Best Buy "Upgrade & Save" 1/13/13-2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#421 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Finally traded in five DVDs. The process was quick as hell. Gonna dump at least 10 more movies next week. Also traded in some games and got an $80 GC. Bout to feast of them blu-ray sales w/o comin' out the pockets. Now I just need to figure out what I want.

#422 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

The only thing I hate about this promotion is the fact that I can't get to every movie right away. Then they end up on Netflix. Might head back today, but I don't know what to get aside from There WiIl be Blood.

#423 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Picked up the last Scrooged for $5, must be left over stock from December as the website doesn't even give scrooged an option to select instore pick-up at any stores.

Guardian_owl.png

#424 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

The only thing I hate about this promotion is the fact that I can't get to every movie right away. Then they end up on Netflix. Might head back today, but I don't know what to get aside from There WiIl be Blood.

I know the feeling...I've seen most of the movies I bought, but not in a while, and some are instant classics that I know I'll watch again and again.

In my "viewing queue" (ones I'm looking forward to watching ASAP):

The Town Extended (25 extra mins?! Holy mess!)
Sin City Extended Recut (never seen extended)
Aviator (never seen)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (been a long time)
V for Vendetta (been a long time)
The Change-Up (been a while)
Alexander Revisited (never seen it)

And all those are AFTER I finish Big Bang season 5. Not to mention I also have Jusitifed season 2 to watch :roll:

But the $5 price tag for most of these, $1.66 ea. if you count triple features, is just too good a price to let up. I'll get around to them all eventually. I try to watch a good movie every night when I get home from work.
Posted Image

#425 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Haul 3

Catch me if you can (finally found it!)

Drumline ($5 at Target)

#426 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Pisses me off that the Get the Gringo BB Exclusive is $20. I coulda sworn I saw somebody at Blu-Ray.com say they got it for $9.99, then $4.99 w/ the coupon, but I got shot down immediately last night because the SKUs didn't match. Oh well, was going to be a blind buy. I did see that that The Roommate movie was $9.99 and might give that a shot just to stare at two hot chicks the duration of the film, but don't know if its worth it..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#427 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Pisses me off that the Get the Gringo BB Exclusive is $20. I coulda sworn I saw somebody at Blu-Ray.com say they got it for $9.99, then $4.99 w/ the coupon, but I got shot down immediately last night because the SKUs didn't match. Oh well, was going to be a blind buy. I did see that that The Roommate movie was $9.99 and might give that a shot just to stare at two hot chicks the duration of the film, but don't know if its worth it..

What comes differently in that one? I just saw the combo pack with DC at my store marked at $9.99

#428 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

What comes differently in that one? I just saw the combo pack with DC at my store marked at $9.99

IDK, supposedly its a BB Exclusive with 35 minutes of 'extras' and the slipcover has different artwork.
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#429 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

IDK, supposedly its a BB Exclusive with 35 minutes of 'extras' and the slipcover has different artwork.

I'll take a look for you tomorrow.

#430 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'll take a look for you tomorrow.

No no, thats ok, I was just simply saying thats all. It is cleary $9.99 for the vanilla and $19.99 for the BB Exclusive on the website and their system. I had just hoped they were both $9.99. Perhaps I mis-read the comment in another forum where the guy said he got it with the 'slip' Maybe there are vanilla versions out there with a slipcover and some without. However, the store I was at last night, had both versions, but the only version with a slip cover was the BB Exclu. Thanks though!! I guess if you got a clueless clerk, they could be persuaded to PM the higher priced one b/c the title is the same, but the guy I had ringing me out last night was stiff, by the book, soldier boy.
Posted Image

#431 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Okay I just came acroos this a was wondering I can trade in any Dvd..as long as its in the original case.. Or are there certain dvds that are only accepted, thanks..

#432 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Are all of the steelbooks but the batman and the LOTR ones single disc ones and. No UV

#433 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Same here. There are a couple I want to pick up, but I'm pretty sure they're all on Netflix (or will be soon). I literally walked through the movie section for about 30 mins yesterday and left with nothing. Even the $5 steelbooks seem like a waste of money to me. If the LOTR steelbooks were the EE I'd pick them up in a heartbeat, but since they're the theatrical version.... yea, they can stay on the shelf.

#434 haruky

haruky

Vengeance.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Same here. There are a couple I want to pick up, but I'm pretty sure they're all on Netflix (or will be soon). I literally walked through the movie section for about 30 mins yesterday and left with nothing. Even the $5 steelbooks seem like a waste of money to me. If the LOTR steelbooks were the EE I'd pick them up in a heartbeat, but since they're the theatrical version.... yea, they can stay on the shelf.

Bummer. I want those LotR Steelbooks! I only picked up 3 steelbooks during this sale b/c there aren't very many at my local Best Buy...

#435 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I picked up a few things, but as usual there's a lot of $10 titles that were never carried in store around here (Children of Men, I'm looking in your general direction). Hopefully we'll have some good TV sales during the promo period.

Trip 1:
Breaking Bad Seasons 1 and 2 ($8.99 ea)
The Princess Bride
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Barbarella

Trip 2:
Austin Powers Triple Feature
The Blues Brothers

#436 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Are all of the steelbooks but the batman and the LOTR ones single disc ones and. No UV

Yes

#437 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Has anyone noticed if their stores have been getting any restocks on most of these movies, preferably the steelbooks?

