Photo
- - - - -

GAMESTOP: B1G1 Free on all PS2 Games. Online Only.

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#31 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

The last time I ordered a PS2 disc from Gamestop.com it had a huge crack in the center that they tried covering it up by putting a round silver sticker on the disc spindle. Needless to say I don't order PS2 games from them online anymore.

#32 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

I had a similar experience. I ordered like 12 games, and only 2 came complete... but all of the discs were resurfaced using their machines and they actually looked worse than any disc I've ever seen from GS.

That might be what the skid marks on my discs were from. They were circular so I think a bad resurfacing machine would be the only way to do that.

#33 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Shipping kills this deal...gamestop ftl

Though "saver" promo code for free shipping still work eh? Yep, still work. Just add some fillers. Return them if you must.

#34 GodofGambler

GodofGambler

God of Gambler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Just a note most gamestops will keep the cases if the game is over 9.99 usually granted the customers have to trade it in with case and all but eh. Still good deal I might order .dot hack and megaman. Last note you can pay store and have it shipped out to your house

Our area is $5 or less, orginal cases are gone.

#35 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

I would bite but since im a collector i dont want to buy it if it just comes with a disc and not the original case.. Hmm maybe if i can find all the cover arts and print em

#36 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

This would be a good sale if it wasn't for the fact that GameStop price gouges even in ebay standards. "Oh, this game was released 10 years ago but is somewhat rare? $18 LOL"

#37 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I would bite but since im a collector i dont want to buy it if it just comes with a disc and not the original case.. Hmm maybe if i can find all the cover arts and print em

Don't bother if you're a collector. Even the disks they send you are likely to be messed up.

#38 slainviper

slainviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

This would be a good sale if it wasn't for the fact that GameStop price gouges even in ebay standards. "Oh, this game was released 10 years ago but is somewhat rare? $18 LOL"

I don't really like defending Gamestop, but I feel the need to say you're wrong. Some extreme examples of them selling expensive games for cheap include Steambot Chronicles, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X, and MS Saga: A New Dawn. Those games are pretty much never in stock, but that's probably because people would rather not trade them in for barely anything rather than, you know, price gouging them on Ebay.

#39 ferant316

ferant316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Can confirm this is online only. Stores are still B2G1.

#40 TheThoughtlessOne

TheThoughtlessOne

Blame Jon Irenicus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

In for Kingdom Hearts 1+2, if they're not in the orig cases or look bad I'll just send them back.

#41 Narok

Narok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up, picked up 4 games to help finish my collection.

#42 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

So...what are the odds of getting a complete copy of anything? Didn't they toss all the original cases?

about 1 in 6 from the last order I placed. They're so bad, they send those generic cases without the titles on them now.

ach.pngthe_it_crowd_moss.jpg

#43 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:45 AM

Just bought 14 cheapie PS2 games and 1 PS3 game for under $35 after all the discounts and junk :D Can't wait to see how many of them arrive disc only.

#44 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

What games are worth buying at low prices?

#45 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

Mark of Kri
Red Faction
Rygar
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Hitman 2
Onimusha

Maximo vs Army of Zin
Onimusha 2
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

Bond 007: Nightfire
Viewtiful Joe 2

Ace Combat 5
X-Men Legends
Grand Theft Auto III
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

#46 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:39 PM

Okay so my first ordered cancelled because some of the games I wanted got out of stock (like maybe 3 out of 15 games). So I put in a second order and THAT got cancelled too. This time 14 out of 15 games went out of stock.

Gamestop, you never cease to amaze me.

#47 Pura_Master

Pura_Master

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Just got a bunch of great RPGs. I think they have more in stock now. I got:
Persona 4
Digital Devil Saga 1
Nocturne
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and Re:Chain of Memories
Thanks for the post OP

#48 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

I hate how their online system works.

Add 2 19.99 games to cart

"CONGRATS YOU GET 19.99 game free!"

Add another game of lesser value (14.99 for example)

"CONGRATS NOW YOU PAY FOR 2 19.99 games and get a 14.99 game free!!

They'll automatically give you all the cheaper games free instead of doing what you want it to do. something of EQUAL value.

CAG16 doesn't work either, so you have to do a bunch of separate orders to take advantage of it in the best way + shipping costs. For each one

#49 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

With the condition of the online games, this isn't worth any risks.

#50 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Just got a bunch of great RPGs. I think they have more in stock now. I got:
Persona 4
Digital Devil Saga 1
Nocturne
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and Re:Chain of Memories
Thanks for the post OP

They have these with case on the display at my store. Good picks

#51 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Come on 75% off...we are waiting!!

