Resident Evil 6 for PS3 - $19.99 at TRU, In-Store Only

S_G

CAGiversary!
TRU has RE6 for PS3 at $19.99. Appears to be in-store only for now and was clearly marked with signs showing the sale price.

The Xbox version was not marked for sale at $19.99, but I didn't have the price checked.

Credit to dezign_guy at SD for posting this first.

Here is a scan of the receipt:

357kf21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
usually I would be all over this but all the bad reviews from friends tell me it's not even worth the effort to finish this sen

Its really not as bad as people made it out to be.

I traded mine in when Gamestop was giving 25+ for it since I had a feeling I could get it back for cheap fast

Looks like my closest TRU still has it. Might make the drive to see tomorrow, 20$ would be my perfect price for this. Especially since I still have a few friends that play it like crazy.

[quote name='coopscohen']No stores in my area have this in stock. How is that possible for a fairly new game?[/QUOTE]

TRU may have the worst online stock checker out there... well, second only to K Mart but they don't count as they aren't a real store. I look at them as just one level above a really organized rummage sale.

I saw the :360: version on sale for $19.99 at a TRU I visited; I couldn't verify it was for :ps3: as well because they didn't have any copies.

[quote name='Diad']OoS in nearest locations as well. They going to make a "gold" version like RE5?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are, with Claire DLC.

[quote name='Diad']OoS in nearest locations as well. They going to make a "gold" version like RE5?[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 6 Pyrite Edition

I would get one but it shows no Toys R Us around me has it in stock as well. If I see one on friday ill get it but think ill just wait for the No Hope edition to come out on the Wii U

I never understood some of the negative reviews this game got. It may not be your traditional RE survival horror now that its more action oriented but it's still a good game. It's definitely above average in the gameplay, graphics and sound department. Who doesn't enjoy shooting zombies...minus the overuse of QTE. $20 is a great price!

[quote name='plastikpyro']I never understood some of the negative reviews this game got. It may not be your traditional RE survival horror now that its more action oriented but it's still a good game. It's definitely above average in the gameplay, graphics and sound department. Who doesn't enjoy shooting zombies...minus the overuse of QTE. $20 is a great price![/QUOTE]

Exactly. $20 is a great deal for this game. It has tons of content and is an above average game. I'd say even $40 is worth it. It may not be the best RE game, but the beating it gets is completely overblown. It's fashionable to hate Capcom and people are sore it's not a true survival horror series anymore.

[quote name='plastikpyro']I never understood some of the negative reviews this game got. It may not be your traditional RE survival horror now that its more action oriented but it's still a good game. It's definitely above average in the gameplay, graphics and sound department. Who doesn't enjoy shooting zombies...minus the overuse of QTE. $20 is a great price![/QUOTE]

It's definitely not a traditional RE game, but I thought it was just barely an average third person shooter. The cover system is finicky and doesn't work that great, and the pacing is really bad. I found it bad as a game in general, not just bad as an RE game.

Their locator is bananas. I might have to swing by their after work before I go BestBuy to see if they have any. Then I have to figure out how to pm.

[quote name='Deader2818']I have heard rumors that a Wii U version is being worked on that will have a 5th campaign with Claire and someone else along with other things and a "gold" one will be out for 360 and PS3.

http://www.examiner.com/article/res...e-may-be-coming-to-wii-u-with-claire-and-more[/QUOTE]

I hope the "gold" version will have everything that the wii U version will have. Based on the reviews so far, every cross platform game released on the wii u has been worse performance wise because of the slow cpu.

Two things about stock: 1. TRU stock locator for store pickup will show out of stock if there is three or less of anything left, so there may actually be something there. 2. Most TRU are coming up on inventory within the week and they're not bothering to replenish anything because of it.

[quote name='bruceg']I hope the "gold" version will have everything that the wii U version will have. Based on the reviews so far, every cross platform game released on the wii u has been worse performance wise because of the slow cpu.[/QUOTE]

Please don't start that here as that is 100% untrue.

This game is wildly underrated, especially after the last patch which lets you adjust the camera FOV to RE 4 levels and wider. The raw mechanics of the game are top notch for any TPS, considering the amount of tools at your disposal and the variety of enemies that you encounter. Scenario design is definitely more uneven (sometimes comically ridiculous) than would be expected, but one campaign has more going on than most games as a whole. Reminds me of DMC 1 in that they let you perform everything your character is doing, not just watching a token cinema, even if it is jarring.

The Dark/Demon's Souls style agent hunt mode adds a lot to the game which rarely gets mentioned. Finally activated it today and the two guys that "invaded" made the game more challenging and fun on normal than professional. Coop mercenaries is definitely best part of the game though since there is no garbage scenario BS to deal with and can just focus on the core gameplay.

While I could see how people disliked it if they used 1/10 of the options available and played it like some generic cover shooter with the formerly claustrophobic camera, there's a lot of fun in the game if you experiment to play efficiently at all, especially in coop (naturally).

I think something is wrong with their online inventory every zip I type in and all the posts here say OOS... Maybe i'll swing in and look for it tomorrow, $20 is a easy buy but it won't be long before it's cheaper on Gamefly. Heard alot of gripes but still I wanna try it, I made myself not play the demo waiting for a deal.

will wait for gamefly 14.99 sale. with 2013 so packed in Q1-2 expect a lot of the games from 2012 to get huge price drops.

resident evil 6-$14.99(i heard the single player is about 25-30hrs long can someone confirm it)
darksiders 2-$14.99
Sleeping Dogs-$14.99
Borderlands 2-$under 20
Dishonored_under $20 but would like it to be $14.99
Hitman-Under $20-maybe will wait for GF sale

also want to get ME Trilogy when its under $25 maybe under $20

other than that i am pretty up to date with my backlog

Picked up a copy for :ps3: tonight at the confirmed price of $19.99.

They actually had a tag that stated the game was on sale for $39.99 ($20 off). Glad it rung up per the OP as I had to drive 25 minutes one way to go get it ;)

well i just checked, and my local TRU is out of stock for the ps3 version, but it did say that they had the 360 version available, i guess ill see tomorrow if the 360 version is the same price, or maybe they even have the ps3 version by then ?

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Picked up a copy for :ps3: tonight at the confirmed price of $19.99.

They actually had a tag that stated the game was on sale for $39.99 ($20 off). Glad it rung up per the OP as I had to drive 25 minutes one way to go get it ;)[/QUOTE]

did you see if the 360 version was the same price ?

[quote name='TooPoor']Excellent game for local coop with your girlfriend or wife.[/QUOTE]

My wife is a big RE fan and we always play the games together. The introduction of splitscreen coop in 5 was perfect for us even if it was weaker than 4.

Only reason we hadn't picked this up was we had plenty to do and little time to do it, but not going to pass up a copy for $20.

Called the local TRU and they told me it was on sale in their ad for $29.99 but no sign stating $19.99. Hope some CAGs can find it at that price.

Tempting, but I'll wait for inevitable Steam price drop.

Based on my experience with the demo and reading/watching reviews, it's something that i can wait for

bread's done
Back