RedBox Instant Beta Signup

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 Jadachris

Jadachris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have a 1 day rental code that I'm not going to use. PM me if you want it.

Edit: Gone

Edited by Jadachris, 07 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.
Sent the code away

#32 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Same here, rented looper. Had low expectations but was surprised by how much I enjoyed the movie.

looper sure was a major booper :)
WOOOO I STINK

#33 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Invitation is out - check your email.

#34 Akridsky

Akridsky

Flipping for dollars

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Invitation is out - check your email.

nothing here

#35 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

No invitation but they sent me a promo code for a DVD rental or equivalent value towards a BR or game rental.

#36 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

i signed up, hope i get an invite

fs_lastplayed.png

#37 crazyivan19

crazyivan19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I haven't gotten the invite yet, either. I did get the free rental, though. Looking forward to trying this out as an alternative to Netflix.

#38 AZR43L

AZR43L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

They supposedly launched this in late december . Has any CAG gotten an invite yet?

#39 DALEEMS

DALEEMS

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Got mine today around noon. Haven't entered it yet but pretty excited to see how it compares to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Ect Ect..........:bouncy:

They supposedly launched this in late december . Has any CAG gotten an invite yet?

#40 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I got my on 1/9/13. Have not activate it yet as school is in the way. I'll wait till Spring Break then will get my month in.

#41 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I got my on 1/9/13. Have not activate it yet as school is in the way. I'll wait till Spring Break then will get my month in.

i would sell your beta on ebay then fools paying 25 to 50 for them and by april it will be live
WOOOO I STINK

#42 The Dark Enforcer

The Dark Enforcer

Thunderstruck!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Signed up fora chance at a code.

Thanks OP.

#43 cjwoods89

cjwoods89

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

For those that have received their beta code, can you provide some feedback on selection of the instant stream? How does this compare to Netflix / Hulu Plus / Amazon Prime?

#44 r3dreck

r3dreck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

For those that have received their beta code, can you provide some feedback on selection of the instant stream? How does this compare to Netflix / Hulu Plus / Amazon Prime?

Ahh I don't care for it. The rental bonuses are nice but the streaming selection isn't that great. It's like Netflix's when they started minus a lot of kids stuff. My kids watch stuff of netflix just about everyday and there are none of the show they like on Redbox. Plus the TV/xbox/etc doesn't support it just yet so it's all watch on the computer or hook that up to the TV. I'll stick with Netflix... Prime is getting better but still behind a little compared.

#45 sir-fly

sir-fly

watch me like tv

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

they just sent out more codes
1 free month of gamefly http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/3BD7

#46 the indianbeast

the indianbeast

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Here's one:

ypbur3yk

#47 cmp2005

cmp2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

yea finally got a code
Posted Image

#48 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I received my code, signed up, saw the movies available, and promptly canceled. Horrible selection.

#49 jlanham

jlanham

Drake, we are LEAVING!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Here's one:

ypbur3yk

Grabbed the codes. Thanks!

#50 cmp2005

cmp2005

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

i wish i could watch these on my 360 but u need silverlight on the 360 for it to work on ie
Posted Image

#51 Turning180

Turning180

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Here's one:

ypbur3yk

I used that code too. Hmm maybe its multi-use.

#52 bob101910

bob101910

Cammy's Cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

It let me look at what's available after using the code, but I didn't find anything that I wanted to watch. Until they get a lot more content, I'll stick with cheaper and better Netflix. Also using free codes from Redbox that they give out way too often.

My Completed Games   (Last Updated: 07/10/14 *Most Recent: Guacamelee - X1*)   
This Week on YouTube: Project Spark (X1), The Evil Within (X1)
This Weekend on Twitch:  Killer Instinct Season 2 (X1), Project Spark (X1), The Evil Within (X1)
Gamertag: Bob101910 RFP  (FIXED)

#53 OverShift

OverShift

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I used that code to, But it wants me to put a cc number when i try to watch a movie. Says it needs cc to start your free 1 month trail. All this to test a beta? No thanks.

#54 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Here's one:

ypbur3yk

DEAD
You have reached the maximum number of devices for this access code. You can’t add any more devices until the trial is complete. In the meantime, you can continue to use the service with your registered devices.
WOOOO I STINK

#55 crazyivan19

crazyivan19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

Finally got my code today. Tried it out tonight and was not very impressed. I only have DSL, and my speeds definitely leave something to be desired, but I could barely get the movie to play, much less with anything close to smooth. I never had this bad of an experience when I used Netflix previously. And as others have said, the selection of movies, while not terrible, is definitely nothing exciting.

I will most likely cancel once I use up the free rentals.

I haven't been a member of Netflix in quite a while. For those that are, how is the movie selection nowadays? I left because new releases took FOREVER to come out, and the backlog selection was always meh at best. Still, it might be worth revisiting if it's improved.

#56 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

Got my code, tried it out.. the movies loaded up quickly and played smoothly.

The movie selection, however, is beyond terrible

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#57 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Got the code. But the movie selection is really bad.

If you already use Netflix to stream movies its really not worth it.

#58 tcbys

tcbys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Finally got my code today. Tried it out tonight and was not very impressed. I only have DSL, and my speeds definitely leave something to be desired, but I could barely get the movie to play, much less with anything close to smooth. I never had this bad of an experience when I used Netflix previously. And as others have said, the selection of movies, while not terrible, is definitely nothing exciting.

I will most likely cancel once I use up the free rentals.

I haven't been a member of Netflix in quite a while. For those that are, how is the movie selection nowadays? I left because new releases took FOREVER to come out, and the backlog selection was always meh at best. Still, it might be worth revisiting if it's improved.

I like the Netflix movie list. I have a nack for finding covered gems I like.

#59 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

I got mine today too, and I'm about to cancel my account. Major letdown, especially since I already have Hulu and Netflix. Does anyone know if the four free rentals are physical or digital rentals? The help section, when you click on that section just says:

This answer is no longer available.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#60 parrothead87

parrothead87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Did not receive a beta code, but redbox sent me a free one night DVD rental to my email