Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy Ad - 1/6-1/12 - 100% Trade In Credit - MOH Warfighter $29.99 - ZombiU $44.99

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 srac84

srac84

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

Btw, in another thread it's been mentioned that MOH is 19.99 at Meijer next week or this week I can't remember lol, so if you have one near you you could check it out!

#32 buffdrew84

buffdrew84

Used PSI Cheapness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

I scored a sealed Zombie U at a closing blockbuster video yesterday for 30. They also had assassins creed 3, epic mickey 2, madden 13 and cod black ops 2.

Grizzly Bear says

"Mo Honey Mo Problems"

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#33 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

I scored a sealed Zombie U at a closing blockbuster video yesterday for 30. They also had assassins creed 3, epic mickey 2, madden 13 and cod black ops 2.

If they're closing, why would they carry new games? O.o

#34 buffdrew84

buffdrew84

Used PSI Cheapness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

If they're closing, why would they carry new games? O.o

They must have been the leftovers that they never sold.

Grizzly Bear says

"Mo Honey Mo Problems"

Tradelist:

http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=151559

#35 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

But Why do people on CAG say this all the time.

because it's CAG. Everything will be $5 at some point, WE JUST KNOW IT

#36 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well, I guess that saves me the hassle of having to get Best Buy to price match Target on ZombiU.

Now if they were running some sort of B2G1 deal it'd be sweet, as I want to pick up both Batman and ZombiU.

Edit: It sucks to see Epic Mickey 2 & the Power of Illusions' price drops so quickly as I bought it at launch, but then I remember that I paid like $40 for the both of them via coupons and vouchers so I get over it.

oIi9lub.png

#37 Wolfman

Wolfman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Thats weird, because the original MoH's redeeming glory was the amazing SP. the online MP was broken for a long time and then was all snipers because it was 1 hit kills no matter where you hit the person.

Although I held out on this title as of the previous' price drop. Am waiting for $15 or less for this one. Might skip it all together:

I picked up MOH:Warfighter at BBY on Black Friday for the same price. Just started playing the SP Campaign, and I'm enjoying it so far. It's not as good as the Call of Duty games, but if you're already bored with those, then this is defnitely worth checking out.

It's $27.99 used at Gamestiop before the discount, and you have a week to exchange it for something else if you don't like it.

#38 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Amazon price matched Best Buy on the ZombiU. It's $45.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#39 Chrasilis

Chrasilis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Remember the CAG16 + SAVER + 10% PUR discount codes at GameStop.com. Wii U games are so new that I've yet to see a used game in bad condition, so you're likely to get a like new game for $41+tax.

Used copies of New Super Mario Bros. U, ZombiU and a few others are also in stock, so go nuts. ;)

#40 clyparkr

clyparkr

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

damn i was really hoping for a sale on the tritton warheads

#41 rohitman

rohitman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:53 PM

u must not have been paying attention. Last time I checked nintendo takes their sweet time when dropping prices. In 2014/2015 it'll b $20 msrp b then PS4/720 wil have better versions

You're right, I don't pay much attention. I guess I have Red Steel on my mind and I'm pretty sure that got cheap fast. The launch games tend to eventually drop and I think they did for the 3ds as well. First party nintendo games are a different story.

#42 sanges99

sanges99

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Booooooo. I signed up for GCU with the extra-$10 from the "Buy $50 GC" not realizing I was going to get emailed the Welcome Package coupons :hot:FOR IMMEDIATE USE:hot: and they're going to expire with this upcoming ad. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what I'm looking to to use my B2G1 $40 game coupon with.

Annnd here's my woeful violin solo... :-({|=

25u01gl.gif

I think I may have a problem...

#43 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Zombi u is a blast.
get ready for a challenge though.
It's pretty hardcore, and makes fantastic use of the Wii u pad.
No regrets here.

#44 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Medal of Honor Warfighter worth it @ $29.99? I enjoyed the single player of the other one, but hated the multi. Has the game been improved on both multi and single player?

As has already been commented on a few times, while MOH Warfighter's campaign is still better than COD (I like to make the comparison of watching anything made by Michael Bay (COD) vs something like The Hurt Locker), it doesn't even come close to being as good as the last MOH single player. Was really disappointed and immediately sold mine on Ebay for like $34.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#45 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

No scans

#46 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

it doesn't even come close to being as good as the last MOH single player.

That's what I was waiting to hear. Dammit.

I really enjoyed the last MoH. Shame the new one failed.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#47 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

That's what I was waiting to hear. Dammit.

I really enjoyed the last MoH. Shame the new one failed.

Yeah, it was just lacking. The level in the first one where you and your squad are suddenly pinned down as basically an entire mountain is coming down on you and there is no amo to re-arm and you start by assuming the cavalry will come but quickly start to think this will be a "your character dies" mission... seriously, one of the best moments in gaming from this generation.

