Photo
- - - - -

GameStop Ad 01/02-01/08 50% Off Strategy Guides, Skylanders Deals, Price Drops, more

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#211 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I saw the 20% promo if you buy a pre-owned game AND use your PUR card.

Does anyone know if I can buy 1 game to discount all my guides? Is it 1 game per guide for the discount?

Links crossbow training discounted both guides (I only bought the one game). So I spent $.44 to get an extra 20% of the two guides. I may actually go grab the hitman CE guide tomorrow with this same strategy.

#212 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

What was the promo code for that Multibeaster79? Should list it on the reciept.

#213 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

MSUhitman knows this, but damn, sunset hills gamestop is just douche central.
so i asked what guides they had, they said yeah over there on that rack. ok...
i found a penny guide, of game of thrones, he said nope i can't sell you that, ok...
I asked about Bayonetta dlc for Anarchy Reigns preorders and he said they are probly out of them already... ok...
i then buy a few guides and games and go out to car and realize he didnt take 10% off the used wii games i got. so i go back in and he says it is too late for him to do anything about it... what a bunch of dorks. i wouldnt get anarchy reigns from them cept that I want that Bayonetta character. ugh. that whole store sucks.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#214 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

i found a penny guide, of game of thrones, he said nope i can't sell you that, ok...
I asked about Bayonetta dlc for Anarchy Reigns preorders and he said they are probly out of them already... ok...
i then buy a few guides and games and go out to car and realize he didnt take 10% off the used wii games i got. so i go back in and he says it is too late for him to do anything about it... what a bunch of dorks. i wouldnt get anarchy reigns from them cept that I want that Bayonetta character. ugh. that whole store sucks.

what garbage service. If I acted like that where I work, I would be fired in an instant. I highly doubt anarchy reigns is the hottest game of 2013, where everyone and their grandmothers preorder it, especially at Gamestop:roll:.

#215 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

What was the promo code for that Multibeaster79? Should list it on the reciept.

And it definitely applied to both guides. Not sure if you need PUR pro tho (which I do have).

#216 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Seeing how Gamestop only wanted to give me $8 for Doom 3 vs Bestbuys $20 after 100% promo, I had Bestbuy price match the $19.99 price for Sniper Elite V2.

#217 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:05 AM

And it definitely applied to both guides. Not sure if you need PUR pro tho (which I do have).

I don't believe you need PUR pro, but it takes 20% off first, then 50% after, so it isn't just 70% off.

#218 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

Damn, an extra 20% off along with the 50% is an awesome deal. Gonna get the Pokemon CE guide.

#219 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

Was going to order online, but this is how stupid it is....

Order Summary

Before Discounts: $9.99 Discounts: -$5.49 Subtotal: $4.50 Estimated Tax: $1.12 Handling: $3.49 Total: $9.11
Posted Image
Posted Image

#220 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

10118 promo code is on all my guide receipts, and i didn't buy any games with those. Pretty sure that is just the standard PUR 10% discount.

On the one receipt that i bought a new game and 2 guides, i see an additional promo on one guide only, #2831, which takes an additional 10% off(after the 10% PUR, and 50% sale were applied). Which in reality, is only 4% off total.
So, for example buying a $20 guide and a preowned game seems like it would save you about 90 cents if that is why that promo triggered.

#221 iKhaotic

iKhaotic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:24 AM

Picked up a couple more today... Batman AC CE for $15 and The Witcher 2 for $12.

I didn't realize the Arkham City CE had two different covers, I saw the online picture on Gamestop's website and figured that was the only one, when the employee brought it out the only one they had from the backroom, he even asked me if that one was fine and I said yes without even glancing at it since it was shrink wrapped. Ended up with the Batman cover, no Catwoman for me :(

#222 TwYsTeD

TwYsTeD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

picked up the hitman absolution professional edition for 15.75
Posted Image

#223 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Was going to order online, but this is how stupid it is....

Order Summary

Before Discounts: $9.99 Discounts: -$5.49 Subtotal: $4.50 Estimated Tax: $1.12 Handling: $3.49 Total: $9.11

Isn't SAVER a free shipping code? Does that not include saving on handling?

#224 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:06 AM

Isn't SAVER a free shipping code? Does that not include saving on handling?

order has to be over 24.99. Maybe I can find a few other ones still looking for Spyro Skylander Guide
Posted Image
Posted Image

#225 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

order has to be over 24.99. Maybe I can find a few other ones still looking for Spyro Skylander Guide

Oh, my bad.

