the couch.

Edited by bickle, 03 January 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#35 animefreak5445

animefreak5445

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

on the show they talk about not really caring about the vita in my point of view sony needs to give up and home console market and just move to just handheld devices cause the ps3 was the most hackable and gliched console out there sony time and time agin has shown that there consoles are a second thought as to the handheld consoles have been the first as a gamer i found that after psx and ps2 sony have leaned to working harder on the psp and psvita the pspgo was not the best idea but was still a good peice of hardware so in all there are better consoles like PC and xbox and the wiiu out there in all Nintendo is the best of japan gaming and pc is a big platfrom for japaness games so in all sony home console is a dieing one and makeing a new console may be a bad idea as a gamer how love japaness games i have ad a lot of time with the Ps3 and Ps2, PSx ,psp,psvita i find that to me the handhelds run better and are what i have the most fun on i have play the psp and psvita for hours on end and the ps3 for just as long adn in my time i found it to be less fun on the ps3 the ps2 was a ok console it had fun games and not as many issuses tat all changed when it came to hacking when it comes to sony there are the most hacked gameing platform in the world but im going to stop at this cause in the end this is just what I think in all sony is to centered on internet and music and tv then on the games and gaming with a lot of better home console choices Like xbox and Pc and Nintendo there are better things to spend your money on this does not mean not to go for the handheld sony platforms with a host of good and hardcore games on a handhelds sony has one of the best handhelp market but price is to shy away from and in the end Nintendo can has just as many hardcore handheld games like 999 and more in all it caome down to price and hard ware.....and the fact i have no life cause i just typed all thing for no realy reason >.<

#36 blazsox

blazsox

Night Prowler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Just a heads up Cheapy, regarding your PS3 controllers. You can charge them up via your laptop. My laptop is near where I sit when I game, so I just plug my controller into there to charge while I game. I've tried one of those mophie external batteries that I use for my iPhone and iPad, but that doesnt work.
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
:ps3: NBA 2K13
:360: Forza Motorsport 4
Posted Image Lego City Undercover

#37 tdog

tdog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I would like to report animefreak5445 to the grammar police. That is, hands down, the worst use of punctuation I've ever seen in my life. Can a moderator clean that up please?

#38 animefreak5445

animefreak5445

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Yep i suck at gammer >.<:bouncy::D

#39 MisterG

MisterG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

@ tdog and animefreak5445

I have to say that reading animefreak5445's post gave me a headache. It reminded me of reading Virginia Woolf - and that is not a good thing.

"Stream-of-consciousness writing is usually regarded as a special form of interior monologue and is characterized by associative leaps in thought and lack of punctuation."
http://en.wikipedia....narrative_mode)

Anyway, I think what animefreak was trying to say was:

In my view, Sony should actually give up on the PS3 (and PS4) and just focus on handheld devices, because they are more fun to play and have fewer problems. I think this would help Sony because they are trying to do too many things - such as music and TV, and can't sort out all the issues with the PS3. However, they need to do something about their prices too.

Is that about right?

If so, I disagree. A lot. I think everyone knows the Vita is not doing well (despite being pretty good), whereas the PS3 is doing very well after a slow start. As long as Sony gets the PS4 out around the same times as the next Xbox and doesn't set the price too high, it should hopefully do alright. Just focusing on handhelds would basically be suicide for Sony.

Sadly, I think Sony got a lot of things wrong with the Vita. Mainly assuming that everyone would be prepared to pay so much for the games. I think they are finally getting some cheaper, smaller games out now - games perfect for handheld devices. But I just think most people would rather just play games on their phones than pay for a new gadget.

#40 animefreak5445

animefreak5445

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yep about what i was trying to say.:bouncy::3ds:

#41 animefreak5445

animefreak5445

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

And i have always been better at saying what i mean then at writing or typing it.

#42 SylentHavok

SylentHavok

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Guys, vacation time is over, where's the next podcast lol?
Posted Image