Best Buy "Upgrade & Save" 1/13/13-2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#511 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

agreed if the LOTR steels were $10, id have double dipped and gotten them at $5 a piece after coup even though i own the extended edition set

one of my stores is actually well stocked on the LOTR steels too on all 3 movies

My store was loaded with copies for all 3 movies a week ago...but today, there was only one Fellowship of the Ring left and only a handful of Two Towers/Return of the King...I snagged the last Fellowship, but now that I know it's not extended edition, debating whether or not I want to keep it or just get some other movies.

Maybe I'll try the dollar store strategy and use some trade in and save coupons. I've never participated in the promo before, so I feel like this is a CAG merit badge that I have to earn ;).

#512 tokerblue

tokerblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

agreed if the LOTR steels were $10, id have double dipped and gotten them at $5 a piece after coup even though i own the extended edition set

one of my stores is actually well stocked on the LOTR steels too on all 3 movies

- If there were any in CT, I would pick up the Steelbook LOTR simply to store my EE versions. :)

#513 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

- If there were any in CT, I would pick up the Steelbook LOTR simply to store my EE versions. :)

so you would put the inferior version in the Fellowship of the Ring case?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#514 tokerblue

tokerblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

so you would put the inferior version in the Fellowship of the Ring case?

- Inferior due to green tint? Yes. I've been a very vocal critic about the picture quality on the EE. The other problem is the the TE version has it's own issues with edge enhancement and DNR.

I also think that the EE content is vastly superior to the TE cut.

#515 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

So all the steelbooks only have one spot to hold a disc? Thinking about swapping out some of my movies for the steelbooks but movies but some of them are combo packs.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#516 speedy05

speedy05

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

anyone have a store with North by Northwest? I managed to find Ben Hur & Casablanca, kinda bummed not to have a store with North by Northwest close by though.

#517 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

So all the steelbooks only have one spot to hold a disc? Thinking about swapping out some of my movies for the steelbooks but movies but some of them are combo packs.

Yep, only one disc. Hence why Best Buy can sell them so cheap.

Am I the only one who couldn't really find more than 5 Blu-rays to use the coupon on? Then again, the only Steels I was interested in is Batman Begins (which I got last time and still haven't touched) and Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (on release date, dumped the first film in that case as well). Not really interested in any of the other movies.

#518 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows steelbook is 35 now :-(

#519 darkdaze73

darkdaze73

Serious Fisherman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows steelbook is 35 now :-(

That's the combo pack. The single disc is still 9.99.

http://www.bestbuy.c...2015&id=2632587

#520 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

Can you price match a blu ray from somewhere else (target/amazon/etc) before applying the $5 coupon?
I've never traded in a dvd before.

#521 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Is that the steelbook one

#522 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Is that the steelbook one

Yes.

#523 ev768

ev768

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Is that $9.99 Amadeus a digipak or digibook? The ones at my local best buy aren't in normal blu ray cases, but bestbuy.com has 3 different skus for Amadeus blu-rays so I'm not sure. Amazon is selling a digibook version, but the ones at my best buy did not seem to be digibooks. They kinda looked like an all plastic case like the Taxi Driver digipak so I'm a bit confused.

I paid $4.99 for my Amadeus as well. It came in a normal blu-ray case.

#524 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

Is that $9.99 Amadeus a digipak or digibook? The ones at my local best buy aren't in normal blu ray cases, but bestbuy.com has 3 different skus for Amadeus blu-rays so I'm not sure. Amazon is selling a digibook version, but the ones at my best buy did not seem to be digibooks. They kinda looked like an all plastic case like the Taxi Driver digipak so I'm a bit confused.

the one I bought was a standard blu ray case.

Have you joined Listia yet? Get free stuff games, movies, jewelry, etc. https://www.listia.com/signup/4596755

#525 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Anyone have an links for the
The Departed: Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook and Last Samurai Bestbuy exclusive steelbook

#526 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

The Departed: Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook and Last Samurai Bestbuy exclusive steelbook

Sorry those are ones my store doesnt have. I got 13 of the steelbooks this week, but I still need both of those. I did find a Book of Eli buried behind a stack of regular ones.

