Best Buy "Upgrade & Save" 1/13/13-2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#331 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

There is not much in the way of new stuff I am looking to get...basicly trying to replace my dvd copies with bluray. down to under 60...started with over 400 when I first took the bluray plunge. many titles I just realized were bad purchases.

anyhow, yesterday I was able to swap out 5 for the bluray counter part.
Animal House
Billy Madison
Children of men
Cruel Intentions
Knocked Up

#332 Darth Dorn

Darth Dorn

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

How do they handle multiple DVD sets, such as a season of a TV show? Is it one $5 coupon for those? Or multiple?

#333 kaseyjakes

kaseyjakes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

in two trips so far i was able to snag:

breaking bad seasons 1 & 2
inception (SB)
the hangover (bf wanted it)
fight club (10th anniversary)
monty python and the holy grail

still have 2 coupons left and more dvds to trade in, but i've had no luck finding those triple packs. might pick up shawshank redemption SB since i've never seen it and have heard nothing but good things about it.

anyone know if these are the only sale items through the promotion or can we expect more weekly sales until the 2nd? i may hold off a week and see what happens.

#334 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Haul 2

Taken 2 - $14.99
Old School - $4.99
Ides of March (no coupon) - $7.99

#335 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

How do they handle multiple DVD sets, such as a season of a TV show? Is it one $5 coupon for those? Or multiple?

It's supposed to be one per set, however I just separate them out into individual cases with extra printouts/copies of the cover art. No way am I going to trade in 4 or 5+ discs as a single upgrade.

Looks like I'll just have to order the Departed and Sucker Punch steelbooks online and hopefully get them before the promo expires, as they aren't listed as available anywhere in SoCal.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#336 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Picked up:
16block/ last man standing/last Boy Scout triple
There will be blood (last copy)
Le miserable
Beetle juice/Charlie/corpse triple

All for 5 a piece surprised no one mentioned the 16 block pack

Kamagii.png

#337 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

One coupon per set. If you want to get rid of a multi-DVD set and can't sell it outright, DVD2Blu might be the better option since it's per disc there.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#338 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

My haul for today:

Superman Triple pack

What is this? I don't see it on the Best Buy website.. I guess my question is what movies are included?

#339 linkbear

linkbear

Too Cool For School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

What is this? I don't see it on the Best Buy website.. I guess my question is what movies are included?

Superman, Superman 2: The Donner Cut, Superman Returns.

#340 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Bought Horrible Bosses and Fight Club. Forgot about Quantum of Solace though.

#341 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

Just got back from Best Buy and had a horrible experience. Had to wait in line for 20 minutes only to be told that they didn't have the $5 coupons and that I would need to go pick out my movies and then come back and they would manually adjust them. I told the associate that I was going to go pick out my movies but there was no way I was waiting in line. Grabbed Taken 2 with the T-shirt from the display but the rest of the movie section looked worse then a K-Mart. Movies were out of place and several spots were empty, if I was the manager of that store I would be ashamed of how it looked because that is the first thing people see when they enter. Was able to find The Big Lebowski but I couldn't find anything else. Going to try another Best Buy tomorrow.

TheVila.png

#342 blazenumb1

blazenumb1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Day 1
Book of Eli
Sherlock 1 & 2
Dark Knight
Green Lantern

Day 2
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
Wrath of the Titans
Clash of the Titans
Fight Club

Hoping to get Inglorious Bastards, 300, Hangover, and the Matrix tomorrow. This limit of 5 dvd's a day is killing me, just wanna do it all in one shot lol.

#343 brewtownska

brewtownska

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just got back from Best Buy and had a horrible experience. Had to wait in line for 20 minutes only to be told that they didn't have the $5 coupons and that I would need to go pick out my movies and then come back and they would manually adjust them. I told the associate that I was going to go pick out my movies but there was no way I was waiting in line. Grabbed Taken 2 with the T-shirt from the display but the rest of the movie section looked worse then a K-Mart. Movies were out of place and several spots were empty, if I was the manager of that store I would be ashamed of how it looked because that is the first thing people see when they enter. Was able to find The Big Lebowski but I couldn't find anything else. Going to try another Best Buy tomorrow.

I always bring a bag with my old DVDs and head straight for the shelves to find which ones I want to trade for. Then I wait in line at customer service and have them handle the whole transaction at once. That way if I only find 3 or 4 movies I want, I didn't already give them all 5 DVDs. That would also save customer service from giving out the UPC cards...so everyone wins.

#344 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

This promotion has reminded me how much I don't like BB's dividing of movies into genres. There are too many movies that can be left open to interpretation which leads to having to check more than one genre to find the movie you want. It was easy when everything was alphabetized together since the movie would just be in one place (disregarding endcaps and such).

