MP3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakingcustoms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I'm looking for a really good, inexpensive MP3 player. Something I can leave in my car without having to worry about weather effecting it. I was told the original Zune may be worth looking in to.

My price range is under $100 and I'm looking for at least 4+ GB storage space. I've even considered getting an HTC Flyer/Evo View (Android 7" tablet) and using one of those.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Decided that older tablets may be worth looking into due to pricing

Last edited by a moderator:
I think nowadays mp3 players are cheap enough to be disposable. If it breaks because of weather or whatever, it's pretty simple to just buy an extra. If you buy it ahead of time you can have it ready when you need it.

I guess what you're trying to avoid is the inconvenience of having to reload your mp3s if it breaks. Is that it?

A Zune would be fine as it is very sturdy and difficult to break. I once dropped mine from the top floor onto pavement and suffered only a few scratches on the surface (I had a screen protector on it). However, the Walkman 8gb is the best mp3 player i ever used. I carry it around everywhere and not a single thing is wrong with it. You can generally find these for about $80 on Amazon or less on eBay

I have a Sanza Fuze, it's not too shabby; gets some radio too, reasonably. Not sure if I'd recommend it; I scratched the hell out of that screen (Though I didn't have a screen protector).

You said you were interested in getting an android. Not all people use them as a phone; I have a Dell Streak that I use for music, videos, emulators, & my Japanese studies, & it works just fine. If you could go that route (with a screen protector, of course), that should do you the job. Get a strong car mount set up with that too, & you'd be set. It'll need charging, like everything else...but whatever. You can get a car-charger for it if you want, & that could probably fix any of the electrical issues, if you're in for a long drive or etc.

On another note; weather? What kind of weather?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the Sansa Clip for a long time and really like it :) I also have a refurbished Ipod Mini that I got off Ebay for $35 a couple years ago that works really well and still holds a good charge. Although they aren't touch screen like a Galaxy player / Zune would be.

For the money, I'd recommend a Sony Walkman. They have superior sound compared to the ones mentioned, as well as superior builds (especially compared to the Sandisk players). The interfaces are nicer too in my opinion, and they come with much better headphones out the box as well. It probably wont be as cheap as a Sansa but it'll probably last longer.

I wouldn't recommend any HDD Zune. If you're going that route, get a flash based model.

I have an original Zune. I used it in cars once or twice and I'd advise against it. The sound through the first party car port is great, however, the glass screen makes browsing and selecting albums a pain if its gets too sunny. And I'm not even talking about doing it while driving, as I don't drive. But when I walk, I sometimes have to stop and cup my hand over the screen or try to remember an album cover.

Plus, the price is not that great last time I checked. I only have mine as I got it free from Club Live years ago.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Big fan of the sansa Clip, or Sana Fuze (if you can find them)[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Sansa series are really nice and very cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back