Best Buy "Upgrade & Save" 1/13/13-2/2/13

• Please log in to reply
860 replies to this topic

#661 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Awesome deal on Dark Knight Returns Part 2. I hope the Dark Knight Rises steelbook is also included in the sale.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#662 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

Awesome deal on Dark Knight Returns Part 2. I hope the Dark Knight Rises steelbook is also included in the sale.

While I'd love to hope it is, it likely is not.
MLIFTgM.gif

#663 thebokchoyman

thebokchoyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Today was my 2nd trip for the promotion. I wanted to pick up Taken 2 for the 2 day sale, but the sales associate kept stating it was an"online only" price. I ended up just getting these for $4.99

300 (SteelBook)
Friends With Benefits
Piranha
Posted Image

:br: - 126
:dvd: - 314
:360: - 33

#664 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Damn, looks like the one I was watching was the Futureshop steelbook. Oh well.

How do you tell if something is first print or not?

I read on another site that none of these Best Buy steelbooks have inner artwork because they're just reprints of the Canadian Futureshop steelbooks which did have inner art.

I bought Underworld Awakening BB Exclusive Steelbook not too long ago but it has inner artwork. But, this isn't the cheapo $9.99 piece.

Maybe only if BB list them as $9.99, they won't have the inner art work?

#665 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

While I'd love to hope it is, it likely is not.

Batman: DKR is still new.. probably have to wait for 2 more rounds of U&S for the price to drop to $9.99 and we'll score it later for $5. :D

#666 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

does the Best Buy Exclusive with Joker figurine combo pack a steelbook or just the reg one

also got Sucker Punch and V For Vendetta steelbooks from BestBuy online i am going to do a rebuy on them to use the $5 Upgrade & Save coupon

can they be open to do a rebuy

#667 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Has anyone ever been able to return a movie they bought under upgrade and save and get that $5 reapplied to another title?

I bought a steelbook and I just realized I already have the same movie in digibook, and for me digitbook trumps steelbook.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#668 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Has anyone ever been able to return a movie they bought under upgrade and save and get that $5 reapplied to another title?

I bought a steelbook and I just realized I already have the same movie in digibook, and for me digitbook trumps steelbook.

i did and i also pm u

#669 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Does anybody think the sale next week on Amazing Spiderman will cover the Steelbook Version as well

#670 frpilot

frpilot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Today was my 2nd trip for the promotion. I wanted to pick up Taken 2 for the 2 day sale, but the sales associate kept stating it was an"online only" price.

it doesn't automatically ring up $12.99? Or maybe when the cashier totals it up the price will be $12.99? does anyone know? I'm planning to pick one of these up tonight if I can utilize $5 upgrade and save.

#671 Charlie Dynamite

Charlie Dynamite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

it doesn't automatically ring up $12.99? Or maybe when the cashier totals it up the price will be $12.99? does anyone know? I'm planning to pick one of these up tonight if I can utilize $5 upgrade and save.

i just left my best buy and they still had all the taken 2 blu's marked as 24.99, i didnt bother having them scan it for me.

i also noticed that now that the 3pack sale is over, my best buy has every single triple pack imagineable, including a couple i never saw once while the sale was going. it had jfk and 2 other movies in it, i forgot what they were. oh well..

i picked up the girl with a dragon tattoo combo pack for 9.99 and evil dead 2 for 7.99..

#672 Invicta 61

Invicta 61

Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

It seems every time I see this promotion, it's always the same movies that pop up as available for $5. Discount some new shit!
Bah weep granah weep nini bong.

And now I present Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy:

Spoiler

#673 mvp828

mvp828

Amish Black Market

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

i also noticed that now that the 3pack sale is over, my best buy has every single triple pack imagineable, including a couple i never saw once while the sale was going. it had jfk and 2 other movies in it, i forgot what they were. oh well..

It was JFK, Natural Born Killers, and Any Given Sunday. First time I saw it too.

#674 Charlie Dynamite

Charlie Dynamite

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

It was JFK, Natural Born Killers, and Any Given Sunday. First time I saw it too.

ahh that was it..after paying 5 dollars for them i couldnt even imagine paying 20 lol..i just wish they did a better job of letting you know what the price of something is in store, theres always some sort of sale going on so you never know if what you pick up is the ticketed price..cant complain tho, i picked up like 15 movies this upgrade and save and i think we still have a week left right? im sure ill pick up a couple more this sunday..

