(OOS) 32Gb PS VITA Memory Cards $59.99 - Sony.com

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#211 waterboy100

waterboy100

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

got the price match at bb. He verified that the discount would apply to the cards in stock.

#212 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

That or they realized how cheap they were selling for and how many people were buying, so they shut off supply to sell for more later.

Highly unlikely. A company that large doesn't care enough to pay close attention to something like an online accessory sale. Stock ran out, it's as simple as that.

#213 cjvail13

cjvail13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I can confirm that they are just out of stock. I was lucky enough to get in moments before they stated they were out of stock. I got a confirmation email stating that it would be shipped out today. Well guess what there is a hold on my card but it was not shipped yet. So I sent them an email and here was their response.
Dear Chris,

Thanks for shopping with Sony!

The 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - PSV22041 you recently ordered has unfortunately been delayed. We are working to fulfill your order as soon as possible. Currently, we do not have the firm delivery date yet.

So there you go. They ran out of stock

#214 DarKaoZ

DarKaoZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Man, no luck in Price Match at my BestBuy. =/

Damn it, they are really by the book here, I will try again tomorrow, hopefully someone else is in there. If Sony.com restocks, then I will buy it there, which I hope they do. =/

#215 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Man, no luck in Price Match at my BestBuy. =/

Damn it, they are really by the book here, I will try again tomorrow, hopefully someone else is in there. If Sony.com restocks, then I will buy it there, which I hope they do. =/

Yeah, I tried with a busy looking cashier. And it wasnt my normal store either (They always go by the book too). I never try in the gaming department because they always go Jr. Detective with me.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#216 kamui999

kamui999

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:31 AM

Thanks to the CAG community. I walked into BB with the screenshot of the Sonystore price on my phone he just adjusted the price no mess no fuss.

#217 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I hope this is in the standard retail packaging.

I ordered one and was planing to return that one to Best Buy and keep the one I already opened.

#218 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

I can confirm that they are just out of stock. I was lucky enough to get in moments before they stated they were out of stock. I got a confirmation email stating that it would be shipped out today. Well guess what there is a hold on my card but it was not shipped yet. So I sent them an email and here was their response.
Dear Chris,

Thanks for shopping with Sony!

The 32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - PSV22041 you recently ordered has unfortunately been delayed. We are working to fulfill your order as soon as possible. Currently, we do not have the firm delivery date yet.

So there you go. They ran out of stock

I called an hour ago and they told me it was shipping today but the day is almost over. Guy comes back and tells me they ran out of stock too, freakin bs. Now i'm debating on either keeping it or just cancel the whole $100 giftcard I bought since they don't sell PSN cards and only other thing I'm interested in is The Last of Us.

#219 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:43 AM

I hope this is in the standard retail packaging.

I ordered one and was planing to return that one to Best Buy and keep the one I already opened.

why wouldn't they be in the standard retail packaging? Some in this thread have already received their shipments; perhaps they can answer your question.

#220 DarKaoZ

DarKaoZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:05 AM

Yeah, I tried with a busy looking cashier. And it wasnt my normal store either (They always go by the book too). I never try in the gaming department because they always go Jr. Detective with me.

Hmm... might try that tomorrow and see how it goes. But yeah, I went to the Gaming Department and ask there, but I have no choice, because they didn't have any 32GB on display, only on the back. So might go tomorrow, ask for one, go the Cashier, show picture and hopefully ????? > Reward. lol

#221 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:25 AM

Hmm... might try that tomorrow and see how it goes. But yeah, I went to the Gaming Department and ask there, but I have no choice, because they didn't have any 32GB on display, only on the back. So might go tomorrow, ask for one, go the Cashier, show picture and hopefully ????? > Reward. lol

exact same experience for me, actually. May try again with the cashier. Or, I may just wait until the price falls to where it is supposed to be. Would be nice if Amazon matched.
Posted Image

#222 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

Ugh, I swear Sony needs to fix their shit <_<. Just backed up my 8GB's data to my PS3, go to restore it on my 32GB only to get swarmed with about 20 "Your Database is corrupt" messages. Wiped all the default data from my Vita, but all the stuff on the card is still there.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#223 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Ugh, I swear Sony needs to fix their shit <_<. Just backed up my 8GB's data to my PS3, go to restore it on my 32GB only to get swarmed with about 20 "Your Database is corrupt" messages. Wiped all the default data from my Vita, but all the stuff on the card is still there.