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#48 SonicGamer

SonicGamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

Well, if they give me grief for price matching Target's ZombiU price, I can tell them it's $44.99 next week at their own store. Still expecting/hoping for $40 in my price match window time.

zombiu is 38.99 at lockerz i bought it

#49 ThirdFall

ThirdFall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I wish bestbuy had more preowned newer releases online. (PS3)

#50 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Is the 100% trade in work on games only or consoles too? I may want to trade in my Xbox 360 since I want to buy the slim model. Does anyone know how much credit you can get for one at BB?

#51 zyk

zyk

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Is the 100% trade in work on games only or consoles too? I may want to trade in my Xbox 360 since I want to buy the slim model. Does anyone know how much credit you can get for one at BB?

i dont think they take in consoles.

#52 ThirdFall

ThirdFall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Is Tekken Tag Tournament 2 worth it? Bestbuy has it preowned for 34.99

#53 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Best buy doesn't have a TIV for Ivy the Kiwi? on Wii. The store wanted to give me a generic 50 cents, o hell no.

#54 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

i dont think they take in consoles.

They do, but I dont know if the 100% trade in value is for hardware as well.

http://www.bestbuytr...system-consoles

#55 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

As has already been commented on a few times, while MOH Warfighter's campaign is still better than COD (I like to make the comparison of watching anything made by Michael Bay (COD) vs something like The Hurt Locker), it doesn't even come close to being as good as the last MOH single player. Was really disappointed and immediately sold mine on Ebay for like $34.

No it's not. That's just a silly thing to say.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#56 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

No it's not. That's just a silly thing to say.

I feel the COD campaigns were designed with 12 year olds in mind. Are they sometimes cool, even fun, yeah I'm not denying that. Personally I kind of find it like comparing the film "Shoot em' Up" with "Saving Private Ryan". "Shoot em' Up" was kind of fun, but I seriously had to go and look it up to make sure I even had the right movie in mind because it was kind of mindless and forgettable. I did not have to double check the name of "Saving Private Ryan." I can't even really describe a single really overly memorable scene from any of the Modern Warfare titles, just a general story line. And Black Ops was one of the worst (non budget titles) I played that year. Haven't played Black Ops 2 so I can't comment on it.

#57 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

I feel the COD campaigns were designed with 12 year olds in mind. Are they sometimes cool, even fun, yeah I'm not denying that. Personally I kind of find it like comparing the film "Shoot em' Up" with "Saving Private Ryan". "Shoot em' Up" was kind of fun, but I seriously had to go and look it up to make sure I even had the right movie in mind because it was kind of mindless and forgettable. I did not have to double check the name of "Saving Private Ryan." I can't even really describe a single really overly memorable scene from any of the Modern Warfare titles, just a general story line. And Black Ops was one of the worst (non budget titles) I played that year. Haven't played Black Ops 2 so I can't comment on it.

There's a lot of variety in the CoD campaigns. You aren't always running from one area to the next and clearing out enemies. That's all Warfighter is aside from some awful driving parts.

Not comparing it to CoD in any way, there really isn't anything good about Warfighter, certainly nothing to compare it to Saving Private Ryan. I can't think of one good thing to say about it honestly, and I play games like these for the campaign. I barely touch multi-player.

And if you think these games aren't aimed at the same audience, you're crazy. One of the first things that happens in the Warfighter campaign is everything exploding. How is that not Michael Bay-like?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#58 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

There's a lot of variety in the CoD campaigns. You aren't always running from one area to the next and clearing out enemies. That's all Warfighter is aside from some awful driving parts.

Not comparing it to CoD in any way, there really isn't anything good about Warfighter, certainly nothing to compare it to Saving Private Ryan. I can't think of one good thing to say about it honestly, and I play games like these for the campaign. I barely touch multi-player.

And if you think these games aren't aimed at the same audience, you're crazy. One of the first things that happens in the Warfighter campaign is everything exploding. How is that not Michael Bay-like?

I still think Warfighter was slightly better that COD but already stated before that it was lacking. Seriously. Warfighter is (primarily) about a small squad of soldiers tracking down a terrorist cell and attempting to take out top leadership in a series of mostly covert, deep behind enemy lines missions. The first was similar though had some more "big army" stuff mixed in as well and was all around told better. If I recall correctly, the general arch of Modern Warfare involves a at least one nuke going off wiping out a significant amount of US troops, a massive Russian invasion of the United States (that is more or less ignored in the third game after like the first mission), another nuke being set off, and so on. They both have explosions, no doubt (So did "Saving Private Ryan" by the way), but one has a story more about the soldiers you are playing as, the other has a story more about the explosions.

I mean, to each his own and I mean that genuinely, but to me the COD single players are mindless. Mindless fun to a limited extent, but mostly mindless.

#59 Apostle22

Apostle22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

So do the TIV on best buys website have the 100% mark up included or do you just basically double whatever price it gives?

apostle22.jpg

Dangerboy.png

#60 zyk

zyk

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

So do the TIV on best buys website have the 100% mark up included or do you just basically double whatever price it gives?

double the price they give you