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#345 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Picked up Taken 1, X-Men Origins, Hangover Steelbook, Princess Bride, and the TMNT bundle.

Think I will wait until the next U&S to do any more. The Best Buy I was at had tons of stock, but it still took me an hour to find 5 Blu-rays. It doesn't help that I don't like paying more than $25 for a season of a TV show and the only shows they had at that price were AMC shows. I have enjoyed Breaking Bad so far, though not enough to keep my copies, didn't like Walking Dead, and am not all that interested in Mad Men.

#346 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

None of the titles I want are near me, is there a way for them to order for delivery me at store and I pay with the coupons there?

Edited by nixmahn, 15 January 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Have 3 demo SSB codes for trade. Already have last 6 Club Nintendo Wii U eshop games from Club Nintendo. Will take any Wii U eshop game codes I don't already have or Non CN 3DS eshop code.

Check My Trade List
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=276079

#347 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

You could try the Express Lane ordering, basically you order through customer service and they manually change the price to decrease each movie by $5 and it gets shipped to your house for free.

I've had good luck with this at the two best buys by my work.

#348 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Day 1
Book of Eli
Sherlock 1 & 2
Dark Knight
Green Lantern

Day 2
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
Wrath of the Titans
Clash of the Titans
Fight Club

Hoping to get Inglorious Bastards, 300, Hangover, and the Matrix tomorrow. This limit of 5 dvd's a day is killing me, just wanna do it all in one shot lol.

Fight club x2?

#349 DirkDiggler

DirkDiggler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Fight club x2?

One for Tyler, one for the Narrator

#350 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

picked up the 2001 triple pack, the lost boys triple pack, wolverine, and lord of the rigns.

I need to pick up one more lord of the rings movies and Shawshank Redemption. Is Shawshank Redemption with metal case $10 before the coupon?

#351 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

FLOL the latest trip the guy just handed me one of the pads with the Upgrade & Save coupons, there are probably 10 or so left. I got the last couple of Best Buy exclusive Taken 2's with the tshirts, damn those things are selling fast, and some other stuff.

Only things left on my shopping list at this point are:

Sucker Punch SB (can't find in store)
Last Samurai SB (can't find anywhere)
Gran Torino SB (too expensive/can't find anywhere)
Goodfellas SB (too expensive)
Spiderman SB (too expensive)
Game of Thrones S1 SE (too expensive)
Watchmen Limited Edition (too expensive)

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#352 Trojann

Trojann

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Is the Oceans Eleven Triple feature worth it? I heard the sound and video was poorly transferred.

#353 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

picked up the 2001 triple pack, the lost boys triple pack, wolverine, and lord of the rigns.

I need to pick up one more lord of the rings movies and Shawshank Redemption. Is Shawshank Redemption with metal case $10 before the coupon?

Yup I picked it up yesterday!

Shawshank Steel - $5

#354 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

Usually they have some kind of TV blu-ray deal going on at the same time as upgrade and save, but all I really found so far that is much on sale is the first two seasons of Breaking bad. Though it looks like it is finally time to pick-up zombie land and maybe a couple of others.

Guardian_owl.png

#355 H22A

H22A

Happy trails, Hans.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Picked up Casablanca and Re-animator for $5 each after trade. Probably don't see those two bought together often.

#356 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

stupid best buy fairfield ca, wont accept my skinny dvd case that I bought from dollar tree. ruined my day. I just used all my $600 gc to buy the visa card!

#357 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Picked up (all after coupon):

Taken 2 with T-shirt - $14.99
Taken - $4.99
Fast Times at Ridgemont High - $4.99
Beetlejuice/Willy Wonka/Corpse Bride - $4.99
Walk the Line - $4.99

#358 FiendCameron

FiendCameron

xGrindxMoshx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Day 1
Book of Eli
Sherlock 1 & 2
Dark Knight
Green Lantern

Day 2
Fight Club
Shawshank Redemption
Wrath of the Titans
Clash of the Titans
Fight Club

It's not "per day". It's either per visit or trip, guy in front of me on Sunday at noon was on his 3rd helping... '

#359 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Does anyone want anything for trade for a Book of Eli steelbook?

I'm currently at Best Buy with some coupons, and I can be on the lookout for a title if someone will trade me an Eli steelbook
Posted Image

#360 danh35

danh35

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

This promotion has reminded me how much I don't like BB's dividing of movies into genres. There are too many movies that can be left open to interpretation which leads to having to check more than one genre to find the movie you want. It was easy when everything was alphabetized together since the movie would just be in one place (disregarding endcaps and such).

I agree with this, and when they made the change, they also grouped DVDs and BluRays together, which also makes it harder to find what you are looking for.