Newegg - PS3 Pulse Wireless 7.1 Surround Sound Headset $99.99 Free Shipping

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

can confirm they work with 360. also, these fit rather tight, and i have a shaved head so they hurt lol. i ended up returning mine and getting the older ones instead.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#32 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

can confirm they work with 360. also, these fit rather tight, and i have a shaved head so they hurt lol. i ended up returning mine and getting the older ones instead.

Mmmm so I'm not the only one that had this problem :-k, I still have mine, but dang sometimes they hurt especially if you use glasses

#33 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Mmmm so I'm not the only one that had this problem :-k, I still have mine, but dang sometimes they hurt especially if you use glasses

Oh good, that was enough to get me to stop agonizing over the choice.

Guardian_owl.png

#34 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:31 PM

You can also get $20 off if you sign up for vme visa payment option. Only good for new customers. Makes them $79.99. Edit, Nevermind it's only valid on purchases of $199 or more.

#35 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thanks OP! Been looking for a pair of these for a while now and they never went on sale during Black Friday.

#36 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

i would have bought this immediately if it was like a week ago. Why put this deal out after christmas!? I really want these. I'll wait for another deal on this later on. Thanks OP.

#37 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Oh good, that was enough to get me to stop agonizing over the choice.

Well they are not that bad after they get a little loose, but if you normally do long gaming sessions they might be a pain if you wear glasses. Probably the pressure added to the temples

#38 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

I was denied a price match at Best Buy with the manager saying they only price match Amazon.com and no other websites (only retail stores) and only sometimes for Amazon. This seems pretty bogus since I am pretty sure I have PM Newegg at Best Buy before. Also, I didn't go to the location I normally go to. I thought the price match policy was pretty universal now, though. Didn't Best Buy make some big announcement about it a month or two ago?

#39 xRidley

xRidley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

After checking, looks like the BB/newegg.com price matching was only during the holiday special (til Dec 24).

#40 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

best buy is currently doing a promotion where they match online ompetitor prices (inlcuding newegg). just refer the best buy manager to the bottom of this best buy webpage:

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

"Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - January 31, 2013."

#41 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

lol yeah i wear glasses too, so i guess that adds to the problem. however the old ones still feel very comfortable even with glasses on- no 360 love though.

now playing:

#42 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

because people get money for christmas and they like to spend it afterwards.

i would have bought this immediately if it was like a week ago. Why put this deal out after christmas!? I really want these. I'll wait for another deal on this later on. Thanks OP.

now playing:

#43 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I was denied a price match at Best Buy with the manager saying they only price match Amazon.com and no other websites (only retail stores) and only sometimes for Amazon. This seems pretty bogus since I am pretty sure I have PM Newegg at Best Buy before. Also, I didn't go to the location I normally go to. I thought the price match policy was pretty universal now, though. Didn't Best Buy make some big announcement about it a month or two ago?

Couldn't you just return them? They have the promotion were you can return anything bought after some date until Jan 24th

#44 kyo645

kyo645

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Sweet just got a pair! Thanks OP!
seems like they are OOS at the moment though.

#45 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Couldn't you just return them? They have the promotion were you can return anything bought after some date until Jan 24th

They are already opened and used (I may not even have the box anymore). I called the Best Buy I normally go to and was told they do PM Newegg (however, I did not ask about this specific deal), so I will probably just go there and try again. I was just surprised Newegg is not a universally accepted price match for all of the stores (maybe it is and the manager was uninformed or difficult).

#46 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

no go for me. I had to wait for Best Buy to open on the west coast, and by the time it did they were sold out. I tried telling them that if this had been an online order I could've called on the phone even though the store wasn't open in CA and PM'd. They said you can only PM in-store lol. Then they told me I would've had to return the $20 GC I got during the promo cuz it was double dipping eventhough I had PM'd officemax or whatever at the time and still got the GC. Moral of the story always order online with in-store pickup.

#47 mikkoxB

mikkoxB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

how did you get them to work for 360? I'm assuming chat doesnt work though right?
I missed out on this deal and $100 was the price I was considering getting this too

#48 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

I love these headphones, bought them a few weeks ago and I wear glasses with them no problem

#49 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

They don't work wirelessly with Vita (since there is no bluetooth). They will work wirelessly with the PS3 and PC/Mac, but you have to plug in the USB dongle.

#50 JediKiller24

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

I just successfully price matched this at my local best buy, thanks op!

On a side note, this best buy is usually very difficult to get price matches at, so I wasn't expecting it to work...I took the headset to the front check out, asked the cashier if they match newegg, he said yes, showed him the item on my phone, and it was that easy. Used my two Christmas gift cards, and only had to pay the 6.95 tax out of pocket! Charging the headphones now ....

#51 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

u use the provided cable (or any in/out audio cable) to hook up ur tv out to the headphone jack on the usb dongle. and ya, chat doesn't work, just the audio.

how did you get them to work for 360? I'm assuming chat doesnt work though right?
I missed out on this deal and $100 was the price I was considering getting this too

now playing:

#52 youngavatar

youngavatar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

I'm glade I order this earlier today, I checked out the review and it seem like it a great deal hopefully I can get by this weekend for I can try them out.
[URL=http://exophase.com/gamercards/]Posted Image
[/URL]

#53 rockstarnati

rockstarnati

PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

Would have picked these up, if not for the fact that I just bought the Skullcandy PLYR 2 headset from skullcandy.com for $65 (50% off order using promo code TRIEDGE50).

PSN: rockstarnati | XBL: rockstarnati

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

Here. Have another! FREE Wii U or $350 cash!

But wait, there's moreFREE PS Vita or $300 cash!

And more still! FREE iPad Mini or $430 cash!

#54 z3razerviper

z3razerviper

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

FYI PSN now has a downloadable app for these that allows you to save different audio profiles to them.

#55 Xer07

Xer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Would Bestbuy price match Newegg, even if Newegg's inventory on the Sony Elite Pulse headset is sold out? Any help is appreciated.

#56 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:07 AM

I doubt they would.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#57 sidewalkhustla

sidewalkhustla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:27 AM

Would Bestbuy price match Newegg, even if Newegg's inventory on the Sony Elite Pulse headset is sold out? Any help is appreciated.

My store refused to do it

#58 Malarkschwag

Malarkschwag

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

Bummer, I had the chance to order a pair earlier but my AWH Pulse Elite just arrived so I passed. Now after setting up the LN cans from AWH they won't pair with the wireless dongle for more than a minute or two. That's probably why they were returned in the first place...

Really wish I had just picked these up now.

#59 Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Whats the consensus on the best wireless xbox headset sub $100. Tritton Primer? X41?

#60 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Damn it forgot to place my order and now OOS...fml