[DEAD] Brutal Legend PS3/360 - $2.99 @ Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 PurpleJesus74

PurpleJesus74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

This was the cheapest PS3 game i ever bought for $.97 at Sears a couple years back.Really not my kind of game but i like metal music so i couldnt pass it up.I think i ended up beating the game and traded it in.I'd say its worth 3 bucks for anybody curious,although id agree the RTS was frustrating.

Edited by PurpleJesus74, 01 January 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

#62 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

yeah but i have the dlc that helps you find the collectibles, so it's a catch 22. i can't use the dlc if i don't get the patch updates. lol.
and really don't worry about the glitch unless you are going for plat. im a completionist and i didnt even hit the high 70% completion bug until i went back and tried to get all the collectibles. it can be done, but it has to be done in one sitting once you load a pre 77% completion or else it messes up your save file. i got to 76% and it was working fine. saved it and now it is corrupted or something, doh. oh wellz. ill start over and save all the collectibles til the end... some day... i dont know anything about audio bug, i just know the saved game messing up past 77% or so. and they fixed it but ea won't release it.

also i loved tim curry in it! and the 3 groups were interesting, the metalheads, goths and demons ;) and even the glam alt versions of metal heads were hilarious.

Wait there is a patch that shows where stuff is located? I spent like 7 hours just looking for the dragons. I am still rocking the original disc software. (I haven't played it since my ps3 has been online).

#63 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

I'm really starting to hate Bestbuy with their store pickup. They have managed to mess it up at every single opportunity.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#64 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

went in today just to see if their site lied and indeed they had one copy left on the shelf picked it up and had to PM it from the site. saved 20 bucks as the guy said they were charging 22.99 for it
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#65 ryne candy

ryne candy

Duck Duck Duck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

went in today just to see if their site lied and indeed they had one copy left on the shelf picked it up and had to PM it from the site. saved 20 bucks as the guy said they were charging 22.99 for it

thats odd...the cashier rung it up at 2.99 earlier afternoon. He did chuckle because of the price but didn't ask questions. I enjoyed the game when I rented it when it was released even with the clunky RTS scheme.

#66 pezdspncr

pezdspncr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Had to price match mine too. It rang up as $11.99

#67 AnubisRW

AnubisRW

You took too long....now your candy's gone...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

Wait there is a patch that shows where stuff is located? I spent like 7 hours just looking for the dragons. I am still rocking the original disc software. (I haven't played it since my ps3 has been online).

It wasn't a patch, it was an eyeball that mounted on your car that looked towards any hidden stuff you hadn't found yet (dragons, songs, ect...)

BeanUppercut.png

AnubisRW.jpg

#68 fishface45

fishface45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:47 AM

Game was pretty good until the clunky and unnecessary RTS portion started.

+1, it made the game unplayable for me.

#69 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

It wasn't a patch, it was an eyeball that mounted on your car that looked towards any hidden stuff you hadn't found yet (dragons, songs, ect...)

Crap, I didn't know that. I wonder if I can 100% complete the game if I am offline and running the old software. Anyone know if it is possible?

#70 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Called up yesterday and even tho the site said they were OOS whoever picked up the phone said they had one left and he held it for me at customer service. Picked it up earlier rang up $2.99 brand new!!! Also decided to pick up the skyrim revised and edited guide while I was there with the gamer club offer.

#71 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

geez, how many copies of this did EA have printed? just about every retailer has had this below $5 at some point.

#72 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I picked one up today, still on sale for $2.99. This was after I ordered one online for in store pick up, and they cancelled it saying they had none in stock. I knew that was wrong, so I went to that store today and they had like 5 in stock.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#73 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

The free Rock Band DLC makes this deal even sweeter.
FYI, every copy at my store had the DLC included. EA definitely over-estimated how much this game would sell. haha
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#74 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

E3 @tokyostomp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

i picked up the last 360 copy at glendora ca. i wanted ps3 but it was out.

i did see a soul calibur v ce ps3 version there. i was tempted but decided it wasn't for me.

#75 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

i picked up the last 360 copy at glendora ca. i wanted ps3 but it was out.

i did see a soul calibur v ce ps3 version there. i was tempted but decided it wasn't for me.

You're better off with the Xbox version. The ps3 is plagued with a bug that can & will corrupt your save past a certain completion point.

#76 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I actually bought this at release and only started playing it this past October, a whopping three years later :p I thought it was a blast. The RTS elements could have been more refined, but they didn't stop the game from being an enjoyable experience overall. Granted, I only got to about 80% complete :p I need to get back to that...

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#77 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

+1, it made the game unplayable for me.

Same. I knew it was RTS going in (I also bought it dirt cheap like others long after its release) but I'm sitting at about 75% completion because it became too much of a chore.

#78 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I picked mine up today. I allready played half through.

Ill insta trade it on vgfive as disc only. Get some trade points keep the green case and rockband songs for 3.00 sounds good to me.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#79 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

Great deal. I wish there was shipping. Closest Best Buy is about 2 hours away. :(

Think Amazon would price match?

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#80 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Our BB pricematched the used copy to the new copy price without question or issue.. he was happy to oblige us.

For $2.99, I'm happy with even a used copy.

#81 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Should edit, because this deal is DEAD!