Persona 4 Arena (360/PS3): $21.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='roymustang']My bad then, last I saw was $29.99.[/QUOTE]

no worries. there is a similar thread on here from a few weeks back

[quote name='Jotamide']You shouldn't. P4A is easily worth $30 IMO.[/QUOTE]

My backlog speaks otherwise ;)

Besides, I'm more interesting in the story mode rather than any sort of online play, which I'm not interested in. I have Tekken Tag 2 for that.

It goes up and down. Just keep checking it. One thing that's stopped me from pulling the trigger on this (in addition to my backlog) is the company's history of issuing "upgraded" versions within the year. They did it with BlazeBlue, and there's a good chance they'll do it here too, especially since fan favorites such as Yukari and Junpei didn't make the roster this time around.

I have the same reservation. Blazblue and Guilty Gear have had numerous releases. The Persona games have too, and if you remember the backlash Atlus received for releasing Persona 3 FES, they said they would stop doing that only to release an enhanced version on PSP and Persona 4 Golden on Vita. The region lock for P4 Arena also further proves that they're just out to make a buck, which they have every right to, but I also have every right not to purchase their games.

It's a solid fighter if you love the Persona universe. It is heavily story-driven, which is an oddity among games in this genre. I would have liked to have seen more voice-acting (a lot of the presentation is done with text). As for the price, I always thought this one was going to drop fairly quickly, given the caliber of titles being released in the Winter and the lack of mainstream attention to 2D fighters generally. I think you should be able to get it for $19.99. Not sure I would pay more for it than that.

Haven't tried KOF-13 yet, but based on reviews and quality of presentation, I would recommend that over this game, if only because of the lesser balanced gameplay here.

[quote name='whitereflection']I have the same reservation. Blazblue and Guilty Gear have had numerous releases. The Persona games have too, and if you remember the backlash Atlus received for releasing Persona 3 FES, they said they would stop doing that only to release an enhanced version on PSP and Persona 4 Golden on Vita. The region lock for P4 Arena also further proves that they're just out to make a buck, which they have every right to, but I also have every right not to purchase their games.[/QUOTE]

Aksys publishes Blazblue. Not Atlus.

And I wouldn't really count P3 and P4 since they came out on handhelds. Not to mention P4 Golden came out 4 years after the original.

Seems like it's no longer 21.99 !!
sig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aaronrodgers']Will continue to wait for 4.99.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm waiting for.

bread's done
Back