PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale PS3 - $39.99 @ GameStop

Hmm...on sale for $39.99 at BB next week too. I'm thinking permanent price drop. Unless you're using GS credit I would suggest picking this up at BB for the price matching possibilities in the next 30/60 days after purchase.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Nice. This comes with a copy of the Vita one too right? If so is it a code or the physical card?[/QUOTE]

It links to your PSN account. Then you just go to your download history and download the Vita version.

[quote name='klimb22']Hmm...on sale for $39.99 at BB next week too. I'm thinking permanent price drop. Unless you're using GS credit I would suggest picking this up at BB for the price matching possibilities in the next 30/60 days after purchase.[/QUOTE]

Ooh I missed that! I just ordered it from Best Buy w/ gc's from Christmas ... Gotta make sure to go get some credit back! :D

Played this for the first time yesterday, and went from rank 1 to rank 19 in my first match. Played against three other players ranking from 34 - 67. It was a fucking joke! I should not have been able to do that good, especially since I kept thinking I was the other Raiden on the screen. Although I am currently without my copy of Brawl and melee now, so this may have to do. Good thing I bought it used so I can get them to PM.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Nice. This comes with a copy of the Vita one too right? If so is it a code or the physical card?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Velo214']code[/QUOTE]

The disc has a code built into it, which you use a side app (like how Qore was) to "link" the 2.

My friends and I are among the Smash Bros Melee faithful, and after a few matches we started to get into it. It's worth the $50 I put into it and it appears that the Vita version is cross-compatible for multiplayer though I haven't tested it myself.

Ever since the first trailer came out, ive been wanting this game.
But, seeing how fast it's price is dropping im going to hold off and see if it drops to $30 before grabbing it.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Has anyone played the Vita version? Because if it's worth it, then I might bite since 20 bucks each is my price point[/QUOTE]

Yes i have both. The vita version is a perfect port!! Controls are great. Online is lag free!

I bought the game on release for $64.04 and i personally feel i got my money's worth :applause:

Played the Beta on the Vita. Controls were great. Only gripe is that picked up items is annoying due to the touchscreen.

Still waiting for the Vita version to go on sale... :/

[quote name='THT']Played this for the first time yesterday, and went from rank 1 to rank 19 in my first match. Played against three other players ranking from 34 - 67. It was a fucking joke! I should not have been able to do that good, especially since I kept thinking I was the other Raiden on the screen. Although I am currently without my copy of Brawl and melee now, so this may have to do. Good thing I bought it used so I can get them to PM.[/QUOTE]

You can reach up to level 999 and begin to rank much slower later on. There's so far like 15 characters, would you rather they make each character a total grind to level up reasonably? If they made it harder you'd have to play 100s of hours to rank all characters up reasonably. Think before you speak.

[quote name='Echoes']Played the Beta on the Vita. Controls were great. Only gripe is that picked up items is annoying due to the touchscreen.

Still waiting for the Vita version to go on sale... :/[/QUOTE]

It went on sale for $20 a couple of weeks ago. I picked it up from Amazon and I believe it was at Gamestop for the same price. You probably will not have to wait too long for it to go on sale again :)

[quote name='Echoes']Played the Beta on the Vita. Controls were great. Only gripe is that picked up items is annoying due to the touchscreen.

Still waiting for the Vita version to go on sale... :/[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to be that guy, but the Vita version was on sale for $19.99 a few weeks ago at GameStop. LittleBigPlanet Vita was on sale as well for the same price.

Really fun game, my only gripe is a few of the characters are cheap/broken as hell. Namely Radec (Ranged spam master) and Kratos (Spam square to win)

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I don't mean to be that guy, but the Vita version was on sale for $19.99 a few weeks ago at GameStop. LittleBigPlanet Vita was on sale as well for the same price.[/QUOTE]

The difference is I didn't have $20 to spend a few weeks ago :p

I do now though haha.

This game is a ton of fun. We play it at work now (we have a PS3 in our breakroom) and whenever I have my bros come over. Sometimes I just play my Vita copy in bed while waiting for the gf to shower, or whenever a case of insomnia kicks in. Highly recommend.

[quote name='Echoes']The difference is I didn't have $20 to spend a few weeks ago :p

I do now though haha.[/QUOTE]

Oh, lol. My bad. That's what credit cards are for. Stay away from the debt. :shame:

Picked up the Vita version for $20 during that sale, but it's tempting to trade it in for the PS3/Vita combo. A shame the game was judged as a Smash Bros clone because it's a different beast.

I actually prefer it to the more button mashy nature of Smash Bros. This is the perfect game to have on my Vita at all times, so I wouldn't mind going digital.

Worth the 40? Seems like it is dropping rather quickly...though i've been waiting for this type of game since forever. I just wish they had crash!

[quote name='jefexp']Worth the 40? Seems like it is dropping rather quickly...though i've been waiting for this type of game since forever. I just wish they had crash![/QUOTE]
Quickly? How is this different than most othr games that drop to $40 within a month of release? This has been dropping slower than those as it took more than a month to get to be found at this price

I'd say its worth it easily. I was pretty hesitant to get it too, but I love it. Its even more worth it if you have both a PS3 and a Vita, both games are virtually the same. They even share all of the data (Outside of Trophy Unlocks).

The gameplay is simple, but theres also lots of combo's and more complicated things to learn. And from the looks of it, the developers are trying to keep the game balanced/alive for a long time.

[quote name='THT']Played this for the first time yesterday, and went from rank 1 to rank 19 in my first match. Played against three other players ranking from 34 - 67. It was a fucking joke! I should not have been able to do that good, especially since I kept thinking I was the other Raiden on the screen. Although I am currently without my copy of Brawl and melee now, so this may have to do. Good thing I bought it used so I can get them to PM.[/QUOTE]
Anyone can do good with Raiden, he's very cheap. Trust me, ranking takes longer when you're going for 999.

[quote name='Rosterking']Anyone can do good with Raiden, he's very cheap. Trust me, ranking takes longer when you're going for 999.[/QUOTE]

This, my friend has been playing with Raiden for almost a week and is barely level 600 or so. I'm 2 days in and only 200 with Spike and 100 with Parappa.

[quote name='dgwillia006']This, my friend has been playing with Raiden for almost a week and is barely level 600 or so. I'm 2 days in and only 200 with Spike and 100 with Parappa.[/QUOTE]
I've been playing for almost two weekd and have Sly at 770.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'd say its worth it easily. I was pretty hesitant to get it too, but I love it. Its even more worth it if you have both a PS3 and a Vita, both games are virtually the same. They even share all of the data (Outside of Trophy Unlocks).

The gameplay is simple, but theres also lots of combo's and more complicated things to learn. And from the looks of it, the developers are trying to keep the game balanced/alive for a long time.[/QUOTE]

How do trophies work when you have both? Does one save unlock both versions trophies?

Wait, so quick question...I dont have a Vita...the code I get with the copy of the game, could I give it to someone and they would get essentially a free copy of All-Stars on their Vita or is it somehow tied to the PS3 disc?

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, so quick question...I dont have a Vita...the code I get with the copy of the game, could I give it to someone and they would get essentially a free copy of All-Stars on their Vita or is it somehow tied to the PS3 disc?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you could, but you'd need their PSN login info.

bread's done
Back