#52 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

A living, breathing piece of defecating meat.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I hate how their online system works.

Add 2 19.99 games to cart

"CONGRATS YOU GET 19.99 game free!"

Add another game of lesser value (14.99 for example)

"CONGRATS NOW YOU PAY FOR 2 19.99 games and get a 14.99 game free!!

They'll automatically give you all the cheaper games free instead of doing what you want it to do. something of EQUAL value.

CAG16 doesn't work either, so you have to do a bunch of separate orders to take advantage of it in the best way + shipping costs. For each one

You do... You do understand, that no matter where you go, unless it's some crazy place that doesn't run quite like every other business, the lowest priced items will ALWAYS be the free ones. You can buy three $19.99 games and three $17.99 games, and all three $17.99 games will be the free ones. If you want to do it the way you want to do it, you'll need to make two separate transactions. Is it that hard to understand?

76561198003985248.png

#53 Big D.

Big D.

Sac City Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

If the store has PS2 games in stock, they have B2G1 Free. I was just at a GS I don't frequent often and they had a bin of PS2 games for B2G1 Free.

#54 badmojo

badmojo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

If the store has PS2 games in stock, they have B2G1 Free. I was just at a GS I don't frequent often and they had a bin of PS2 games for B2G1 Free.

Same B2G1 but I live next to an idiot. Just got bg:dark alliance 2,persona 4, xenosaga 3, FF X, kingdom hearts and disgaea all in orig cases with manuals. Who trades that in?

Also found some gc stuff they keep in a drawer. Never asked before. No 1st party controllers though :(

#55 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

You do... You do understand, that no matter where you go, unless it's some crazy place that doesn't run quite like every other business, the lowest priced items will ALWAYS be the free ones. You can buy three $19.99 games and three $17.99 games, and all three $17.99 games will be the free ones. If you want to do it the way you want to do it, you'll need to make two separate transactions. Is it that hard to understand?

It's not hard to understand. But it CLEARLY states that that it is "BUY 1 Get 1 FREE * of EQUAL OR LESSER Value"

So for fucks sake, WHY am I NOT allowed to choose? Because it's bad for them? Well they should change their wording then.

I don't mind separate transactions apart from the FACT that Shipping costs make it pointless for GS. Therefore I should be ALLOWED to choose what I want to be my free game. Because they say "EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE" not "EQUAL, UNLESS THERE IS LESSER"

Yeah yeah, fine print mumbo jumbo. Fuck fine print, be upfront and people won't hate you.

#56 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

It's not hard to understand. But it CLEARLY states that that it is "BUY 1 Get 1 FREE * of EQUAL OR LESSER Value"

So for fucks sake, WHY am I NOT allowed to choose? Because it's bad for them? Well they should change their wording then.

I don't mind separate transactions apart from the FACT that Shipping costs make it pointless for GS. Therefore I should be ALLOWED to choose what I want to be my free game. Because they say "EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE" not "EQUAL, UNLESS THERE IS LESSER"

Yeah yeah, fine print mumbo jumbo. Fuck fine print, be upfront and people won't hate you.

It's just common knowledge at this point that no matter what, you will get the lowest cost item for free. Sure, they could change it to "Buy one get one free. Free item will be calculated if it is equal to the cost of the highest priced item, or the lowest cost item at point of purchase." but why would they? Again, it's just common knowledge. With how you would prefer it, somebody could buy two $60 games and one $2 game and demand one of the $60 games to be free. It just won't happen.

76561198003985248.png

#57 The Holy Pretzle

The Holy Pretzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

B1G1 FREE PS2 - Buy 1 get 1 free on pre-owned Playstation 2 games. Free game must be of equal or lesser value.

it clearly says that the free game must be equal or lesser. Your argument is also not very strong at all.

#58 ChuckyDJ

ChuckyDJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Wish the B1G1 was in store as well. Just saw the little micro-asterik symbol there. :-(

#59 Vulgarism

Vulgarism

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Wish the B1G1 was in store as well. Just saw the little micro-asterik symbol there. :-(

As do I. One of the closest GS has Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Sniper Elite, all BL and CIB from what I glanced at the other day. I'm sure I could hunt down a few more decent titles, but at this point, I'm not looking to spend ~$40 on three PS2 games.

76561198003985248.png

#60 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Got 9 games for $21 shipped. I'm happy! Thanks OP!