Best Buy "Upgrade & Save" 1/13/13-2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#571 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Doesn't seem like there's much left I want to pick up, unless perhaps my BBY restocks and gets in Shooter or some other movie that was sold out, like some of the steelbooks.

I only have 2 more DVDs to trade in, one of which is the original Departed DVD steelbook that was a BBY exclusive back on 06-07. They sold out fairly quick, but I don't think I can justify only getting "$5" for it. It's in mint condition, with the inside artwork (unlike this new Blu steelbook), and bonus 4 postcard insert thingies.

Then again, I can't even seem to sell it for $10 on ebay :roll:
Posted Image

#572 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

The bigger problem is genre division, not format consolidation, which I think is what most people have the problem with.

Agreed. So many movies can fit in more than one category that it sucks looking for a movie and not knowing if it's sold out or if you're just in the wrong section

#573 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Is there anyway to get new codes for digital copies included with my movies? Four out of six are expired.

Posted Image

#574 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Is there anyway to get new codes for digital copies included with my movies? Four out of six are expired.

Unfortunately no

#575 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Unfortunately no

Not wrong in all cases...

Email the producers people. That's the biggest thing. EVERY single movie I've ever had that has been expired, or had any problem, the group, whoever they may be have emailed me a new code.
Posted Image

#576 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Unfortunately no

Not wrong in all cases...

Email the producers people. That's the biggest thing. EVERY single movie I've ever had that has been expired, or had any problem, the group, whoever they may be have emailed me a new code.

Checked WB's site, and Inception has been extended until the end of this year. The other three (two Lionsgate, one Columbia), I'm waitin' to hear back from whenever. Props.

Posted Image

#577 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I did a search, but couldn't find an exact answer, so I figured I'd ask...I apologize if this has been covered. But when I check Best Buy's site for the Ocean's 11/12/13 triple pack, I do not see it. All I see is the gift set for $34.99, and an Oceans 11/12 double pack, with a picture of the Oceans 11/12/13 triple pack, for $9.99. So is that just a misprint or something, or is there an Oceans triple pack for $9.99 before coupon? And is there a way to see that on their site? Thanks!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#578 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

I did a search, but couldn't find an exact answer, so I figured I'd ask...I apologize if this has been covered. But when I check Best Buy's site for the Ocean's 11/12/13 triple pack, I do not see it. All I see is the gift set for $34.99, and an Oceans 11/12 double pack, with a picture of the Oceans 11/12/13 triple pack, for $9.99. So is that just a misprint or something, or is there an Oceans triple pack for $9.99 before coupon? And is there a way to see that on their site? Thanks!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ocean'S+Eleven+/+Twelve+-+3+Pack+-+Blu-ray+Disc/6934382.p?id=2554762&skuId=6934382&st=ocean's%20blu&lp=1&cp=1

The URL says 3 pack, so I'd assume it's the correct one.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#579 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ocean'S+Eleven+/+Twelve+-+3+Pack+-+Blu-ray+Disc/6934382.p?id=2554762&skuId=6934382&st=ocean's%20blu&lp=1&cp=1

The URL says 3 pack, so I'd assume it's the correct one.

Ok cool, thanks. That link didn't work, but when I clicked on the one that says 11/12 on their site to check for store availability, it does say 3-pack there. And when I grabbed the sku off half.com, and typed it into BB, that one came up, and the release date for that one is the same as the release date on amazon for the triple pack, so...whatever...lol. Very confusing.

Edit: Nevermind, that link did work...thanks! I did call BB to see if they could shed some light...they said all they have is a $29.99 triple pack, which I don't even see on their site. Ugh, I'll just swing by tomorrow.

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#580 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

just over $20..

AWWWWW YEAAAHHHH

https://pbs.twimg.co...3TACcAApUU_.jpg

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#581 Demonarch

Demonarch

Cowboy From Hell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

I picked up:

-Requiem for a dream
-Once upon a time in Mexico

for 4.99 +tax each

I also bought ''Existenz'' on blu for a mere 7.99 +tax. Y'all should see this one, one of Cronenberg's finest.

#582 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

Picked up Miracle and Hellboy 2 for five bucks each.

#583 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Picked up Miracle and Hellboy 2 for five bucks each.

Is hellboy $5 as well?

Edit:damn looks like it is $15

#584 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

did anyone find the Last Samurai Bestbuy exclusive steelbook in there stores

#585 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Is hellboy $5 as well?

Strange. I figured it was $10 as well, I was thinking of picking it up later. Oh well.

