Sony PS3 Favorites 2-for-$30 Value Game Bundle

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']Damn that list isnt bad. What shod I pair with Jak and Dexter?[/QUOTE]
So many decent options lol. Maybe ICO & Shadow of the colossus collection, Infamous 2, Uncharted 3 or God of War Origins Collection or Heavy Rain lol.

What is "The Shadow of the Colossus Collection" exactly? I looked at it and couldn't figure it out. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on the web as being something that's okay? FYI: I didn't get a PS2 until 2005 then only played a few games and got rid of it and got an Xbox 360. Most of this stuff I've never played. I got the Tomb Raider Collection for $10 from the SE sale. Is the Shadow of the collosus collection and the jak and daxter collection a good deal at 15 each or better to wait for 10? Or will they not hit 10 before selling out everywhere?

edit: Yikes, just read that ICO in that collection doesn't allow Y-Axis inversion. Well that's out. I'll never be playing those two games (Shadow and ICO). Maybe I'll still get Jak somewhere if I can find it cheap by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good games there, but I have all the ones I'd want.

A bit of advice for anyone even considering it: although I loved MAG when it came out, I just popped in the game the other day and it takes a while to get a match. And everyone that's left is pretty darn good.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']Good games there, but I have all the ones I'd want.

A bit of advice for anyone even considering it: although I loved MAG when it came out, I just popped in the game the other day and it takes a while to get a match. And everyone that's left is pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]

That's discouraging. I have MAG in my backlog. Wish there was offline bots.

I'd get five bundles if they'd let me. Now if only I had about $150 and shipping/handling!

This is a decent deal for new PS3 owners like me. Some of these like Heavy Rain were $16 at Amazon/Newegg through the holiday season, but have risen since. (Ico/Shadow is still at $16.)

Any opinions on Modnation Racers or Motorstorm?

[quote name='TimesTicking']ugh, the only game I really want from that list is Ico & Shadow...[/QUOTE]

Newegg has it for $15.99 with free shipping.

Modnation Racers is a LOT of fun, it's one of the few karting games I actually went out of my way to ace the entire campaign (my PS3 then died and I lost all my hard work :( thus PS+ for life now!). Motorstorm is just a solid all around racing game, and that goes for all the entries (my favorite's apocalypse though).

[quote name='Blaster man']What is "The Shadow of the Colossus Collection" exactly? I looked at it and couldn't figure it out. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on the web as being something that's okay? FYI: I didn't get a PS2 until 2005 then only played a few games and got rid of it and got an Xbox 360. Most of this stuff I've never played. I got the Tomb Raider Collection for $10 from the SE sale. Is the Shadow of the collosus collection and the jak and daxter collection a good deal at 15 each or better to wait for 10? Or will they not hit 10 before selling out everywhere?

edit: Yikes, just read that ICO in that collection doesn't allow Y-Axis inversion. Well that's out. I'll never be playing those two games (Shadow and ICO). Maybe I'll still get Jak somewhere if I can find it cheap by itself.[/QUOTE]

You're missing out buddy. I played Ico last year in 3D and let me say it was breathtaking. Such an amazing game in every single aspect. Graphics, gameplay, soundtrack, everything. It's a must play for anyone imo.
As for SotC, pretty much the same although I think Ico had a better story, but SotC was over all stunning.

[quote name='SkywardKing']So many decent options lol. Maybe ICO & Shadow of the colossus collection, Infamous 2, Uncharted 3 or God of War Origins Collection or Heavy Rain lol.[/QUOTE]
Got Ico, Unchated 3, GoW Saga(15 on BF) and I played heavy rain

Ended up with Heavy Rain and GT5.

I'm sure that playing Heavy Rain is going to be torture after The Walking Dead, and GT5 after Forza 4 & H is probably going to be rough. Not to mention I haven't touched a Gran Turismo game since 2.

But you know. Buying games. It's slightly addicting. I still need to open that copy of Dark Sector.

Ico & Shadow + Uncharted would be a sweetheart deal if I din't have both. Both look awesome in 3D, too.

[quote name='oregonjon']Ended up with Heavy Rain and GT5.

I'm sure that playing Heavy Rain is going to be torture after The Walking Dead, and GT5 after Forza 4 & H is probably going to be rough. Not to mention I haven't touched a Gran Turismo game since 2.

But you know. Buying games. It's slightly addicting. I still need to open that copy of Dark Sector.

Ico & Shadow + Uncharted would be a sweetheart deal if I din't have both. Both look awesome in 3D, too.[/QUOTE]

Torture? No way. If anything Heavy Rain will make it feel like your decisions actually have a impact compared to The Walking Dead. I got every trophy for it, I had to see all the endings, all the possible scenarios and had a blast doing it.

If you own a PS3 you're doing a disservice if you don't own this game in my opinion.

I rely on inversion for aiming, which you don't need in Ico, nor do I remember it being an issue.

I thought the game was boring though... sotc too

[quote name='TimesTicking']ugh, the only game I really want from that list is Ico & Shadow...[/QUOTE]

Same here, maybe I'll get Heavy Rain too but I'll probably never get around to playing it

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']That's discouraging. I have MAG in my backlog. Wish there was offline bots.

