Best Buy: Halo 4 LE $69.99 Possibly YMMV

aircobra

Banned
Noticed someone posted in the Borderlands 2 thread that they found a copy for $70, so I went to 2 local stores and both had them at that price. Perfect price for me, so I snagged one.

[quote name='aircobra']Noticed someone posted in the Borderlands 2 thread that they found a copy for $70, so I went to 2 local stores and both had them at that price. Perfect price for me, so I snagged one.[/QUOTE]
I posted that. There was one at Altamonte Springs, FL store as of yesterday. I passed since I already have the standard edition. Hope others can find it at the same price.

[quote name='malistrais']i wonder if there's a pricematch opportunity for those who bought this at launch for 100? (like me)[/QUOTE]

Should be if you're a Premier Silver member.

[quote name='aircobra']Should be if you're a Premier Silver member.[/QUOTE]

Didn't BB extend the pricematch window for everyone until January or something?

[quote name='MetalSlugger']Didn't BB extend the pricematch window for everyone until January or something?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Anything purchased after Nov 4 can be pm until Jan 24. Did this the other day for my launch Halo 4 standard pm to $39.99.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']Didn't BB extend the pricematch window for everyone until January or something?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Forgot that it started before Halo came out.

Imma try and PM against my receipt, however, I did the deal where you got the LE guide for $20 with purchase of the game, wonder if they'll only give me $10 back or overlook it and give me the full $30. Best thing is, I had pre-ordered it, never got the $20 eGC or RZ cert added to my account, called a RZ rep and they just credited my account $20, no way they'll notice that :D

[quote name='HydroX']SKU trick work for this? Anyone have the SKU from their receipt?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the SKU trick is, but if you want to give it a shot, the SKU is 5297789.

Update: Someone beat me to posting info.

Anyone know if this is nationwide yet? I really hope I can PM over the phone if possible.

[quote name='malistrais']I just got back from my local BB - had no problem getting a price adjustment to $69.99. :)[/QUOTE]

So does that mean every Best Buy has it for this price?

i'd guess yes, but i don't know for sure. i did notice my store had one still on the shelf for $69.99 though.

[quote name='DiaperDandee']So does that mean every Best Buy has it for this price?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I'll try a phone PM tomorrow...you just call the general customer service number right?[/QUOTE]
Yup. Grab your popcorn because it can take a while depending on who you get on the phone.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I'll try a phone PM tomorrow...you just call the general customer service number right?[/QUOTE]
As long as your order was placed online for delivery or for pickup, yes. If you preordered instore, you'll have to do it at customer service.

It was 69.99 in all the stores in Georgia which usually indicates a nationwide drop. Pretty hard to find now though. only 2 left in the entire metro area.

Just got back from a PM with no probs. Told them the date of purchase (Nov 6th) and that in their system the game is now $70. Took under 10mins to resolve, no problems.

[quote name='TheEliminator62']I can confirm that it is the price as well at my local best buy in Beaumont, CA.[/QUOTE]

Does there have to be a actual le edition in stock or just take receipt to customer service for price match ? I don't think my local best buy has ahead one in stock for awhile .

[quote name='Raider209']Does there have to be a actual le edition in stock or just take receipt to customer service for price match ? I don't think my local best buy has ahead one in stock for awhile .[/QUOTE]

I did a PM with no quantities in stock.

[quote name='DiaperDandee']So this will be good tomorrow as it is a new week?[/QUOTE]

I assume so but no way of knowing for sure.

[quote name='DiaperDandee']So this will be good tomorrow as it is a new week?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aircobra']I assume so but no way of knowing for sure.[/QUOTE]

It's a clearance price not a weekly sale price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in for a price match this morning. The cashier looked it up in the system and it came up as $59.99. I don't know if she entered the price wrong for the price match or if the system automatically pulls it up. Pretty happy paying $40 for the collector's set. $60 with price match - the $20 in reward zone certificates.

