Resident Evil 6 for PS3 - $19.99 at TRU, In-Store Only

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#31 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Two things about stock: 1. TRU stock locator for store pickup will show out of stock if there is three or less of anything left, so there may actually be something there. 2. Most TRU are coming up on inventory within the week and they're not bothering to replenish anything because of it.

#32 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

I hope the "gold" version will have everything that the wii U version will have. Based on the reviews so far, every cross platform game released on the wii u has been worse performance wise because of the slow cpu.

Please don't start that here as that is 100% untrue.

#33 telemundus

telemundus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

This game is wildly underrated, especially after the last patch which lets you adjust the camera FOV to RE 4 levels and wider. The raw mechanics of the game are top notch for any TPS, considering the amount of tools at your disposal and the variety of enemies that you encounter. Scenario design is definitely more uneven (sometimes comically ridiculous) than would be expected, but one campaign has more going on than most games as a whole. Reminds me of DMC 1 in that they let you perform everything your character is doing, not just watching a token cinema, even if it is jarring.

The Dark/Demon's Souls style agent hunt mode adds a lot to the game which rarely gets mentioned. Finally activated it today and the two guys that "invaded" made the game more challenging and fun on normal than professional. Coop mercenaries is definitely best part of the game though since there is no garbage scenario BS to deal with and can just focus on the core gameplay.

While I could see how people disliked it if they used 1/10 of the options available and played it like some generic cover shooter with the formerly claustrophobic camera, there's a lot of fun in the game if you experiment to play efficiently at all, especially in coop (naturally).

#34 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

I think something is wrong with their online inventory every zip I type in and all the posts here say OOS... Maybe i'll swing in and look for it tomorrow, $20 is a easy buy but it won't be long before it's cheaper on Gamefly. Heard alot of gripes but still I wanna try it, I made myself not play the demo waiting for a deal.

#35 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

will wait for gamefly 14.99 sale. with 2013 so packed in Q1-2 expect a lot of the games from 2012 to get huge price drops.

resident evil 6-$14.99(i heard the single player is about 25-30hrs long can someone confirm it)
darksiders 2-$14.99
Sleeping Dogs-$14.99
Borderlands 2-$under 20
Dishonored_under $20 but would like it to be $14.99
Hitman-Under $20-maybe will wait for GF sale

also want to get ME Trilogy when its under $25 maybe under $20

other than that i am pretty up to date with my backlog

#36 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

25-Star General of the PSNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:08 AM

^That's about right on the RE6 length.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (9/25/14): Don't Tell Me What to Do, Pharm!

#37 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

So this is confirmed to be at all Toys R Us? I may have to swing through my store to make sure.
:360: Disney Infinity, Walking Dead Season 2 :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#38 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

^That's about right on the RE6 length.

so single player is about 25-30hrs? damn that's long

#39 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

Going to wait on a gold edtion, but that is a good price for anybody who wants to jump in now.
And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#40 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:18 AM

might pick this up to add to the backlog

#41 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Picked up a copy for :ps3: tonight at the confirmed price of $19.99.

They actually had a tag that stated the game was on sale for $39.99 ($20 off). Glad it rung up per the OP as I had to drive 25 minutes one way to go get it ;)
Posted Image

#42 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

well i just checked, and my local TRU is out of stock for the ps3 version, but it did say that they had the 360 version available, i guess ill see tomorrow if the 360 version is the same price, or maybe they even have the ps3 version by then ?

#43 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 AM

Picked up a copy for :ps3: tonight at the confirmed price of $19.99.

They actually had a tag that stated the game was on sale for $39.99 ($20 off). Glad it rung up per the OP as I had to drive 25 minutes one way to go get it ;)

did you see if the 360 version was the same price ?

#44 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:55 AM

hell no fuk this game

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#45 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I really hope I can find this for $19.99!
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life

#46 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

Excellent game for local coop with your girlfriend or wife.

My wife is a big RE fan and we always play the games together. The introduction of splitscreen coop in 5 was perfect for us even if it was weaker than 4.

Only reason we hadn't picked this up was we had plenty to do and little time to do it, but not going to pass up a copy for $20.

