(Dead) Halo 4 34.99 on Newegg

[quote name='BetaDemo']I'm interested but my halo4 'buy' price point is ~$20.[/QUOTE]

You'll probably be waiting for a while for $20. Maybe Black Friday 2013.

[quote name='Sgt Barone']You'll probably be waiting for a while for $20. Maybe Black Friday 2013.[/QUOTE]

lol no. it'll hit $20 faster than you think.

And this is why I don't bother buying games on launch day. Less than two months after it releases and it's almost half the price.

[quote name='Wedgie']And this is why I don't bother buying games on launch day. Less than two months after it releases and it's almost half the price.[/QUOTE]

They demean the values very badly. I usually shop at Black Friday for my games, unless it is something I must have. I've not bought a game near release in a very long time.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It's not a good game at all. If you've waited this long, might as well just keep on waiting.[/QUOTE]

We'll have to agree to disagree on that comment. I have never played a Halo game in my life (I have the first two on my original Xbox and three on my 360 -- but never played them; my 2 LE is actually still sealed). That said, I really enjoyed Halo 4 - a fantastic campaign with a very touching story focused on the relationship between the Chief and Cortana. It reminded me in many ways of the relationship between the Doctor and his Tardis. I have no idea who 343 Industries is, but I think they nailed it, and I can't wait for Halo 5. It makes me want to go play the Bungie trilogy.

This is a good price. The Halo games usually take forever to go down, and 4 is a terrific title. First FPS I have ever played and beaten.

[quote name='romeogbs19']We'll have to agree to disagree on that comment. I have never played a Halo game in my life (I have the first two on my original Xbox and three on my 360 -- but never played them; my 2 LE is actually still sealed). That said, I really enjoyed Halo 4 - a fantastic campaign with a very touching story focused on the relationship between the Chief and Cortana. It reminded me in many ways of the relationship between the Doctor and his Tardis. I have no idea who 343 Industries is, but I think they nailed it, and I can't wait for Halo 5. It makes me want to go play the Bungie trilogy.

This is a good price. The Halo games usually take forever to go down, and 4 is a terrific title. First FPS I have ever played and beaten.[/QUOTE]

Not true about the last part. Both Reach and ODST dropped in price fast.

I had this and ended up trading it in (actually made money after bonuses and selling the dlc). I think Im a little Haloed out...i will buy it back when its cheap to finish the campaign. I dont do Halo multiplayer and couldnt justify keeping the game right now while the value is high...or was a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Not true about the last part. Both Reach and ODST dropped in price fast.

I had this and ended up trading it in (actually made money after bonuses and selling the dlc). I think Im a little Haloed out...i will buy it back when its cheap to finish the campaign. I dont do Halo multiplayer and couldnt justify keeping the game right now while the value is high...or was a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Corrected on Reach and ODST (and we can add Wars to that, too), but frankly, I meant only the core canon trilogy. Reach and ODST were always more context/side stories. The Master Chief still defines the franchise.

One more thing-- the graphics/art direction in this game were simply amazing -- among all the games I played this year (And I received or picked up nearly all the AAA titles this holiday), this stands among the most beautiful titles I've played and listened to. The soundtrack is epic.

[quote name='romeogbs19'] I have never played a Halo game in my life ... The soundtrack is epic.[/QUOTE]

Halo 4 has arguably the worst soundtrack of any game in the series. PLEASE play the others if only for that reason.

bread's done
Back