I'm probably going back to my local store tonight (haven't been since Monday), and see if they MAYBE have Sucker Punch, Gran Torino, V for Vendetta, or Book of Eli steelbooks.

Got 2 coupons left, but I feel the majority of the titles in the OP are going to be the only ones for $5 through the February deadline, and I doubt anything extraordinary is going to be coming out the last week it's running.
Posted Image

#438 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Got a few 3d movies, the final destination, final destination 5 and wrath of the titans for $10 each. I went in looking for Serenity but the rep said he hasn't seen that on the shelves for a while. Oh well

#439 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

My Batman Steelbooks had UV from the last time they ran this promo. Could have changed them though.

#440 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Way to many movies I'd be interested in picking up (The Hurt Locker and Hellboy 2 for example) that are listed not available in store for some reason.

#441 Imcheaptoo

Imcheaptoo

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Got 6 Blu-rays for $60! (The 6th was in the bargain bin for $7.99 lol)

Super easy and a really good selection left. I just walked up to the service desk, handed her the 5 DVDs and she handed me 5 coupons.

Thanks for the thread so I didn't miss this opportunity :)

#442 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Tried to picked up 6 movies & get denied at the cashier. 1st time ever run in to Clueless supervisor have no clue what Upgrade & Save coupon. Limited 1 coupon per movie per customer. I trade-in 6 movies no way i get 1 blu-ray. I'll go back tomorrow & talk to his manager straight him up instead. I ran into him few times & have no LUCK fighting with clueless person.
"Evil is Funs"

#443 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Tried to picked up 6 movies & get denied at the cashier. 1st time ever run in to Clueless supervisor have no clue what Upgrade & Save coupon. Limited 1 coupon per movie per customer. I trade-in 6 movies no way i get 1 blu-ray. I'll go back tomorrow & talk to his manager straight him up instead. I ran into him few times & have no LUCK fighting with clueless person.

You could always show that supervisor the page in the weekly ad discussing/outlining the Upgrade & Save promotion.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Sly 2: Band of Thieves

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/4]: :vita: Velocity 2X (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#444 sparklecopy

sparklecopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

So I've been selling all my DVD's on Ebay (the one's that actually have retained value) and now all the one's that don't have any value on Ebay are going towards this upgrade and save. I've been buying all the steelbooks I can. If you flip them on ebay they go for 10-15 bucks so you'll make a profit of 4-8 dollars minus fees . My question is do you think they will go up in value in a year or down? I plan to keep them for a year and worst case I give people shawshank redemption steelbook for christmas or birthday present. medium case I sell for ten bucks on ebay. Best case they go up in price to 25-30 and I make bank on crappy DVD's that would have cost me money to sell on ebay.

#445 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

So I've been selling all my DVD's on Ebay (the one's that actually have retained value) and now all the one's that don't have any value on Ebay are going towards this upgrade and save. I've been buying all the steelbooks I can. If you flip them on ebay they go for 10-15 bucks so you'll make a profit of 4-8 dollars minus fees . My question is do you think they will go up in value in a year or down? I plan to keep them for a year and worst case I give people shawshank redemption steelbook for christmas or birthday present. medium case I sell for ten bucks on ebay. Best case they go up in price to 25-30 and I make bank on crappy DVD's that would have cost me money to sell on ebay.

If you expect to make bank on steelbooks it's just not going to happen, sorry boss.

#446 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

cust service knew about the U&S and gave me coupons but when i pulled out 2 old cell phones they said recycle, no clue about the trade in for $5 gc, i told her it was in ad..she looked it up then said i had to go to mobile phone area that they needed the serial # etc...and of course the few customers in the store all seemed to be in that area. traded in 2 games and picked up Prototype 2 w coupon from mag for $15. phone area still busy w other customers but a lady did come over and offer to see if i was eligible for an upgrade and i asked her for coupon. Bluray selection pretty weak of any that i want..went w Silent Night , Oceans 11 trilogy and From Dusk to Dawn set..then later noticed Dusk was on sale for $7.99 so i basically lost a coupon..

#447 crow3232

crow3232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

oh and forgot to mention no one was working in game area, almost that whole side of store had no employees so had to go find one, did get a little extra for being unlocked and 100% extra trade. so i guess ill have to return my Dusk to Dawn trilogy and will prob just lose my coupon

#448 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

You could always show that supervisor the page in the weekly ad discussing/outlining the Upgrade & Save promotion.

He's idiot & clueless. You never win against hard head people kinda pointless talk to him instead talking to the ROCK or the Wall. I'll talk to his manager tomorrow & straight him up and next time he see me he better take left or right :)
"Evil is Funs"

#449 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

LAST CALL for the Book of Eli steelbooks. $15 shipped. jcp42877 is apparently not interested because he's no longer responding to PM's.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#450 sparklecopy

sparklecopy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

If you expect to make bank on steelbooks it's just not going to happen, sorry boss.

Well I don't expect it, but it would be nice. I sold some old unopened steelbooks for 30. I think that Bestbuy will go out of business in 1-3 years. Their business model is dying. all 3 BB's I went to in busy NYC were ghost towns. Netflix is demolishing the price of phyisical media. BB is a showroom for Amazon. Although it's gonna also be bad for Amazon if BB goes down cause if there is no showroom for Amazon, how will people know to buy from amazon? Some chicken and the egg thing right there. The question is how much steelbooks will go up in price from the $5 dollars I spent? if BB goes down and the production of limited steelbooks goes down then you may have gained 20 dollars on each. That's one plausible forecast.