amazon.ca's craptastic boxing day "deals"

[quote name='Lockescythe']theres some okay gaming related book deals. Hyrule historia preorder is 33% off.[/QUOTE]

Huh? I preordered it months ago @ 41% off ($23.16), and that's the price it looks like it's still sitting at.

I ordered Hyrule Historia at the end of November and it was $23.16. So that's definitely not any cheaper.

Yeah I ordered the Hirule Historia at the beginning of September for about that price, can't remember if it was the same or not, amazon automatic price adjustment and all. Overall I've found boxing day deals this year quite terrible. Hell, I've only bough one game so far during the Steam holiday sale, what the hell is that about.

My order was in August when it popped up, and I keep tabs on my preorders/costs.

And yeah, these sales are junk. It's nothing but prices we've all seen before. Heck some are higher, $40 for Resident Evil 6? Bestbuy had a grand opening sale here recently and was selling it for $30.

The only thing I'm going out for is Skyrim. I had a brother buy me a full(?) priced copy for Christmas, so a buy/swap/return is needed to price correct.

Forza Horizon LE for $30 seems pretty hot to me. I would've been pretty happy with the regular edition for that price, but a bonus Steelbook and DLC just sweetens the deal.

I got an e-mail from Amazon.ca about a "sale" of New Super Mario Bros. 2 for the 3DS for $50. To be fair, the price was from their marketplace, but I'm not sure why they thought that was so important they had to e-mail it to me.

[quote name='Nukkus']LAWL at Saints Row The Third, 16 cents off.[/QUOTE]

That seriously made me laugh. Thanks for pointing it out, haha.

Picked up Forza Horizon LE. I wanted to pick up it from SDM for $20 (regular edition), but couldn't find it anywhere.

[quote name='Shinn23']Well the deals these year for games just suck all around to be honest.[/QUOTE]
Only dealer this year making me happy was Witches 2 Mega Edition $20

Just popping in from Maryland to say that this thread has the best title I've seen on CAG, and we've suffered through some terrible, awful, no good Amazon Gold Box "deals" down here in the states, and we feel your pain.

Anytime you can fit "craptastic" into a thread title=okay in my book.

[quote name='jeffx']Was hoping for some good 3DS deals, but NOPE. [/QUOTE]

Ugh tell me about it. All I want is Paper Mario or Kid Icarus Uprising for under $30 but that's too much to ask for it seems. Can't really blame them since Nintendo first party games sell like hotcakes for years after release.

[quote name='CoachHines']Ugh tell me about it. All I want is Paper Mario or Kid Icarus Uprising for under $30 but that's too much to ask for it seems. Can't really blame them since Nintendo first party games sell like hotcakes for years after release.[/QUOTE]

Paper Mario has been $29.99 for a month at Best Buy. I think Futureshop has it on sale for that price as well.

[quote name='Heartless18']Paper Mario has been $29.99 for a month at Best Buy. I think Futureshop has it on sale for that price as well.[/QUOTE]

When I say under $30 I'm thinking $20-$25. Paper Mario has been $30 many times because it didn't do too well critically so Nintendo panicked and has $10 off promotions on it every other week.

$20 is my magic price point for most games. Less, say $10-15 max, if it's a B grade title or something that's only going to be added to my backlog pile for some time to come.

At 20$ I'll give many random games a shot. At 10$, I'll go out of my way to get them, even in the middle of a workday. Anything above that, it's gotta be from Atlus, NISA, Xseed, etc.

[quote name='ragnar14']And yeah, these sales are junk. It's nothing but prices we've all seen before. Heck some are higher, $40 for Resident Evil 6? Bestbuy had a grand opening sale here recently and was selling it for $30.[/QUOTE]

*snicker* Now RE6 is selling for $20 at Bestbuy (dunno about elsewhere, I haven't looked). Pretty sad when games drop half price a week after Boxing Day...

Its still boxing day sales at FS and BB til Jan 3rd, I believe. NHL 13, Hitman Absolution and RE6 have all dropped. Goes to show you which titles weren't even moving on 'sale'.

bread's done
Back