I'd get five bundles if they'd let me. Now if only I had about $150 and shipping/handling![/QUOTE]

Backlog? That game's heyday was two years ago. It's online only and unfortunately eons past it's prime.

Unfortunately Zipper killed it with one single patch, that's when most people quit the game, including me, after around 180 hours put into it.

[quote name='Komentra']Torture? No way. If anything Heavy Rain will make it feel like your decisions actually have a impact compared to The Walking Dead. I got every trophy for it, I had to see all the endings, all the possible scenarios and had a blast doing it.

If you own a PS3 you're doing a disservice if you don't own this game in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I agree! I'll be picking up two games I traded in and wanted to play ever since, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 3.

Heavy Rain is awesome, it's slow going, but awesome. And the one piece of DLC that came out is probably one of the most memorable and thrilling sequences in gaming I've ever played--It's great. I only saw one ending so here comes adding more on to the backlog!

[quote name='Romeo']Unfortunately Zipper killed it with one single patch, that's when most people quit the game, including me, after around 180 hours put into it.[/QUOTE]
What'd the patch do that caused people to lose interest in the game?

Great list but own almost all of them. Modnation is the only one I'm interested in but it's $15 at target and I think at BB. But the rest of those are great! Jak, ICO, LBP2, UC3, Heavy Rain is a classic!!

[quote name='Komentra']Torture? No way. If anything Heavy Rain will make it feel like your decisions actually have a impact compared to The Walking Dead. I got every trophy for it, I had to see all the endings, all the possible scenarios and had a blast doing it.

If you own a PS3 you're doing a disservice if you don't own this game in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, as much as I liked TWD, Heavy Rain it aint as far as consequences for actions.

[quote name='waldo21212']Exactly, as much as I liked TWD, Heavy Rain it aint as far as consequences for actions.[/QUOTE]

I thought the single best thing that HR did was the fact that the game continued on even when you failed at something. It always had an impact on the story, but the story continued. I was tempted to see some of the other variations, but I really thought it was best as one playthrough. Otherwise, its like rewatching a movie with different cuts and deleted scenes that drastically change the nature and result of the movie.

Oh, and I hated the Jason's father and did everything possible to make his life miserable.

Shipping makes these about $17 per game. Heavy Rain is the only one I really want that I don't already have and I know its been that price by itself elsewhere so I'll pass.

[quote name='Abear21']I agree! I'll be picking up two games I traded in and wanted to play ever since, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 3.

Heavy Rain is awesome, it's slow going, but awesome. And the one piece of DLC that came out is probably one of the most memorable and thrilling sequences in gaming I've ever played--It's great. I only saw one ending so here comes adding more on to the backlog![/QUOTE]

I agree. That one DLC Episode is creepy and amazing but very short and not worth $5 in my opinion, they could of at least thrown in one trophy for it or something. However, that DLC does come with the greatest hits/playstation move edition of the game, along with a Heavy Rain theme and some other behind the scenes stuff.

I can't wait for Quantic Dream's next game. It's definitely my most anticipated game of 2013.

[quote name='kgeer18']not seeing little big planet as shown in advertisement GOYE .. what gives[/QUOTE]

Sold out. I had it in my cart this morning but didn't bite and came back and it was gone. :(

Been looking for a good price on the special edition LBP2 too and this was definitely a good price.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']And everyone that's left is pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]
It's also probably better to just buy it used for $5.

It's 15.99 currently on Newegg with free shipping, if someone hasn't already mentioned.

Which you should also be able to price match at your local Best Buy, if you want.

[quote name='Komentra']Sold out. I had it in my cart this morning but didn't bite and came back and it was gone. :(

Been looking for a good price on the special edition LBP2 too and this was definitely a good price.[/QUOTE]

It's $19.99 at Best Buy, so only a couple dollars more than having it shipped from Walmart if you can pick it up locally there instead.

[quote name='TheScareCrowBB']:whistle2:( Darn, I was gonna get the Ico Collection along with LBP2, oh well.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you have a Best Buy near you can still get the combo for $36 instead of $34 ($30 + $4 Shipping), if you just have them match Newegg's price on Ico/Shadow.

Or buy directly from Newegg both for $36 with free shipping.

[quote name='Necrotron']Well, if you have a Best Buy near you can still get the combo for $36 instead of $34 ($30 + $4 Shipping), if you just have them match Newegg's price on Ico/Shadow.

Or buy directly from Newegg both for $36 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, ill do this instead. :)

[quote name='Flowstance']Lol, skipping Ico because he can't play it like a flight sim. It must suck to be terrible at video games.[/QUOTE]

Though this was a pretty dick comment...I laughed pretty hard because you're so right.

Ico's too good to not play because you have a preference to a control scheme. Suck it up, maybe you'll learn to play games differently because of it. (I didn't give up gaming because going from the SNES to the 64's controller sucked)

[quote name='Flowstance']Lol, skipping Ico because he can't play it like a flight sim. It must suck to be terrible at video games.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

[quote name='arcane93']It's $19.99 at Best Buy, so only a couple dollars more than having it shipped from Walmart if you can pick it up locally there instead.[/QUOTE]

Closest Best Buy is close to two hours away. :(

But thanks for the info.

bread's done
Back