Photo
- - - - -

Funimation Amazon Blu-Ray sell till Jan 31st

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#91 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Well, Shakugan no Shana went up before I pulled the trigger.....I know its only $5 more, but I most likely won't be picking it up now. >.>

So....I'm a liar. I ended up watching a few more episodes of it on Funimation's channel and really enjoyed it so I used a $5 GC and picked it up for $24.49! :D You guys were right, seems pretty good and I should have pulled the trigger when it was $25!

I'm probably going to want and get the second season, but do you think that they will come out with a set similar to the first? One that doesn't have 2 parts? I'll most likely end up waiting for either that or a price drop on the 2 parts before I pick it up. Now we play the waiting game.....8-)

Also, coming at you with yet another question...... opinions on Black Lagoon? Worth $32.99 for BD/DVD Combo Complete Series? Was ordering some more things from Rightstuf and I didn't make it to the $49 mark for free shipping and thought about picking it up!

Currently watching: Sword Art Online II  

Last show watched: Toradora!  :br:

Currently playing: Tales of Xillia 2   :ps3:
Smileyman063.pngtumblr_mt6nwjMW7Y1s9slxuo10_250.gif

#92 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Knowing funimations track record, season 2 will most likely be together in one set sometime this year. Im also waiting for that to happen.

Black lagoon is a fantastic series and having both seasons on blu ray and dvd for less than $40 is a steal.

#93 ArthurDayne

ArthurDayne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

So....I'm a liar. I ended up watching a few more episodes of it on Funimation's channel and really enjoyed it so I used a $5 GC and picked it up for $24.49! :D You guys were right, seems pretty good and I should have pulled the trigger when it was $25!

I'm probably going to want and get the second season, but do you think that they will come out with a set similar to the first? One that doesn't have 2 parts? I'll most likely end up waiting for either that or a price drop on the 2 parts before I pick it up. Now we play the waiting game.....8-)

Also, coming at you with yet another question...... opinions on Black Lagoon? Worth $32.99 for BD/DVD Combo Complete Series? Was ordering some more things from Rightstuf and I didn't make it to the $49 mark for free shipping and thought about picking it up!

You goofed. They just lowered the prices back on this and Ergo Proxy to what they were before. See if you can cancel and reorder before it ships. Even if it is shipping soon you might be able to do it.

As for Black Lagoon, I am about 5 episodes into season 2 and I definitely think it is worth it. But I didn't pay for it, so ...?

#94 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

FUNi will ALWAYS come out with a complete collection of their "Part" anime releases. The only question is if it will simply be a repackage (like DBZ Kai) or a redone release (like FMA Brotherhood). Either way, it probably won't come out until Fall or Winter.

#95 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Definitely worth it even with the $3 shipping , it still comes out to $36, which is a steal by itself, so if you were going to add it to your cart to get free shipping on another order just do it. :3

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#96 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

FUNi will ALWAYS come out with a complete collection of their "Part" anime releases. The only question is if it will simply be a repackage (like DBZ Kai) or a redone release (like FMA Brotherhood). Either way, it probably won't come out until Fall or Winter.

So you are saying I should wait on Steins;Gate.....gotcha
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#97 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Is this something new or has Amazon always done partial shipping with Free shipping? I ordered Soul Eater and Aria at the same time a few days ago and now Aria says shipping soon while Soul Eater still says not yet shipped. Thats pretty awesome that Amazon does that because I sure wasn't expecting it with their Free shipping.

#98 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Is this something new or has Amazon always done partial shipping with Free shipping? I ordered Soul Eater and Aria at the same time a few days ago and now Aria says shipping soon while Soul Eater still says not yet shipped. Thats pretty awesome that Amazon does that because I sure wasn't expecting it with their Free shipping.

They certainly do that, and have done it for awhile. In this case it was because Soul Eater is on backorder, but I've had things that were all in stock shipped at different times too, so yes it's done, but no it's not new.

#99 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

You goofed. They just lowered the prices back on this and Ergo Proxy to what they were before. See if you can cancel and reorder before it ships. Even if it is shipping soon you might be able to do it.

As for Black Lagoon, I am about 5 episodes into season 2 and I definitely think it is worth it. But I didn't pay for it, so ...?

I put in a cancellation request, but IDK if its going to go through or not. I used a gift card code on the order, that will be refunded correct?

#100 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

I put in a cancellation request, but IDK if its going to go through or not. I used a gift card code on the order, that will be refunded correct?