I don't think that's a Sony issue, otherwise it would be happening to everyone. I had no corruption issues when I did the same thing with my cards.

I think the correct statement is that you need to fix your shit.

decept1.png

#224 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

My 32 gig was supposed to ship yesterday but it didn't. Anybody else in the same boat?

#225 Silverspud

Silverspud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Anyone have a screencap of the original $59.99 price so I can attempt a PM at Bestbuy? I can only get the page marked down to $79.99. Probably won't work, but the attempt is worth the extra 20 bucks.

#226 JCrichton

JCrichton

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Anyone have a screencap of the original $59.99 price so I can attempt a PM at Bestbuy? I can only get the page marked down to $79.99. Probably won't work, but the attempt is worth the extra 20 bucks.

Check the thread and yes. ;)

#227 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

My 32GB card arrived yesterday, which was 1 day after being shipped. I made my transfer from 8GB to 32GB, and it was pretty painless, except for the time it took. Media manager worked way better thru the PS3 than my laptop, sadly it won't work with my PC at all(oh well, at least I have other options). Now I'm gonna flip my 8GB card on Ebay for 25-30 and then my 32GB will have cost me roughly 34-40 dollars. Not a bad deal overall, just a little time consuming, but a deal is a deal right?

#228 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

The manager had to take a look at the screenshot (Thanks Agent Hero) but I got a price match at best buy! Thanks!

#229 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Is packaging the same as those in the retail stores? I had it shipped to my place, but I'm visiting family..

Its the retail package.

The transfer from my 4 gig card to 32 was easy, all of my PS+ games, all of the DLC for them (wipeout bundle dlc), all of the demos i was ever interested in trying (nearly all of them), plus game updates to everything, and i still have 9 gigs free. Exactly what i wanted.

#230 solidusdeus

solidusdeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

For those holding out on a restock, this is the highlight of my CS chat...

Eden P: Oh I see. Due to a big demand in the market because the memory card is on sale, the stocks are temporarily out of stock.

Customer: When does the sale end?

Eden P: Until the supply last.

Eden P: But the prices on our site changes from time to time.

Customer: Well, thanks for your time.

I actually had 2 16 gig cards in my cart and when I went to check out they were out OOS...

#231 DarKaoZ

DarKaoZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

^ In other words, no need to wait, they will not restock? Bah... =/

#232 boraaa

boraaa

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

managed to snag a 16g just before they were oos, kept beating myself up for not getting the 32g in time

#233 StealOfADeal

StealOfADeal

It's a S-O-A-D!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

Anyone have a screen shot for the 16gb? 32 sold out overnight at my nearby store.

"If she'll learn to play a video game. Keep her!" :D

Updated Infinity disc trade list ---> http://www.cheapassg...scs/?p=11116024

#234 Teh Reaper

Teh Reaper

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

I got my best buy to price match basically told the lady I already had talk to somebody at customer service and they said just to show the picture and to price match it. She did and I also used my $15 RZ certificate :D so I paid $45 for a 32GB haha nice!

#235 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

So where would I have a better chance of getting a match? Should I try Best Buy or Sony Store?

#236 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

I don't think that's a Sony issue, otherwise it would be happening to everyone. I had no corruption issues when I did the same thing with my cards.

I think the correct statement is that you need to fix your shit.

An 8gb card that never gave me issues, a brand new 32gb, and a less than a month old Super Slim PS3. I fail to see how "My shit" could have nearly bricked my Vita. I'v also checked, and it has happened to others for no reason too

Just a major annoyance of mine with Sony, especially with the PS3 and Vita. So damn hard to backup/transfer data, yet so easy to lose it all.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#237 jtmoney430

jtmoney430

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

SWEET!!! I just took that screenshot from a few pages back on this forum and showed the cashier at Best Buy and said I called the other day asking if you would price match and they said yes, so here I am. The cashier looked at the photo to see the price and said, Ok no problem.
Posted Image

#238 cjvail13

cjvail13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

My 32 gig was supposed to ship yesterday but it didn't. Anybody else in the same boat?

Read the thread. Myself and someone else stated that we are in the same boat. They ran out of stock and dont know when they will be getting more.

#239 mywhitenoise

mywhitenoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

No go for me. There's nothing I hate more than wasting an hour on a failed price match. 30 minutes driving both ways, and 30 minutes waiting for the game trades in front of me, followed by checking the stock, followed by looking up the price online and not being able to verify the $20 promotion.
Posted Image

#240 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

did anyone manage to get amazon to match?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE