• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#211 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Awesome, thanks.

Wonder if BBY will let me PM since the pic clearly shows the game OOS. Most of the time I get a PM from showing them my phone, it's a generic website price or something..never an actual photo of the shelf price...I know their technical policy is to match only if the competitor has it in stock..

Worth a shot tomorrow though, I suppose...got plenty of BBY credit to blow.

I know my stores never really care whether they have stuff in stock, just confirming the prices. Though, I know some refuse to go by another other than whats in the books.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#212 Duncanzits

Duncanzits

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

YMMV Generator Rex and Adventures of Tintin now $9.98 each at Toysrus

ChowderlyDude.png

#213 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

I'm feeling like this is a price glitch ... checked my local TRU and they had it for $20 off, the tag read $59.99 -$20 = $39.99. I asked the lady to Scan it too; on her handheld scanner it came up as $39.99. She said if there was a promotion, her scanner may be outdated or it may not pop up, so she brought it over to her register and scanned it and it came up as $29.99. Close, but not cigar. Next nearest TRU is too far away to make it worth the trip. I'll wait for the inevitable Gamefly sale on this one.

Actually, I think what may have happened is this game just got a universal price drop to $39.99 (saw it for this price at Target, Best Buy and Amazon), so $20 off that is $19.99.

#214 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:26 AM

Actually, I think what may have happened is this game just got a universal price drop to $39.99 (saw it for this price at Target, Best Buy and Amazon), so $20 off that is $19.99.

Hmm, and not all stores may have updated yet? If that's the case, then I wonder how long the $20 off deal goes for?

ach.png

#215 primalcarnage

primalcarnage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'm feeling like this is a price glitch ... checked my local TRU and they had it for $20 off, the tag read $59.99 -$20 = $39.99. I asked the lady to Scan it too; on her handheld scanner it came up as $39.99. She said if there was a promotion, her scanner may be outdated or it may not pop up, so she brought it over to her register and scanned it and it came up as $29.99. Close, but not cigar. Next nearest TRU is too far away to make it worth the trip. I'll wait for the inevitable Gamefly sale on this one.

It's not a price glitch, not at the store I went to anyways. I went and got my PS3 copy today, it even had the "20$ off" and it also had a tag showing 19.99 for the PS3 only. They still had at least 5-6 copies in the case.

The 360 version also had the 20$ off, and another tag saying 29.99 (after the -20$).

Sorry you couldn't get it. It sucks when a deal works at one place and not another....:cry:

#216 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

It's not a price glitch, not at the store I went to anyways. I went and got my PS3 copy today, it even had the "20$ off" and it also had a tag showing 19.99 for the PS3 only. They still had at least 5-6 copies in the case.

The 360 version also had the 20$ off, and another tag saying 29.99 (after the -20$).

Sorry you couldn't get it. It sucks when a deal works at one place and not another....:cry:

Went to my local TRU had them scan the 360 version of RE6 and it was $40. They had the same sign up for the PS3 version as another person posted. Agree with the above poster and will wait for the GF sale. Good deal for folks looking for this on PS3.

#217 Asadi

Asadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

i got the ps3 version last night for 19.99. wanted xbox though but they were out of stock. :/

#218 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Gotta go check this out after work today. Online inventory shows a store close to me has it.

#219 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

I checked my toys r us yesterday. They were out of the ps3 versions and the 360 version was 29.99. Hopefully there will be another sale down the road, and no gold version or anything.

#220 gummo79

gummo79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Picked 1 up, it's fun.

#221 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yay, found P3 one and even the gaming rep knew it was $20. No $20 tag though.

#222 BuffyOfTheDead

BuffyOfTheDead

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

I guess I did it right? New to Flickr lol

Spoiler

Thanks for this! I couldn't find it in stock at TRU, so I used this picture to PM Best Buy! I've been waiting for a price drop on this game since it came out! Super happy to finally be able to buy it! :D

#223 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

Thanks for this! I couldn't find it in stock at TRU, so I used this picture to PM Best Buy! I've been waiting for a price drop on this game since it came out! Super happy to finally be able to buy it! :D

might try this suprised it actually worked.