Yeah they should put it all back as it was

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#101 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

As long as it wasn't promotional gift code you're fine.

#102 refluxx

refluxx

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

They actually said that they couldn't cancel my order, so I went and had a live chat with their customer service. One of their representatives had the difference refunded to me in less than a minute! Great customer service!

Thanks for the heads up on the price coming back down btw. I would have never even noticed it! $4.50 saved BOOM!!!! xD

#103 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

So you are saying I should wait on Steins;Gate.....gotcha

Depends on how bad you wanna see it. The CC will not be available any time soon.

Though I wouldn't spend more than $25 on each set.

#104 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Depends on how bad you wanna see it. The CC will not be available any time soon.

Though I wouldn't spend more than $25 on each set.

Thats kinda my thing, not really looking to spend 60+ on the series, I think I will check them out on youtube as well.

Posted Image

#105 KonohaShinobi

KonohaShinobi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Kind of upset that a lot of series are only available in parts. Like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood has 2 different sets, why not just have it be in one?

Probably biting on Ergo Proxy, seen enough of it to warrant a purchase.

#106 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

Kind of upset that a lot of series are only available in parts. Like Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood has 2 different sets, why not just have it be in one?

To maximize profit. A lot of people recently have started to forgo the "Part 1/2" sets and only pick up the combined season sets in order to save money and space. So FUNi releases the Collection sets so they can get the late adopters.

Brotherhood might get a complete set, if Soul Eater is anything to go by. Then again, the first anime never got a complete set with the movie and OAV Collection, so who knows.

#107 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Watched some DBZ Kai a while ago and want the series on Blu-Ray now. Sounds a good time to pick it up. :)

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#108 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

I wonder what's going on with Sekirei. Went to order it and Amazon's pulled their copies off the list and it's now under review.

Hopefully they'll relist them before the sale ends.

#109 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

My order of Soul Eater shipped yesterday.

#110 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

My order of Soul Eater shipped yesterday.

Me too. I wonder just how many copies they sold at that price since it still says it will take 10 - 13 days to ship.

#111 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

My C Control shipped today, and Soul Eater shipped yesterday.

#112 killa5k7

killa5k7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

The title of this thread says that the sale is til the 31st BUT THE GD SOULEATER WENT UP TO $49.86...you don't believe how devastating this is for me. Granted it wasn't the best anime but it was for that cheap price. I have went THROUGH hell just to get Amazon credits.....and when I GET THEM IT GOES UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#113 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

The title of this thread says that the sale is til the 31st BUT THE GD SOULEATER WENT UP TO $49.86...you don't believe how devastating this is for me. Granted it wasn't the best anime but it was for that cheap price. I have went THROUGH hell just to get Amazon credits.....and when I GET THEM IT GOES UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like the majority of items that were on sale have gone up. Before it was just a few here and there, but mainly because it was going in and out of stock, but now a bulk of all the titles that are in stock have gone back up in price. It's probably not over for everything, but looks like a lot of them have indeed been taken off the list of stuff for sale.

#114 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm guessing it's safe to assume Evangelion will get some box set with all 4 movies and maybe some more special features and a nice box set. The only danger I worry about is that in the US, maybe there's not enough of a market to make a box set and then I'll be chasing out of print Blu Rays when they're perfectly cheap right now (well, 1.11 is /and/ it does have a bunch of special features).

I can't conceive of a way that I'll want to watch these before all 4 are released so they would just be taking up shelf space.

SI

#115 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Sure you can assume that, but who knows how far down the line that's going to be considering it's not even finished releasing theatrically yet, lol.

And if they do decide to do it you'll have to wait again until all four have been released, and then probably another year after that.

If you're going to be looking 3-5 years down the line then yes there is a possibility, but who knows what it's going to look like at that point.

#116 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I know, I know.

And the really stupid thing is that if 2.22 were closer to $10 instead of $20, I'd probably have already jumped and picked up both.

SI

#117 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

I certainly wouldn't worry about them going out of print anytime soon though. In an Anncast interview with someone from Funimation, the guy said both Evangelion's were top sellers.

#118 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

I know, I know.

And the really stupid thing is that if 2.22 were closer to $10 instead of $20, I'd probably have already jumped and picked up both.

SI

It isn't the same, but if you really, really wanna watch the first one, the 1.01 version is less than 5 bucks pretty much everywhere. Buy it, watch it, trade it for a Blu-ray at Best Buy.

#119 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Heck, 1.11 is $12 so I can't complain too much

SI

#120 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:10 AM