36 replies to this topic

#1 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...06&type=product

EDIT: Link is not working properly with my Firefox now

Edited by johnston306, 26 December 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#2 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:03 PM

hmmm not a bad deal.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#3 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Nintendo Land should have been included with the basic since launch imo.

#4 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Oh man what a killer deal. Had I known something like this would pop up so soon I would have waited. I would have preferred white, but wanted Nintendoland, so the deluxe was a better deal at launch.

#5 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

i imagine theres incentive for retailers to move the basic units. that sku doesnt make a lot of sense and a pack-in should help.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#6 jessesixto

jessesixto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

You think they will give me the game for free if I bought the console on release day? For Silver Premium Member of course.

#7 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Tempted to pick this up after all of the Christmas money/gift cards I got. Going to remain strong and wait till Monster Hunter comes out and see what steam the Wii U has picked up by then.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#8 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

You think they will give me the game for free if I bought the console on release day? For Silver Premium Member of course.

"Premier Silver members enjoy a 60-day return, exchange and price match policy and 180 days to use reward certificates."

You're within your 60 days if you bought it at launch, so shit, I'd say it's worth a shot.

oIi9lub.png

#9 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

**** bestbuys extended holiday pricematching doesnt apply to ppl who bought on launch, skips november 18th to 26th

#10 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

**** bestbuys extended holiday pricematching doesnt apply to ppl who bought on launch, skips november 18th to 26th

But the return policy for Premier Silver members is 60 days.

oIi9lub.png

#11 RobnessMonster

RobnessMonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Unfortunately, I do not think that the price match guarantee applies to a bundling deal. I wish it did, but I think went this route in order to avoid people from price matching. Of course, someone can give it a shot, but YMMV on this one. Would've been nice to get the extra game and trade it in for $30 credit or whatever.

#12 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Unfortunately, I do not think that the price match guarantee applies to a bundling deal. I wish it did, but I think went this route in order to avoid people from price matching. Of course, someone can give it a shot, but YMMV on this one. Would've been nice to get the extra game and trade it in for $30 credit or whatever.

I don't see why it wouldn't apply... at the very least there is an easy workaround... buy the bundle, return the new system with the old receipt, keep the game.
FadeToOne.png

#13 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Get a better argument

Everyone who has a Wii doesn't even know Nintendo HAS a new console, that's how badly Nintendo has failed with the Wii U launch...

I own two Wiis and I was aware of the WiiU...matter of fact, I own one...:)

#14 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

Not a bad deal. I'd rather have white and buy an external hard drive anyway. I think I'm going to wait until we hear something about a Mario Kart before I get one though.

#15 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Kind of wish I would not have split my X-Mas gift cards people gave me between Gamestop and Best Buy I would had enough for this if I would have goy all Best Buy ones.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#16 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

If you go to the Wii U index page you can add the bundle from there.

http://www.bestbuy.c...050016#listView

#17 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't apply... at the very least there is an easy workaround... buy the bundle, return the new system with the old receipt, keep the game.

Won't the game be itemized on the receipt?

At that point you're more or less stealing the game from BB.

#18 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

So you can easily get the Deluxe unit at any online retailer without buying it in a bundle now? Interesting. When I bought the Wii in spring 2007 it was still sold out everywhere and I had to buy it with some expensive bundle that had like 3 or 4 games with it.

#19 sesshoumarusama

sesshoumarusama

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:09 PM

Has anyone tried getting a copy of Nintendo Land with a previous purchase yet?

#20 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Dude, seriously, this is getting stupid.

This forum is to report DEALS. Not have stupid fan boy debates.

#21 io

io

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Let's put an end to all this off-topic discussion. If you want to discuss the pluses and minuses of the Wii U, do it here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309784

This thread is for the Best Buy deal for the basic set with Nintendo Land. If you want to discuss the reasons for getting this vs. a Deluxe, or price match issues, that is fine. But please no more discussion of the Wii U itself here.

#22 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Dude, seriously, this is getting stupid.

This forum is to report DEALS. Not have stupid fan boy debates.

Agreed.

Lets all stop feeding the troll and get back to the deal, which is pretty good but not great.

#23 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

You are all fine to discuss and disagree (read: argue and debate) the product in question in deal threads. That's common during the early and late stages of a hardware's life span. And it will sometimes help other CAGs to make an informed purchase or persuade them from spending money at that moment.

But the personal insults and trolling stop now.

edit - didn't see io had addressed this already. as he requested no console discussion I will not argue and undermine another mod's authority. so only discuss the deal in this thread.
gwensigol8.png

#24 io

io

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

edit - didn't see io had addressed this already. as he requested no console discussion I will not argue and undermine another mod's authority. so only discuss the deal in this thread.

Discussion of the hardware itself is fine but needs to go on in a different place once it dominates discussion of the actual deal that the thread is about. If it had been a few posts here it would have been fine. But it has gotten out of hand ;).

There is an outlet for this sort of discussion in the General Wii U discussion thread that I linked earliier. They can take it there if they are so inclined.

#25 Crygor64

Crygor64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Discussion of the hardware itself is fine but needs to go on in a different place once it dominates discussion of the actual deal that the thread is about. If it had been a few posts here it would have been fine. But it has gotten out of hand ;).

There is an outlet for this sort of discussion in the General Wii U discussion thread that I linked earliier. They can take it there if they are so inclined.

Yeah well you can't expect any civil dicussion when the thread starts with a tag that says "flop confirmed."

You mods are doing a bang up job. No really.

This thread is embarassing and it just proves that places like 4chan and NeoGAF have really hurt the gaming community at large. Everyone is an agenda motivated fanboy full of hate for inanimate objects.

#26 io

io

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Well, we aren't here to supress everything controversial or upsetting to some people. If we do that, we get called Nazis (it has happened many times). So, yeah, I think we're doing an OK job considering. It seems like the off-topic talk has slowed down quite a bit, no? So, yeah, maybe our posts actually had some effect. I didn't see the tag - will take care of that now.

#27 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:07 AM

Wouldn't this kind of talk be part of the merits of the deal?

This conversation (yes it's gone overboard) is that the Wii U is failing to gain traction and therefore isn't a great deal now because you'll have no problem finding one later.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#28 shouamabane

shouamabane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

I think it's the best Wii U deal so far. I also hope people won't have trouble finding them later and that there are even better deals in the future.

#29 io

io

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:26 AM

Wouldn't this kind of talk be part of the merits of the deal?

This conversation (yes it's gone overboard) is that the Wii U is failing to gain traction and therefore isn't a great deal now because you'll have no problem finding one later.

Could be - but I didn't see anyone making that point. But beyond the fact that the system is readily available, anything else is just opinion (ie, "failing to gain traction"). Given that the system is not sold out everywhere, though, yes, I'm sure there will continue to be other (perhaps better) deals on it. But that's true of every system except in extreme circumstances (like the original Wii being sold out for over a year). So that really isn't saying anything. I saw one great deal after another on the 360 over the last couple months - does that mean it is failing?

Which brings me back to the why I want the topic to be about this particular deal itself - whether you can return/rebuy your previous Best Buy purchase, price adjust, price match to other stores, etc.

#30 fantomgamer

fantomgamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

Just scored a price match at target.
Their price match policy states they match online competitors.

Got:
8gb wii-u
Nintendoland game
Wii-u stereo headset/microphone(free this week with wii-u purchase)

All for 302.xx(Used red card)