Kamagii.png

#224 BuffyOfTheDead

BuffyOfTheDead

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

I will add that the guy I got seemed kind of slow. :X He also went to check it online but I told him it was in store only and that seemed to be enough for him.

#225 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Yeah, YMMV with best buy price matching. My Toys R Us was sold out, but I took a picture of it and showed it to the BB employees and they refused the price since they checked online and saw the 39.99 price.

#226 yepsryd

yepsryd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream

I guess I did it right? New to Flickr lol

Spoiler

Thank you for this as well. Got my Best Buy to price match. Awesome.

#227 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

Glad it worked for you guys
Posted ImagePosted Image

#228 Remix

Remix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

Thanks OP, store had plenty even though it showed none in stock on the website.

#229 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Thanks OP, took the last copy for the ps3 here. Right price.

#230 E_Man

E_Man

Classically Trained!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

My Best Buys around home are a bunch of b*tches. I had photo of the price tag and they still wouldn't even price match. They kept crying about how Toys R Us' website still has it listed at $39.99.

#231 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

yea cause BB or anyone should just take your word or picture for it.....

I'm sure none of you people ever had to deal with margins and having to keep a business profitable to actually be around to still sell stuff in the future at great prices

#232 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

My Best Buys around home are a bunch of b*tches. I had photo of the price tag and they still wouldn't even price match. They kept crying about how Toys R Us' website still has it listed at $39.99.

Should have told them to do their jobs and actually call the store to check if it was in stock.

#233 thecd1

thecd1

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

Found one for $19.99 at the 183/Mopac Toys R' Us in Austin, TX. Online shows out of stock for that store, but they have it. Went to another Toys R' Us in Austin that shows stock, but they actually did not have any. They then called the other store for me and had it held.

I enjoyed Resi 1-4, was disappointed by 5 and am doubtful of 6, but I'm giving it a shot at that price point. Thanks OP!

#234 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Damn, that was a fast price drop.

Might as well pick up Doom 3 BFG edition for $23 (Amazon); it's a similar price point for a better game.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#235 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Wow, that sucks. I also had a difficult time because of that but I didn't have a photo(didn't know because I was one of the earliers). Anyway, I managed to price match the $29.99 when go to some office(?) and he saw the online ad.

Does anyone know if calling Toys R US, if I ask the price, are they going to tell me the sale($20) price? I want to go to BB again(mine it's not that far) but what if they don't accept the pic, I might ask him to call. I can't call right now, but I'm gonna call as soon as can but some answers will be nice.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#236 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Like others, none shown o nline available locally, one actually on the shelf in store, and nopw in our posession. The guy in the store was shocked at the ring up price, and said he would have gotten it had he known it'd dropped that low.

#237 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Pretty sure the Toys R Us 19.99 price was a mistake as others have pointed out, which is why its 39.99 on their website. The BB employees not accepting this are just doing what they're supposed to do.

Nice find for those who were able to get it though!

#238 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Pretty sure the Toys R Us 19.99 price was a mistake as others have pointed out, which is why its 39.99 on their website. The BB employees not accepting this are just doing what they're supposed to do.

It makes sense to me to PM a used game for a new game promoted thats out of stock. What better way to also clear out your old used games? Especially in this case.. Brutal Legend sells new for $10 if you still see it anywhere.. they don't have much chance to sell it used for $15.

Personally, I think all the used games at BB are vastly overpriced. Many over $30 used games there we picked up during the holiday season for $15 or less.

#239 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I just hit a TRU in tally on my way to Jacksonville and they didnt have any RE6, but I did pick up Epic Mickey 2 for $19.99.. it rang up for $40 but the girl did an overide.

axlrose4183.png

#240 primalcarnage

primalcarnage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

It's not a mistake.... otherwise they wouldn't have a tag saying RE6 $19.99

It's a IN STORE only deal, that's why the website still says $39.99

Posted Image