#586 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

did anyone find the Last Samurai Bestbuy exclusive steelbook in there stores

Nope, and I looked at four different BBYs. :\

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#587 Chadt74

Chadt74

CAGoholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

I do not pop into this section much, but thanks guys I was able to get 4 steelbooks for $20, good deal.

#588 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

u can buy the V fof Vendetta SB for 12.99 @bestbuy.com

#589 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Is hellboy $5 as well?

My local BB had Hellboy II (which most Best Buys don't carry for some reason) with a yellow $9.99 sticker.

#590 shravis

shravis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

Loving this thread! Picked up Batman Begins, Departed/Goodfellas/Aviator, Kill Bill 1 and 2, The Matrix, Shawshank Redemption, Sherlock Holmes 2, 300/Troy/Alexander Revisited, 2001/Clockwork Orange/Shining, and V for Vendetta/Watchmen/Constantine all for $5 each. Also got the Avatar 3D Blu-ray pack for $15. Still trying to find the Oceans Eleven three pack and then I think I'm done.

#591 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Hoping some of the blu titles I've been eyeing will go on sale before the promotion ends so I can take advantage of it again like last time.
Posted Image

#592 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 AM

The Sku for it is: 6934382

#593 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Checked WB's site, and Inception has been extended until the end of this year. The other three (two Lionsgate, one Columbia), I'm waitin' to hear back from whenever. Props.

Yeah, WB has expanded some digital copies to 2017, and you have to go to their site and it will give you a new code.

#594 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

looks like get the gringo best buy exclusive is up to $19.99 while the regular edition is on sale for $9.99. bought the bbuy exclusive version yesterday for $9.99 hoping i can bring in a dvd today to trade and get $5 off, but it was ringing up $19.99 today.

#595 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

looks like get the gringo best buy exclusive is up to $19.99 while the regular edition is on sale for $9.99. bought the bbuy exclusive version yesterday for $9.99 hoping i can bring in a dvd today to trade and get $5 off, but it was ringing up $19.99 today.

Man, that is soooo dumb, so Sunday and Monday it was $9.99 ringing up that way and on the site. Now it jumped back up...FML for being too lazy to run out the past two days to grab it. Oh well, guess its just End of Watch for me today and I hope the blind buy is worth it (film does look intense)
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#596 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Got my last four movies.

- Fight Club
- Sherlock Holmes SB
- Social Network
- From Dusk Till Dawn 1/FDTD2/FDTD3/Full Tilt Boogie

Just realized I forgot to get Kill Bill Vol. 1. Would've got that over Social Network. Oh well. Only paid $1.50 tax out of pocket for 15 movies. I have no complaints lol.

Is Fight Club really good? I remember seein' the first 5 or 10 minutes years ago and never gettin' back to it for w/e reason. It was the last one so I just grabbed it.

Edited by NovaKane, 22 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#597 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Got my last four movies.

- Fight Club
- Sherlock Holmes SB
- Social Network SB
- From Dusk Till Dawn 1/FDTD2/FDTD3/Full Tilt Boogie

Just realized I forgot to get Kill Bill Vol. 1. Would've got that over Social Network. Oh well. Only paid $1.50 tax out of pocket for 15 movies. I have no complaints lol.

Is Fight Club really good? I remember seein' the first 5 or 10 minutes years ago and never gettin' back to it for w/e reason. It was the last one so I just grabbed it.

Fight Club will change your life.

#598 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

^ What that guy said, without a doubt.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#599 brewtownska

brewtownska

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just curious, has anyone tried taking one of the new Blu-ray sets that comes with a DVD and tried trading in the DVD without any artwork? Basically the DVD in a blank case?

The FAQ on page one does suggest we probably need some kind of artwork, but was wondering if anyone has found the stores don't care.

I ask because a few of the movies I've bought over the last 2 Upgrade & Save saless have had the free DVD inside which I probably would never use. If I can trade the DVD in for $5 off another blu-ray, I'd definitely do that. I have a lot of blank cases from all the free crap tax software sends each year (and back when AOL used to send CDs in the mail in a full-sized case), so that side is covered.

My other option would maybe be print off cover scans of the movies (ideally B&W because it's cheap).

#600 NovaKane

NovaKane

On the real...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Columbia and Lionsgate were a no go on tryin' to get new codes. The emails pretty much translated to, "You're SOL." No big deal.

^ What that guy said, without a doubt.

Damn. Glad I picked that up then 8-)

Posted Image