#226 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

Hey guys,

Are the prices still not up online for the half price? They don't even show it online except for the ad. I was thinking that maybe I should do store pickup since the ones I want are showing low stock but I'm nervous when I get there they are all going to be full price.

I guess pickup does give the in store price anyway so that is probably the smart way to do it... but I just wanted to confirm with the pros that this is accurate before I place the order.

Thanks!

#227 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hey guys,

Are the prices still not up online for the half price? They don't even show it online except for the ad. I was thinking that maybe I should do store pickup since the ones I want are showing low stock but I'm nervous when I get there they are all going to be full price.

I guess pickup does give the in store price anyway so that is probably the smart way to do it... but I just wanted to confirm with the pros that this is accurate before I place the order.

Thanks!

Online, you add it into your cart, and the discount is added automatically.

In-store, it will ring up once they scan a guide.

#228 1NintendoFan

1NintendoFan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Online, you add it into your cart, and the discount is added automatically.

In-store, it will ring up once they scan a guide.

Awesome, thanks. I knew it would be quicker to ask here than ask in store... last time I went to Gamestop for a promo from the ad and they didn't even know what I was talking about :-#

Thanks again!

#229 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

So I got a Red Dead Redemption GOTY hardcover guide for a penny. Did I luck out? is there any resell value to this at all? haha... Its super friggin nice.

I also got the Syrim and Mass Effect 3 guides. Im thinking of going back and picking up a few more for 10 bucks and under. great stuff.
Posted Image

#230 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

So I got a Red Dead Redemption GOTY hardcover guide for a penny. Did I luck out? is there any resell value to this at all? haha... Its super friggin nice.

I also got the Syrim and Mass Effect 3 guides. Im thinking of going back and picking up a few more for 10 bucks and under. great stuff.

I think you will luck out if you get any penny guide.

#231 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

The Red Dead Redemption is worth a lot. You won't find it on eBay for less than $100. It's quite rare, and all the different stores either don't sell it, or have pennied it out, so that's a great find.

#232 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

You know that receipt you got for the purchase? Fill out the online survey and give them the absolute worst score possible. Management actually does look at those things and hopefully it will be enough for someone to talk to him about it. Maybe even fire his ass.

#233 karlgaming

karlgaming

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

How are people price matching the 50% off for use at best buy?

#234 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

You know that receipt you got for the purchase? Fill out the online survey and give them the absolute worst score possible. Management actually does look at those things and hopefully it will be enough for someone to talk to him about it. Maybe even fire his ass.

Unfortunately the DM of the area is spineless and won't do jack squat about it. Telegraph Rd. store is even worse. Only good stores in the area are Arnold & Fenton (just don't ask the store managers for game recommendations as most of them in the district hate games or only play Halo/sports.)

Still a complaint needs to be filed, especially if someone at corporate starts to look into why her district is in the bottom 1% of metrics in the company ...

#235 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

Unfortunately the DM of the area is spineless and won't do jack squat about it. Telegraph Rd. store is even worse. Only good stores in the area are Arnold & Fenton (just don't ask the store managers for game recommendations as most of them in the district hate games or only play Halo/sports.)

Still a complaint needs to be filed, especially if someone at corporate starts to look into why her district is in the bottom 1% of metrics in the company ...

I would buy cheap shit from those stores and just keep giving them terrible reviews with the receipt. Higher ups then her are bound to notice.

#236 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Don't know if this has been said but it is NOT 50% it is 60% with PUR. I just got back from GS and got Skylanders Giants for my son, and the guy told me with PUR you get the EXTRA 10% even though it is a NEW item, so it only cost $8, which was a great deal.

It's actually 55% since the 10% off reflects the price after the 50% off (e.g. $39.99 guide -> $19.99 after 50% off -> $17.99 after 10% off = 55% off).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/28]: :vita: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (4/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#237 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

Man, might have to take a drive and see if any of the 2 GS' in my town have any decent guides.

#238 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Skyrim guide for $13.50 a good deal?

#239 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

skyrim guide was 12.15 after pur discount for me. 864 pgs+ doublesided map. i'd say its worth it
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#240 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Skyrim guide for $13.50 a good deal?

Yes but beware it doesn't have Dragonborn in it & each of the last 2 Todd Howard-Bethesda developed games (Oblivion & Fallout 3) each got GotY strat guides that are the most valuable versions.