#675 chronoserge456

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Picked up Princess Bride, 21 Jump St, and Amadeus (finally found a store that had it). Debating on picking up The Artist

Let's make today a GREAT day!
PS3: BadASSStunGUN
Currently playing: League of Legends, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, SSB3DS Demo
nujabesAlbumGIF.gif

#676 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered (didn't notice it in the FAQ); do the coupons have an expiration date attached/are they valid until the last day of the promotion, or do the coupons have to be used immediately upon the same day you trade-in? I don't have the most cash on me right now and would love to grab a couple of these coupons now and use them in a week or so.

I think I am going to go in this weekend and finally utilize this promo for the first time =].

#677 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Was in Algonquin and stopped at Best Buy. They had both Sherlock Holmes steelbooks, Book of Eli steelbook, all LOTR steels. Unfortunately I was a good 40 minutes from home. Lesson learned, always keep some DVD's in the car.

#678 tokerblue

tokerblue

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Sorry if this has already been answered (didn't notice it in the FAQ); do the coupons have an expiration date attached/are they valid until the last day of the promotion, or do the coupons have to be used immediately upon the same day you trade-in? I don't have the most cash on me right now and would love to grab a couple of these coupons now and use them in a week or so.

- I haven't had an issue using the coupons at a later date. They are valid until the last day of the promotion.

#679 tenchi7

tenchi7

Flying Spaghetti Monster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Was in Algonquin and stopped at Best Buy. They had both Sherlock Holmes steelbooks, Book of Eli steelbook, all LOTR steels. Unfortunately I was a good 40 minutes from home. Lesson learned, always keep some DVD's in the car.

You could also went to a dollar tree, or bought them and returned them to your store and then get coupons.

Have you joined Listia yet? Get free stuff games, movies, jewelry, etc. https://www.listia.com/signup/4596755

#680 outcastjon

outcastjon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Went in tonight and picked-up:

Taken 2 $7.99
Resident Evil: Afterlife $4.99

Was ready for this to be my last trip, but the cashier was nice enough to return my coupon and trade-in receipt again for the second time.

#681 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Holy crap. In a span of a couple days, the Sherlock Holmes (first movie) steelbooks got completely cleared out at my local Best Buy, and there were a lot of them. I wonder if it was the doing of one person.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#682 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

I think I am going to go in this weekend and finally utilize this promo for the first time =].

They are technically good until 2/1, but if you use it at a later date, make doubly sure you get a receipt for the coupons. Depending on how strict the cashier is they may not take it without the receipt.

#683 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

Finally got to participate in this getting Taken 2 for $7.99 and going back tomorrow to pick up The Change Up for $4.99.

#684 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

Are they going start restocking for the last week of the sale

#685 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

- I haven't had an issue using the coupons at a later date. They are valid until the last day of the promotion.

Cool, guess I better hurry, then!

They are technically good until 2/1, but if you use it at a later date, make doubly sure you get a receipt for the coupons. Depending on how strict the cashier is they may not take it without the receipt.

I'll probably avoid having to go this route. I'll likely only pick up a handful of things to begin with.

Thanks for the info, guys!

#686 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Picked up Watchmen 2 disc and Sin City 2 disc. Was hoping to find a 300 steelbook and Taken, but they were all gone.

#687 Unstopabull

Unstopabull

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:51 AM

I also came across many 3 packs today that I hadn't been able to find since this promotion started. A worker told me that a whole seperate group stocks the movie section and she had trouble finding things within the section too. She overrided the price for me the most she could , since it was no longer on sale,and found the only copy of Sherlock for me that was in the back.

This has been a great deal but I am more frustrated than ever with the dumbass way the blu and DVDs are put together and how there are so many different areas that a movie could be hiding in the store.

Are there any blu's that are going to drop in price this Sunday?

#688 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336981

#689 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

While I'm not positive, I believe it just rings up at the sale price. All I know is the cashier acknowledged the sale price when I asked about it and didn't seem to spend any time doing a PM.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#690 Gameboy415

Gameboy415

16-bits of awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336981

I thought I was done w/U&S this time around but I might actually grab these this week:

-Resident Evil: Retribution 3D
-Hotel Transylvania 3D
-Total Recall
Posted Image