Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Ad 01/02-01/08 50% Off Strategy Guides, Skylanders Deals, Price Drops, more

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#31 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:47 AM

Should I get Oblivion GOTY for 19.99? Never played it, love Fallout and love Skyrim, are these similar?

#32 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

is wwe 13 worth 30?

#33 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:08 AM

Should I get Oblivion GOTY for 19.99? Never played it, love Fallout and love Skyrim, are these similar?

Oblivion is REALLY clunky compared to F3 & Skyrim. Still fun though.

#34 gravel

gravel

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

Gotta get that hot dog skylander.

It figures that he's going to be in a three-pack. :cry:

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#35 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

If you loved the other two games and can handle the "older" graphics, then pick it up. I think you can do better than $20 though. May want to look for a pc version but that's just mho. Oblivion has a fantastic MOD community like Skyrim and Fallout that can add a TON of options to the game! Who doesnt lol at the plague of cheese?!

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#36 traderd

traderd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Anybody know the return policy on guides at GS? If it's like Best Buy I'd want to use it and return for my money back within 30 days.

#37 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anybody know the return policy on guides at GS? If it's like Best Buy I'd want to use it and return for my money back within 30 days.

If it's sealed, at a minimum you can return them.

#38 traderd

traderd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

I know BB will take unsealed ones and refund if within 30 days. Didn't know if GS does the same.

#39 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

lol wtf

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#40 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

my gs still has copys of guides for game of thrones and fallout new vegas. which were pennied awhile back. im gonna snag one during the guide promo just for laughs lol
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#41 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

Nothing for me.
Posted Image

#42 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I think they prefer that you just steal it and then give it back to them later. That way they don't use up receipt paper, etc.

I own several guides, but I have them more as like a collection or homage to my favorite games. I actually do use them, too. I only buy them on sale when about $5 or less (pennied guides preferably) since I can find a good amount of info online.

To want to return a guide after buying it seems silly (besides the point of it being unethical) to me because you might as well just look up the stuff online and save the hassle of going to the store, etc.

#43 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Gonna pick up a guide for black 2. Games like that, are the only games worth owning a guide for imo.

#44 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

my gs still has copys of guides for game of thrones and fallout new vegas. which were pennied awhile back. im gonna snag one during the guide promo just for laughs lol

I'm pretty sure the employees at my local Gamestop would get befuddled trying to make change for the half penny and just deny the sale. :)

#45 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

If the Soul Calibur V guide is still available Wednesday at $5 and they haven't pulled it, that means with discount it's $2.50. Yes.

Batsugunner.png

#46 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Don't forget, guys: PUR Pro members also get 10% off guides, so the promotion really becomes 55% off for those people (e.g., $20 guide -> $9.99 -> $8.99 after PUR).

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within [No-Upgrade Run] :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#47 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

If the Soul Calibur V guide is still available Wednesday at $5 and they haven't pulled it, that means with discount it's $2.50. Yes.

Goes nice with the $19.99 game CE currently at Best Buy.

#48 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm pretty sure the employees at my local Gamestop would get befuddled trying to make change for the half penny and just deny the sale. :)

Give them exact change! http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B003N2J0JY

#49 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Oblivion is REALLY clunky compared to F3 & Skyrim. Still fun though.

Skyrim's interface is better, but I liked Oblivion's story 10x as much. Skyrim's main story sucked. I gave Skyrim a good once through, level everything up to 100, did my thing in it, but that was it. Maybe I'll pick it up in a couple years again when the GOTY version is $20. Oblivion I still go back to.

#50 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Went to a local Gamestop to get the Kingdoms of Amalur guide and was told it was pennied out today anyone have confirmation?

#51 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

I might go ahead and get the pokemon black and white 2 collectors edition guide. I got it for the first black and white and even tho I haven't put much time into 2nd one for some reason I'd like to get the guide for it.

#52 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Went to a local Gamestop to get the Kingdoms of Amalur guide and was told it was pennied out today anyone have confirmation?

Still on the website at full price:
http://www.gamestop....egy-guide/98994

Edit:
It may actually be pennied as it's not available to purchase online and only 2 locations in St. Louis have it in stock so I would say it's likely that's the case.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#53 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Still on the website at full price:
http://www.gamestop....egy-guide/98994

Edit:
It may actually be pennied as it's not available to purchase online and only 2 locations in St. Louis have it in stock so I would say it's likely that's the case.

If you try to pick up in store it shows in-store pricing as .01

#54 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I'm sorry, Pennied?

#55 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I'm sorry, Pennied?

as in the price dropped to 1 cent (a penny) for them to clear out stock. They will either do this or throw them out.

#56 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Anyone know if the price of guides on gamestop.com is the same as in store?

Mainly looking at the XIII-2 CE guide.

It's $25 in store so it should be $13 after discount.

#57 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

Ive never seen a videogame guide for a penny at GS. Are you guys getting lucky or am I missing something?

#58 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Skyrim's interface is better, but I liked Oblivion's story 10x as much. Skyrim's main story sucked. I gave Skyrim a good once through, level everything up to 100, did my thing in it, but that was it. Maybe I'll pick it up in a couple years again when the GOTY version is $20. Oblivion I still go back to.

Agree, Oblivion was a much better game than Skyrim. Skyrim's story is nonexistent and the game is just bland/boring imo. I'm actually playing Two Worlds II right now and enjoying it far more than Skyrim.

#59 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Ive never seen a videogame guide for a penny at GS. Are you guys getting lucky or am I missing something?

Where I work when something rings up for a penny that means that we are suppose to destroy the product then throw it away. I don't work for GS so I don't know if they have that policy.

#60 jasnmb

jasnmb

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

Does GameStop have a price guarantee? I'd like to get a partial refund on my kid's sky lander set that I bought a few weeks ago, if so.