[DEAD] Brutal Legend PS3/360 - $2.99 @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#31 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

The RTS part of the game ruined it for me. I loved everything about the game until it came time to play the main part of the game... the RTS ugh. So tempted to pick it up for this price though wow.

I'm in exactly the same boat. The concept is awesome, and the gameplay was just fine the way it was in the beginning. But then the RTS portions showed up out of nowhere and killed it for me. It's still a great game, and it's definitely worth $3. But I just couldn't push myself to get through the RTS parts.

#32 Pravado

Pravado

Paul Heyman Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

not even worth it

played through the entire thing too

#33 MrBubbles

MrBubbles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

The PS3 version has an infinite loop at the store but if you add it from the search results you can do a store pickup.

Unavailable in my area, oh well, such is life.

#34 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

Anything with Jack Black in it should cost $0.25.

#35 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

yeah but i have the dlc that helps you find the collectibles, so it's a catch 22. i can't use the dlc if i don't get the patch updates. lol.
and really don't worry about the glitch unless you are going for plat. im a completionist and i didnt even hit the high 70% completion bug until i went back and tried to get all the collectibles. it can be done, but it has to be done in one sitting once you load a pre 77% completion or else it messes up your save file. i got to 76% and it was working fine. saved it and now it is corrupted or something, doh. oh wellz. ill start over and save all the collectibles til the end... some day... i dont know anything about audio bug, i just know the saved game messing up past 77% or so. and they fixed it but ea won't release it.

also i loved tim curry in it! and the 3 groups were interesting, the metalheads, goths and demons ;) and even the glam alt versions of metal heads were hilarious.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#36 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

Thanks op, picked one up.

#37 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

Wow lots of hate here. The game is easily worth $3, but it's not great. To me, the RTS sections worked perfectly fine, they just felt completely out of place. The developers strived to do something a little different and they did, but the results weren't all that great.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#38 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Some of you need to put more value on your time, especially if you have a backlog.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#39 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

I'll bite if it ever gets to $0.99.

#40 pezdspncr

pezdspncr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

Nice. Just got the last one at the mission viejo,ca store :)

#41 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

I bought the game awhile back when it was $10 and loved it. I traded it in awhile ago, but at this price I had to pick it up again. I am a metal head though, so I'm a little biased.
Posted Image

#42 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Great price. Thanks Op.

#43 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:12 AM

Great price! Thanks OP. I picked up a copy, and I was able to redeem the Rock Band DLC voucher! $3.25 with tax. I finished the game years ago for the PS3 so having a X360 copy is awesome.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#44 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

Sweet! All the stores around me have it here in northeast Ohio. Thanks OP!

Nice! That's basically where I live. Where in NE Ohio are ya?

:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown

#45 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Game was very meh when it came out. But for $3 its worth a try for anyone curious. The core idea was pretty good, but wrapping it in the psuedo-RTS gameplay really was a bizarre choice. Frankly I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it was just a fairly bland 3rd person action game. Its the stuff around the gameplay that made the game enjoyable.

I have an in store order, but I'll see if I pick it up or not. I neve finished the game, maybe 5 hours or so and the gameplay just got boring to me and I guess I just quit and never went back to it. Traded it in a long time ago.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#46 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:02 AM

This was part of the trifecta of games that I bought my 360 for (the others being Ghostbusters and Bionic Commando) but I never quite got around to picking it up.

That's changed, and I just put in a in-store pickup order.

oIi9lub.png

#47 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Sweet! All the stores around me have it here in northeast Ohio. Thanks OP!

Nice! That's basically where I live. Where in NE Ohio are ya?

I picked up my copy at the Brookpark Rd store. :bouncy:

#48 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

I picked up my copy at the Brookpark Rd store. :bouncy:

Nice! I know where that is. I just recently moved to the Boardman area.

:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life

#49 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

I ordered mine online for store pickup last night, and walked in this morning to pick it up. Great deal.

Played the first level. So far, quite entertaining story wise and great Jack Black voiceovers. So far, it doesn't disappoint!

#50 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

So far, it doesn't disappoint!

Famous last words. ;) Seriously though, I hope you are the rare person who enjoys the entire experience!

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#51 2n2

2n2

Pro game backlog builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

I ordered mine online for store pickup last night, and walked in this morning to pick it up. Great deal.

Played the first level. So far, quite entertaining story wise and great Jack Black voiceovers. So far, it doesn't disappoint!

Uh Oh.

#52 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

Ordered one last night too. Going to pick up in a few.

#53 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

I bought the game used a long time back for $5. Enjoyed the game and sold it back for probably this amount. I can't pass up buying a new game at this price though. There were a lot of achievements I missed anyways.

#54 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Well that really sucks. Not a single Best Buy around here has the PS3 version in stock. And what's the point of mentioning free shipping on the item page and not allowing shipping?

:wall:

#55 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well worth it at rental price. I rented it when it came out and got over 500 gamerscore by simply doing the main missions.

#56 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Wow lots of hate here. The game is easily worth $3, but it's not great. To me, the RTS sections worked perfectly fine, they just felt completely out of place. The developers strived to do something a little different and they did, but the results weren't all that great.

That's pretty much how I felt about the RTS sections. I liked the game a lot more before the RTS parts were introduced.

I remember being tricked by the demo and buying this game when it was released. $3 is about what it's worth.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#57 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

No brainer at this price. I was really looking forward to the game and have to admit that I was a little disappointed with it @ $60. However, I feel the game is worth $20 or so. The OST is absolutely amazing and integrated into the game quite well.

#58 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

I should have ordered this yesterday for in store pick up. I waited and now that I want to order it its OOS at all the closest best buys around me. :-(

#59 tresyn

tresyn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I can also confirm that the Rock Band voucher still works, even though it “expired” three years ago today (12/31/09). This isn’t the first time I’ve redeemed an “expired” EA code. I wonder why they attach an expiration date if it doesn’t mean anything.
Anyway, if you biting on this deal for the Rock Band songs, be sure that the copy has a “Limited Editon Bonus Offer” on the cover art.

#60 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

I can also confirm that the Rock Band voucher still works, even though it “expired” three years ago today (12/31/09). This isn’t the first time I’ve redeemed an “expired” EA code. I wonder why they attach an expiration date if it doesn’t mean anything.
Anyway, if you biting on this deal for the Rock Band songs, be sure that the copy has a “Limited Editon Bonus Offer” on the cover art.

Ditto! Just redeemed the code and the music pack is downloading as we speak! :)