Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Ad 01/02-01/08 50% Off Strategy Guides, Skylanders Deals, Price Drops, more

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#61 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

It's $25 in store so it should be $13 after discount.

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#62 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Gamestop never fails to unimpress.

I love how there is a full page of Skylanders yet none of the actual figures are on sale.

And e-guides for $9.99??!?!?

How much were they before?
People pay more then $10 for a digital guide?
Posted Image

#63 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Gamestop's prices in general are just flat out uncompetitive and don't even bother trying to get something used online. Chances are it won't be complete

#64 neil1115

neil1115

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Does anyone know what time gamestop updates their website? WWE 13 is still showing at $59.99.

#65 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

^ This... waiting for the price to drop as well but it is still hanging at $59.99

#66 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

Gamestop's prices in general are just flat out uncompetitive and don't even bother trying to get something used online. Chances are it won't be complete

Hell it might not even work. I got Dragon's Dogma used recently from GS.com because of CAG16, and it kept freezing at the start. Had to return it to a store.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#67 GamerSavage

GamerSavage

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'll just keep waiting for the B2G1 free sale.

#68 gravel

gravel

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I went into my local GS to see what guides they had. They keep them all in the back room, so the woman printed a list of what they had in stock. :roll:

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Inazuma Eleven
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#69 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

I went into my local GS to see what guides they had. They keep them all in the back room, so the woman printed a list of what they had in stock. :roll:

Wow, every GS I been to have them on one of those rotating racks. Plus a few right on or on a rack on the bottom of the counter.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#70 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Were you able to check if they were half off? For some reason, the discount isn't online yet (and I don't see "in-store only" in the ad for that promotion).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#71 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Went to the local Gamestop around 10 o'clock this morning. Paper Mario: Sticker Star Official Strategy Guide rang up for $8.99 after discounts. My total was $9.87 with tax. If you add a guide to your cart, it will say 50% OFF STATEGY GUIDES - 50% off Select Strategy Guides. Some exlcusions may apply. Expires 1/15/2013.

Edited by Tricky, 02 January 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#72 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Anyone remember which version of oblivion does not have that game breaking vampire bug in it?

#73 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Sale should be working now. If you can find a Soul Calibur 5 guide, it should be $2.50 (which is insane for a hardcover 500 page guide) Discount Card will give you an extra 10% off the sale price if you have one.
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#74 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Went to one GS at lunch and they only had a handfull out on display and the non-wrapped ones were a mess. So like the guy above, the rep printed me a copy of the list of in stock guides. Picked up RE6 standard ($4.49) and ME3 ($6.75). Not bad.

#75 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Still on the website at full price:
http://www.gamestop....egy-guide/98994

Edit:
It may actually be pennied as it's not available to purchase online and only 2 locations in St. Louis have it in stock so I would say it's likely that's the case.

Now it has been completely removed from the website so I cannot check stores. :cry:

#76 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Anyone remember which version of oblivion does not have that game breaking vampire bug in it?

Xbox

#77 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Went to one GS at lunch and they only had a handfull out on display and the non-wrapped ones were a mess. So like the guy above, the rep printed me a copy of the list of in stock guides. Picked up RE6 standard ($4.49) and ME3 ($6.75). Not bad.

Interesting choices. I bought those two exact same guides. :applause:

#78 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

:bomb: I apparently threw out the receipt for the RE6 guide I bought at $9.99 a month or so ago, so that's $5.50 I won't be getting back. :wall:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS2 HD [Dogtags]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#79 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Had the same issue. I know they're trying to deter penny guide pick-ups, but how do they expect to move any of this merchandise if it's not on the floor?
He even went through the trouble of telling me: 'Anything that's a penny, we don't have'. Yeah, right...got you.

Would anybody who knows anything about this nonsense care to chime in?

#80 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Anybody have an opinion on that $19.99 Skylanders case? It seems like that the case it holds the most guys but is a case really necessary? Cant you get away with a smaller Rubbermaid type tub or something like that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#81 247

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

Got Pokemon Black/White 2 pokedex for $9, pretty good deal.

#82 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

:bomb: I apparently threw out the receipt for the RE6 guide I bought at $9.99 a month or so ago, so that's $5.50 I won't be getting back. :wall:

Did you buy it using your PUR account? If so, they can look it up.

#83 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Waiting for 007 Legends to go $20 or less.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#84 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I got the hG/Ss one for $5 at a used bookstore, but at $10 for the Pokedex is still a good deal.

Batsugunner.png

#85 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Did you buy it using your PUR account? If so, they can look it up.

Yeah, I did; I guess I'll look back through GS's weekly ads until I find when they had that guide "on sale" and hope that's enough info to look up the transaction. Thanks. :)

EDIT: Found it--the weekly ad for 11/28-12/4 had it at $9.99.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#86 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Anybody have an opinion on that $19.99 Skylanders case? It seems like that the case it holds the most guys but is a case really necessary? Cant you get away with a smaller Rubbermaid type tub or something like that.

Yes, don't buy the overpriced cases. My son keeps all of his in a small fishing bag I wasn't using. There are better options out there through. I can't remember off hand what people use though

#87 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm glad I had forgotten that a local GS had the Dark Souls guide in stock. I just picked it up for $2.49.

#88 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

I went to see if I can pick up a Kingdom Hearts 3DS guide. Guy said he didn't have any even though he kept referring to the game as something else (kept saying Dreamcast oddly enough). He was totally out of it though. He must of been really tired from the way he was moving around and yawning. I have no time to check other stores so I'm trying Online pick up. I do feel they have the guide.

#89 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Well I got lucky. I stopped at the GS I go to the most and they had 3 huge stacks of guides from making a walkway over the Holiday shopping time. I find 4 copies of KoA:Reckoning. One is open a beat up but the other three were sealed and in great condition. I take 2 up front and I ask him to price them. Sure enough they were $0.01 but he says they are not allowed to sell them. He asks the manager what to do and the guy says they are not allowed to sell them (I guess they are to be returned or destroyed?) but he tells the other guy to put both in a trash bag and leave it on the floor for me. He said I am in all the time so he was cool with me taking them.

Also got Borderlands 2 LE for $15.75.

#90 Ceol_CAG

Ceol_CAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Had the same issue. I know they're trying to deter penny guide pick-ups, but how do they expect to move any of this merchandise if it's not on the floor?
He even went through the trouble of telling me: 'Anything that's a penny, we don't have'. Yeah, right...got you.

Would anybody who knows anything about this nonsense care to chime in?

He isn't trying to cheat you. Merchandise that doesn't sell is "pennied out" in the system: inventory drops the item's price to a penny, which is a way of telling whether or not a certain product has been discontinued. Gamestop has an agreement with most publishers that dictates they'll get a credit for destroying those items.

You know how books have a message on one of the first couple of pages about it being stolen if it has a torn cover? A book is stripped in order to mark it as unsellable. That's what penny guides are, essentially: everything that's "pennied out" is reported as "unsold and destroyed," so Gamestop has to throw it out to keep up its end of the bargain.