[quote name='Havokscry']I went in for a price match this morning. The cashier looked it up in the system and it came up as $59.99. I don't know if she entered the price wrong for the price match or if the system automatically pulls it up. Pretty happy paying $40 for the collector's set. $60 with price match - the $20 in reward zone certificates.[/QUOTE]

That's nuts. You're making me regret not getting it two months ago.

Alright, so I printed my receipt from dot com, and I plan on bringing it to my local store.

That should be all I need right?

Edit: The website doesn't even show it anymore. Anybody have any luck bringing it up in case I get questioned? Don't want to be that guy saying "The internet told me the price went down!"

[quote name='sega_for_life']Anyone have any success Pming a Dot Com order. I did ship to storelike a week after release. I wish I could just go to store.[/QUOTE]
I made an online order, so the rep called a local Best Buy near to confirm price and stock. I just got a PM, but your local store might need stock for it. It's pretty much YMMV if the rep needs to call the store.

If you have issues with calling in try going into the store with your order number to PM. PM for online orders are handled as return repurchase or exchange, so you may lose you Gamer's Unlocked RZ points.

[quote name='DiaperDandee']I went and couldn't get a PM. I think they said no Best Buy in the state of Michigan had them in stock so I couldn't get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Michigan and I just got back from adjusting my release-day copy. I only brought my receipt and I simply said I would like a price adjustment on this game that should be currently on sale. I let the register/worker do the work and it was like any other return or price match.

I feel much better about $70 for the LE. I was on the fence of the value at $100 and definitely felt ripped off after some of the perks were given away for free, but this seems like I'm getting more than I paid for. Thanks to aircobra for posting this.

[quote name='avalanche4']I'm in Michigan and I just got back from adjusting my release-day copy. I only brought my receipt and I simply said I would like a price adjustment on this game that should be currently on sale. I let the register/worker do the work and it was like any other return or price match.

I feel much better about $70 for the LE. I was on the fence of the value at $100 and definitely felt ripped off after some of the perks were given away for free, but this seems like I'm getting more than I paid for. Thanks to aircobra for posting this.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I think I would have gotten it but the girl helping me got hung up on the limited edition guide and was confused on what item I wanted to get price matched. Maybe I will try another Best Buy later.

Question. I'm wanting the Season Pass for Halo 4 with little concern for Limited Edition extras. Would it be a cheaper choice for me to trade in my vanilla copy of Halo 4 and get the LE or just find some cheap Microsoft Points for the Season Pass. I could care less about the other contents of the LE. Season Pass is my main concern.

[quote name='Dinky']Question. I'm wanting the Season Pass for Halo 4 with little concern for Limited Edition extras. Would it be a cheaper choice for me to trade in my vanilla copy of Halo 4 and get the LE or just find some cheap Microsoft Points for the Season Pass. I could care less about the other contents of the LE. Season Pass is my main concern.[/QUOTE]
You'll get a little more than $30 for your tradein, so the season pass + other bonuses is going to set you back $40, while buying MSP at current prices is going to set you back about $20 for 2000 for the season pass on XBL. Unless you're planning on selling the Steelbook and notebook and stuff to cover the differences, it won't be worth it.

[quote name='Lemstar']You'll get a little more than $30 for your tradein, so the season pass + other bonuses is going to set you back $40, while buying MSRP at current prices is going to set you back about $20 for 2000 for the season pass on XBL. Unless you're planning on selling the Steelbook and notebook and stuff to cover the differences, it won't be worth it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick response!

Does anybody know how the personal shopper program works for silver members? I saw one at a store about 40 miles away a few days ago, but passed thinking my local store still had some. I was wrong and if I understand things properly, they would ship one over from the other store. Is this how it works?

EDIT: I was able to call and have them hold the them at the farther store, and they are $69.99.

Nice. Took about 30 minutes on the phone with customer service but I managed to price match my In Store Pickup I had made. Can't beat $30+tax back and getting that $20 reward certificate for pre-ordering!

bread's done
Back