Have you joined Listia yet? Get free stuff games, movies, jewelry, etc. https://www.listia.com/signup/4596755

#527 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

Today I picked up:

Book of Eli Steelbook
Ocean's 11,12,13 triple pack
Scrooged

I hope they have some recent stuff for a better price the lat week of this.

#528 noone13

noone13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

I ended up picking up five more blus today:

Apollo 13
Departed Steelbook
Matrix Steelbook
Shawshank Redemption Steelbook
Inception Steelbook

I am not even really sure why I picked up the steelbooks, just too tempting for $4.99 plus the $.25 dvd. Too bad I think I have cleaned out the dollar trees around me of the $.25 dvds. This brings me up to 20 blu-rays for the week and I should be down save for some new releases.

#529 bigdaddykyler

bigdaddykyler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:10 AM

Picked up today

Dredd (2011)
Monty python & the holy Grail
A Harold & kumar Christmas 3D
Taken 2 combo (couldn't find any tshirts)

Was going to get the Stallone 3pack but was $10 more than I thought it was...

So are the floor associates now just trained to do phone upgrades rather than know what they have or have the incentive to find out if they have it?

#530 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I paid $4.99 for my Amadeus as well. It came in a normal blu-ray case.

thanks

the one I bought was a standard blu ray case.

thanks

ended up at best buy last night so i took another look. sure enough, they were the $30 digibooks. the $10 regular blu-ray was sold out so i'll probably pick it up from another location.

#531 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

anyone have a store with North by Northwest? I managed to find Ben Hur & Casablanca, kinda bummed not to have a store with North by Northwest close by though.

I found one and it rang up $14.99. They had to get a manager to do a manual override to give me $5 back. It has the same sku as the $9.99 one online so it makes no fucking sense why it rang up $14.99.

It was the only copy in the store but I found it just yesterday. You might still find one. Mine was in the Drama section.

#532 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I just could not pull the trigger on some of the triple feature titles. I think this has to be a mild form of ocd for me. I did buy the tmnt pack, oceans and austin powers. see those I could buy because they are all part of the same franchise. the others I just can't do.

did find book of eli and shawshank steelbook. shawshank makes a nice edition to the digibook I have.

#533 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

The Departed SKU: 6932757
The Last Samurai SKU: 5513428

I cannot find the item pages and the usual url trick is not working for store locator, but you can call and give them the SKU's and they will verify stock.

#534 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

I traded in three austin powers movies, and music and lyrics. I bought the austin powers 3 movie colleciton, the tim burton 3 movie collection, and the drew barrymore collection (mostly for music and lyrics and wedding singer) and annie on blu-ray. It ended up costing me $20 total
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#535 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Are the .25 cent dvds pretty common at most dollar trees? I'm thinking about checking it out as I'm out of extra/junk dvds to trade in around the house.

#536 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I just could not pull the trigger on some of the triple feature titles. I think this has to be a mild form of ocd for me. I did buy the tmnt pack, oceans and austin powers. see those I could buy because they are all part of the same franchise. the others I just can't do.

i have OCD, but that's not what i'm picky about. I'm more worried about full individual cover art or the condensed triple feature artwork.

Most of the time I don't have a problem with the triple pack since it's cheaper overall, but I did have to think about the Ocean's gift set for $10 or rebuying the Ocean's triple feature for essentially $5. I ended up keeping the gift set.

Also had to think about the Austin Powers triple pack, but I already picked up all 3 Austin Powers movies individually for $5 each from a different U&S, so passed on the triple pack.

Are the .25 cent dvds pretty common at most dollar trees? I'm thinking about checking it out as I'm out of extra/junk dvds to trade in around the house.

I don't know, but I went to 3 dollar trees and nothing local to me for 0.25 dvds or any dvds at all.

#537 Foladar

Foladar

Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff

• Forum Moderator

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

I found some of the one cent ones at the local Dollar Tree, picked up Scarface and the Training Day / John Q triple feature.

#538 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Ended up finding some dvds around the house. Picked up Fight Club, Tropic Thunder, Zombieland, Sin City, and The Hangover for $25 out the door. Was hoping to get the lord of the rings movies, but all they had was return of the king. May check out another best buy in the area tomorrow to see if I can find them.

#539 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

How much was grumpy/grumpier

#540 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm officially done for the month. Even at 5 bucks a pop it adds up. Hopefully on the 1st there will be some new ones at my store to buy.