#47 desertraider

desertraider

Beer Drinkers Make Better Lovers.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

Called the local TRU and they told me it was on sale in their ad for $29.99 but no sign stating $19.99. Hope some CAGs can find it at that price.

#48 tommythethumb

tommythethumb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

hell no fuk this game

hell no fuk this comment

See how this game works?

#49 dustdust

dustdust

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Tempting, but I'll wait for inevitable Steam price drop.

Based on my experience with the demo and reading/watching reviews, it's something that i can wait for

Untitled.jpg

dustdust_ps.png

#50 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

It's amazing how people bash this game so much...
I found this to be a better game than RE5.

Also if Claire's gonna show up, what about Jill?

#51 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

did you see if the 360 version was the same price ?

Nope. The store was in the process of closing plus with no signage, I wasn't going to take the time to see about the :360: version (just wanted to hit & run to get home to the wife...)

#52 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

hell no fuk this comment

See how this game works?

works better than RE6

8-)

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#53 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

For those who don't check the Target Clearance Thread and are near a Target, this might be worth checking out: http://www.cheapassg...96#post10342096

YMMV, OF COURSE.

I scored a fucking sweet deal tonight at the East Liberty Target in Pittsburgh. I found a :ps3: Resident Evil 6 Anthology in one of the overflow endcaps marked at full price ($89.99). It didn't have any DCPI, Online item or Repackaged stickers on it. Luckily I decided to give it a scan and it came up at $26.98! 70% off! I'm guessing it hit the clearance cycle but whatever worker was marking games never updated it with the clearance stickers. It might be a wild goose chase for most of you but if you saw one of these in an endcap its worth a trip to give it a scan. Hopefully some other CAG's can find it. Here's a pic for proof.

EDIT: I'm a dope and forgot the DCPI is on the receipt. Its 207 24 0758 for :ps3: RE 6 Anthology.
Posted Image

Change the 90210 zip(the zip code in the search bar/web address) to yours and click Enter, whoever wants to search for that RE6 Anthology: http://m.target.com/...errorPage=fiats

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#54 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

Stopped taking that "rumor" seriously when they said there was another Operation series on the way :roll:

#55 teqno

teqno

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hey guys! Those of you checking their online stash well, you're being tricked. TRU likes to do these with sale title games. I can guarantee it's in stock at your local TRU. How do I know you may ask? Well The last 2 times I bought one of those 2 x $60 deals..I would order them online for store pickup, for both times. One will be in stock the other I would have to order it saying there is no stock available within a 50-100 mile radius. First time I said ok, did my pickup Battlefield 3 and what do I see? Max Payne 3 on the shelf with 5 copies.....The second time I went , did the store pickup order only one game available.. and well the can guess the rest.

I think they do this so there will be copies for the people who actually go there for other merch.. Just head over there, I can say 95% there are copies, or you can just call.

#56 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:21 PM

I can say with personal knowledge that TRU (at least at my local store) witholds inventory during certain sales.

They will put a certain number of copies on the floor and keep the rest in the back until the following sunday.

#57 crazylox2001

crazylox2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

any way i can get them to price match at bb

#58 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

Just stopped in to local TRU and no deal for me. Rang up at $39.99. Either YMMY, or ended yesterday.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#59 Stryffe2004

Stryffe2004

Overlord of the Obvious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

they're just mad this isn't the resident evil they grew up with

And if it was the RE they grew up with, they would say "Crapcom is just shoveling out the same game every year!" (See Call of Duty comments.) I'm glad they changed it up, just like I'm glad Dead Space 3 is doing something different. Certain types of games can be released year in and year out with minor tweaking, but how many times is a person going to be stuck in a place overwhelmed by X (zombie, aliens, monsters) and find himself alone with limited ammo?

Capcom gets a lot of hate, but Resident Evil 5, Dragon's Dogma, Lost Planet 1 and 2, Marvel v. Capcom 3, Street Fighter IV etc. are really good games. The one thing that sickens me is charging for the Azura's Wrath "true" ending. That's terrible.
Posted Image

#60 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Just stopped in to local TRU and no deal for me. Rang up at $39.99. Either YMMY, or ended yesterday.

Where did you try? I'm going out to try soon...